Anticipation of Black Friday predictions for 2018!

jaymacfla

Traditionally, September brings a flurry of deal predictions. Websites will be looking into their crystal balls or pouring over data from previous years to bring us their best guesses of the upcoming holiday shopping season. I have already seen signs that the major players are ready to carve more "meat off of the bone' than ever before. Can you name a few instances in 2018 where you sat back and said, "Wow! that is the lowest price" or "can they possibly do any better than that?"

On the electronics side of the deal, TCL has been very aggressive this year and has allowed retailers to sell their expanded product line at deal worthy prices. Did you catch the Best Buy deal on a 55 inch 4k with Roku, HDR and Dolby vision for $360? I had jumped at the chance to purchase an entry level Dolby vision TV at $429 and then just like that, I was calling for a price adjustment!

Did you catch the Firestick and Fire TV deals this year? The Firestick went for $20 and a Fire TV went for a mere $35.

On many trips through Walmart this year, I saw the TV deals heaped at us in front of the electronics section. HDR is now commonplace on the D series VIZIO! Have you seen the 65 inch 4k deals for $598? It didn't seem to matter which maker since they were throwing them up like spaghetti against the wall. Sure, they play the game of price tag, but the deals were plentiful. How about a $498 65" Hisense 4k with HDR right now? Crazy, huh?

What deals have you found that made you shake your head? It doesn't have to be tech related. Toys? Games? Movies? appliances? Give us your best deals that could possibly be beaten this Black Friday.

I have a feeling it's going to be a good year for tablet deals. I've been reading that sales on all tablets are down a lot. I think they may use BF to help pump up those figures and move some stock. I'm still hoping for a really good deal on a Surface Pro. I still want one but $1000-$1500 is just too much for me to pay for something I will use sparingly.

• Like 1

I've been watching the TVs closely this year, as I have been considering a 4k since last year's BF. That said, the price watching has been interesting. I've also, by not rushing into the purchase, allowed myself to really scout out the various models in store for picture quality, overall appearance, and actual physical measurements to make sure the TV I ultimately buy will be one I can be happy with for at least a solid 3-5 years without breaking the bank to get it. i.e. - I love the Sony 900 series but... Yeowch on those prices! Soooo... I've been looking at other brands/models/etc to find one that will be comparable without quite so much pain in the wallet.

Haven't really been doing too much shopping outside of my TV hunt, but I'm always curious to see what amazing deals come out of nowhere, either on BF or in the weeks leading up to it. 

I can’t talk electronics but I can talk crafts. I’ve seen flannel and fleece fabrics at BF prices several times this year already which seems out of the norm. And Joann’s has been putting out 60% off coupons with some regularity too! Either they are going to have to do better on BF this year or I’m not sure I’ll be all that impressed considering the deals I’ve already seen (and gotten).

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I have a feeling it's going to be a good year for tablet deals. I've been reading that sales on all tablets are down a lot. I think they may use BF to help pump up those figures and move some stock. I'm still hoping for a really good deal on a Surface Pro. I still want one but $1000-$1500 is just too much for me to pay for something I will use sparingly.

We are due for a new tablet, but may venture into the ipad sector of the market due to my large 4k movie library.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 1

I've been watching the TVs closely this year, as I have been considering a 4k since last year's BF. That said, the price watching has been interesting. I've also, by not rushing into the purchase, allowed myself to really scout out the various models in store for picture quality, overall appearance, and actual physical measurements to make sure the TV I ultimately buy will be one I can be happy with for at least a solid 3-5 years without breaking the bank to get it. i.e. - I love the Sony 900 series but... Yeowch on those prices! Soooo... I've been looking at other brands/models/etc to find one that will be comparable without quite so much pain in the wallet.

Haven't really been doing too much shopping outside of my TV hunt, but I'm always curious to see what amazing deals come out of nowhere, either on BF or in the weeks leading up to it.

Sony has been rather disappointing in their feature sets but we shall see in the future how that pans out. So many of their competitors have already come out with advancements that make them more compatible with our everyday lifestyle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using GottaDEAL mobile app

Im looking for a trampoline for my new backyard and hoping BF holds up to past years and produces a fantastic deal! A BB hoop would be a nice addition as well.

I recently got a clearance 55" LG 4k TV for $350 and am really happy with it.

Sent from my VS988 using GottaDEAL mobile app

Where? I am in the market for a tv this year.....I've needed one for a few months but refused since I know the sales will be good on BF.

Im looking for a trampoline for my new backyard and hoping BF holds up to past years and produces a fantastic deal! A BB hoop would be a nice addition as well.

I recently got a clearance 55" LG 4k TV for $350 and am really happy with it.

Sent from my VS988 using GottaDEAL mobile app

$350???!! Wow! That’s awesome! I didn’t plan on buying a tv, but I may just need one. My 50 inch plasma that I’ve had for about 10 years had a red line going straight down the middle. Don’t know what that means exactly, but I figured it means I’ll most likely need a new one soon.

