Is this a for profit site? How do you even make money?

AFB

On a more serious note, for the curious... there are referral links for most of the deals posted on the main site - they are just well hidden to stop some of the spyware and parasite apps from doing any damage and stealing our commission. :squint:

Each of us have other sites besides GottaDeal. I personally have my own business which includes many other deal-type sites as well as some other online ventures (which I can't say too much about because a good magician never reveals his secrets). This is my full time "job" :2afro:

So yes, the site is for profit, but Ross and I are both old-school hot dealers from the glory days of hot deals, and we wanted to create the kind of site that we would visit as such a site would help others get great deals, whether or not we gain anything from it. :cool:

If anyone has any other questions about the site, feel free to ask. Unlike some of our competitors, we are willing to discuss these things with our users without feeding you some line about how we only exist to help humanity, etc.... :rolleyes:

Can a member invest in this site for a share of the revenue?

That would be very unlikely because of the fact that other than hosting and a very small amount of advertising, we basically have no expenses other than our time, so what would we do with your investment?

If a member wants to make $ off of gottadeal, you can inquire about setting up a co-branded site with your own web site if you have one. Or we possibly could set up a private-label deal site for you to promote yourself and we could share the revenues. We'd host, update and maintain the site - you'd just have to get people to go to it.

• 3 weeks later...