WARNING: spiegel bears anyone ordered!

I was just checking my bank account online and remember those anniversary bears from spiegel we got for like 1.xx and free shipping code?? Well, my account was charged 14.95 the other day from someplace calle Privaledge Pass with a 877 number. I called it and it said "thank you for calling customer service" and I had no idea who i called. Comes to be that when I checked out, I guess in some small print, it signed me up for some crap privaledge pass for travel and such...well, we don't travel. she cancelled my membership and I demanded my 14.95 back and she is refunding it to my account. Check your statements!!! If you were unaware of it. She asked if i recieved my welcome packet...but I never did. just a heads up!

Something similar to that happened to me when I ordered movie tickets online one time. WLI*Reservations started charging my c/c $9 a month (Google them, apparently it's a HUGE problem). Same type of company as the one you are describing. I kept disputing the charge month after month and the c/c company finally took care of them. Ticks me off...if these companies were legit, they wouldn't have to tag on to the other companies when you go to check out.

LOOK! I just Googled this company you mentioned:

http://edumacation.com/SpiegelPrivilegePass

I had the same thing happen to me when I ordered cards from Vista. The cards were an excellent price and well done. But this month, I received an email that I would have a $14.00 charge on my credit card for some program through Vista. I had to call to cancel it. Be sure to check your emails and credit card bills.