Not much I'm in the market for this year, but am hoping to find a great deal on a Blu Ray player.  I'm starting to accumulate enough Blu Rays to get one.  I have one now but loaned it to my mom since her DVD player messed up so I'll probably just let her keep it.

Not in the market for a TV until some are available with 3.0 capabilities plus I just got a 40 inch TV for $100 a few months ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in need of a new laptop for my daughter. Her old one unexpectedly died. I’m hoping for some good deals!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Laptops seem to be making a comeback of sorts on people's wish-lists. I fondly remember when they were the darling of the Black Friday sales. Perhaps this will be the year that we see a surge in both purchases and crazy deals, of course!

I'm hoping to see some great deals on Galaxy S9 phones. 

If you have waited, November is usually the best month to get one. I am also anxious to see if they can top the deals on the Note as well.

Not much I'm in the market for this year, but am hoping to find a great deal on a Blu Ray player.  I'm starting to accumulate enough Blu Rays to get one.  I have one now but loaned it to my mom since her DVD player messed up so I'll probably just let her keep it.

Not in the market for a TV until some are available with 3.0 capabilities plus I just got a 40 inch TV for $100 a few months ago.

You are definitely in the right place to find a cheap yet full featured model this year! With 4K players becoming more affordable, the chance of getting what you want at the price you need will get better and better.

• Like 1

I got next week's Kohl's flyer in the mail today, for their "Lowest Prices of the Season" Sale. And THE throws are in there, $9.99! Not quite BF price, but good if you want to make sure you get your favorite style.

Or, the black Halloween cats. Just sayin'.

You had me at black Halloween Cats lol! I’ve gotta get one! When does that sale start?
  • Like 1

I got next week's Kohl's flyer in the mail today, for their "Lowest Prices of the Season" Sale. And THE throws are in there, $9.99! Not quite BF price, but good if you want to make sure you get your favorite style.

Oh lord. I have started repeating to myself that I do not need another throw. :)

• Like 6

Hehe!! Sale starts Wednesday. I got $10 KC yesterday, so I guess that's what I'll be spending it on.

I also started looking at the St Nicholas Square throw blankets. Those aren't as plush, but still nice. And they have a gingerbread design... On a blue background! That matches all my "stuff".

Then I did the usual search on 'gingerbread'. And now I have 4 gingerbread items in my cart. In September. Trying to convince myself I don't need to buy them yet, they will be on sale again before they are relevant.

• Like 3

I have the throw on my list this year for....my pug [emoji4] when she’s on the bed with me and I pull mine out she snuggles right up. I’m going to get her one for her bed! I’m undecided on if I want solid or a print; decisions, decisions, lol.

• Like 2

I'm considering a video doorbell or wireless camera for my front door.  In this day and age I hate not having a peephole in my door.  I need to do some research because I need it to be simple to install and simple to use.  I'm not the most handy gal around but I do have tools.  LOL.  

I have a Ring Pro, you don't have to get the monthly/yearly account. If you don't have it you just don't get the recorded videos so you have to look at what's going on while it's happening. We love ours and the yearly bill to allow us to store wasn't bad.

• Like 2

Oh lord. I have started repeating to myself that I do not need another throw. :)

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. But black cats? I do t have a Halloween one. Heeheehee

Hehe!! Sale starts Wednesday. I got $10 KC yesterday, so I guess that's what I'll be spending it on.

I also started looking at the St Nicholas Square throw blankets. Those aren't as plush, but still nice. And they have a gingerbread design... On a blue background! That matches all my "stuff".

Then I did the usual search on 'gingerbread'. And now I have 4 gingerbread items in my cart. In September. Trying to convince myself I don't need to buy them yet, they will be on sale again before they are relevant.

You guys are killing me. Now I want the gingerbread one also. I have already distributed older ones to pets. It’s a sickness at this point. Lol
  • Like 2

Well, you never know when you will need an emergency gift! So it's good to be prepared. :)

This is precisely why I end up ordering more than I want then I get them and they are all so cute I end up keeping them!!!!   ARGH!  Darn you Kohl's  :)

I have the throw on my list this year for....my pug [emoji4] when she’s on the bed with me and I pull mine out she snuggles right up. I’m going to get her one for her bed! I’m undecided on if I want solid or a print; decisions, decisions, lol.

Print all they way!  LOL

• Like 2

Well, you never know when you will need an emergency gift! So it's good to be prepared. :)

So I decided to do a ‘winter wellness’ gift thing this year; I’m going to bundle the throw with some hot chocolate and maybe some Christmas candy. I think family and friends will enjoy this as the throws are always a hit. I got 8 throws today, so I ended up with free shipping plus $15 in Kohl’s Cash! Thanks so much for the heads up on the sale!! :)
  • Like 5