Black Friday 2018 Countdown & Anticipation Thread

Brad

Welp, the Kmarts in my area have survived the cut and will see another BF...we shall see what the deals look like this year... and 800 stores, yeah that's a shocker...

Our K-Mart is still going strong.  We are in an area that it is a big store here.  All we have is Kmart, Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart a couple of little stores 2 Dunkin Donuts, several auto stores, tire stores, cigarette shops about 6, and fireworks stores.  

Our K-Mart is actually clean, and has decent sales.  The are quite busy

• Like 1

Our K-Mart is still going strong. We are in an area that it is a big store here. All we have is Kmart, Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart a couple of little stores 2 Dunkin Donuts, several auto stores, tire stores, cigarette shops about 6, and fireworks stores.

Our K-Mart is actually clean, and has decent sales. The are quite busy

I think the Kmart near me survives because there is no WalMart near it, have to go across town about 15 mins in either direction, not far, but when you're talking convenience Kmart wins...there is a Target up the road though and that's where I'd rather go if I dont feel like going to Wally World...

Sent from my SM-G965U using GottaDEAL mobile app

All of our local K-Marts have closed. More and more, I am beginning to loathe going to Wal-Mart; if it’s after 9am forget it. Luckily for me, I have multiple Targets to choose from; that is my go to big box store.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Edited by tyreejames

Just a heads up - our annual BF forum giveaway where we give away things like iPads, gift cards, etc... for posting will happen again this year and posts you make now will count for entries, so if you want to start racking up entries, feel free to start posting in this forum. Reply to existing threads, start new ones, etc...

• Like 6

Just a heads up - our annual BF forum giveaway where we give away things like iPads, gift cards, etc... for posting will happen again this year and posts you make now will count for entries, so if you want to start racking up entries, feel free to start posting in this forum. Reply to existing threads, start new ones, etc...

Ooh.... But I'm actually debating not doing Black Friday this year??? (Turns tail and runs from the rotten tomatoes being flung)

Just not much I need that will be on sale this year. Mid way thru building our house. Kid does NOT need anything after my consignment sale shopping spree this week, most of my shopping is done... Might do the mall for BBW but that's really it unless the ads are spectacular. And I'll probably go after the rush to Wal-Mart but it's probably the last year we'll have my dad. I want to enjoy dinner with him and our family instead of rushing.

Does posting in the t-shirt club count Brad?

Ooh.... But I'm actually debating not doing Black Friday this year??? (Turns tail and runs from the rotten tomatoes being flung)

Just not much I need that will be on sale this year. Mid way thru building our house. Kid does NOT need anything after my consignment sale shopping spree this week, most of my shopping is done... Might do the mall for BBW but that's really it unless the ads are spectacular. And I'll probably go after the rush to Wal-Mart but it's probably the last year we'll have my dad. I want to enjoy dinner with him and our family instead of rushing.

Does posting in the t-shirt club count Brad?

I generally do all of my BF shopping on line.  The way it has been for the last few years, the sales go live so early that you can finish your online shopping before Thanksgiving dinner.  On Friday, it's always Petsmart and maybe Rite Aid.  

• Like 2

I love the frenzy. I don’t need much this year or so I say! I said the same thing last year too and went waaaay over budget and loved every minute of it. I blame my sister having to work on the actual Black Friday so I spent thanksgiving with her and I blew up the town going to stores I normally don’t have access to during that weekend. :)
  • Like 1

I generally do all of my BF shopping on line.  The way it has been for the last few years, the sales go live so early that you can finish your online shopping before Thanksgiving dinner.  On Friday, it's always Petsmart and maybe Rite Aid.  

I believe that the online component has advanced to the point that there should be no argument about Thursday sales interfering with the holiday.

• Like 1

Agree with you jaymacfla. Wife and I have been BF shopping for well over 25 years and we do miss the days of preparing, waiting, and scoring the deals even on the holiday. However we have changed with the times and shop online as much as possible in addition to catching deals all year long. I have always said that the merchants should consider online deals only on the Thanksgiving holiday to allow most of their workers to enjoy the holiday while still making money. We still go out and get a few things that may not be offered or out of stock online. That being said we still get excited when BF is approaching. We enjoy these forums, webcasts and everything else that goes along with BF. Only our method of buying has changed.
  • Like 1

I have a feeling this year is going to mostly online shopping for us. We are in a small town now and the closet area for us to go to B&M stores will be about an hour. Only real stores around here are WalMart which we will wander through on Friday LONG after the sales have been on so I don't expect much from there and Lowe's which I think I've been in once on BF.

• Like 1

I would think that contest should be starting soon...

I plan to start the first t-shirt contest and open the other BF sub-forums next Monday the 10th. I'll also start taking orders for shirts that day as well as post the annual BF forum giveaway details, so that day will kind of be the official start of the BF season here on GD.

I removed last year's ads from the BF site this morning and I'm working on a bunch of other stuff behind the scenes to get ready for this year with an even larger focus on the online sales as many of you have discussed in here.

• Like 7

I’m not surprised that stores won’t stay closed on Thanksgiving and only offer online sales. It’s a nice idea, but retailers know that getting people into the store means that they will likely buy more than just the things they would buy online. I’m definitely one of those people! :D

I plan to start the first t-shirt contest and open the other BF sub-forums next Monday the 10th. I'll also start taking orders for shirts that day as well as post the annual BF forum giveaway details, so that day will kind of be the official start of the BF season here on GD.

I removed last year's ads from the BF site this morning and I'm working on a bunch of other stuff behind the scenes to get ready for this year with an even larger focus on the online sales as many of you have discussed in here.

This excites me  :trampolin ... 

• Like 1

Just noticed that the Wal-Mart here unloaded some of their shipping containers where most of their BF and Xmas merchandise is stored every year. It's almost BF time.

Ha!  I love seeing those shipping containers!  My Dad was a trucker and retired from Walmart Distribution many years ago but he still tells stories of hauling all the BF merchandise around the area.  I think he secretly loved it though.  LOL

• Like 1

I have been finding all kinds of deals over the past few months and we are almost half way done shopping now. I think by the time BF hits the only thing we will be out shopping for is DVDs and clothes.

I'm actually done with my son aside from his stocking! I've been shopping since March though. I like spreading out the buying. Know what I getting for pretty much everybody, or already have it.

I need a deal on Ancestry kits though!

I think we will end up doing a lot online this year, we moved back to FL this year and to a smaller town this time. No real stores we shop outside of Wal-Mart are near us and I probably won't want to drive an hour to the ones we used to go to. That and part of the family is back in MI so it's just easier to have things sent there.

• Like 2