UPS

riven3d

Thought I would post this here and see what comments I get

Just saw a UPS person ridding around in a golf cart with a trailer attached. Stopping at houses and drooping off deliveries. This is crazy so while they are walking up the driveway and to the door anyone can just walk/drive by and steal packages that are just there to be taken

I just witnessed this whole sitting at a friends house waiting for them to get home

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

They just drove by again so I took a picture 0aed6e8319e90495c302c2a339d30820.jpg

Makes sense if there are a lot of deliveries in close proximity of each other.  More cost effective than starting and stopping the bigger trucks.  Plus, they leave their truck doors open when they run packages up anyways.  I just would hope they are keeping a good eye on the packages, they are responsible for them.  Don't they automatically give you insurance up to a certain dollar amount free?

I was told 4-5 years ago they break out all sorts of vehicles for the holidays in some neighborhoods where they have a lot of deliveries.

Usually in the neighborhood you will find the main truck and they use the carts to run packages to the houses so they can have multiple people out at one time. :homer:

A few packages sure but the trailer was overflowing. Keeping an eye on it or not anyone can drive up with a passenger and make off with a bunch before they can react and then what it's a golf cart

Then it's a Golf Cart chase down :)

Will be on the nightly news. Honestly there is nothing stopping those people from just walking up to the door and taking the package 2 mins after the delivery driver leaves. My guess is we will all start seeing those stories in the news soon enough..

It has always seemed odd to me that they leave the doors open on the truck.  Especially when they come in to my office, so it's not like they're just going to the door.  I agree Riven, it's like they're just begging someone to steal something. But I guess they've decided it's worth the risk.

Will be on the nightly news. Honestly there is nothing stopping those people from just walking up to the door and taking the package 2 mins after the delivery driver leaves. My guess is we will all start seeing those stories in the news soon enough..

Here in Oklahoma (I assumed it was all over the country), this has been a major problem the last several months.  Almost every day, there's a new story or security video on Facebook, of what they're calling "porch pirates". 

You must not have been watching the news this week - packages already swiped off porches in metro Detroit area, if I recall correctly. smh

No I haven't really paid attention, I know it get's worse the closer to the holiday's we get.

Sad sad world.

Agreed.

So glad my complex keeps all packages too large to fit in mailboxes in the leasing office. Can make it a pain for pick up sometimes, but well worth the security of knowing they're not just sitting out in the open someplace. 

• Like 1

I live in SE Michigan too and I have not seen any golf carts.  Maybe UPS is onto something....the carjackers would be too embarrassed to swipe a golf cart! LOL

I have always seen the regular trucks wide open and unattended while the driver makes deliveries.  I suspect that UPS is still counting on most folks being honest.

I did have UPS drop off 2 boxes today.  Usually they ring the doorbell as the scamper off the porch.  But today no one rang my door bell.  I wish they would at least get the  seasonal guys to knock or ring the doorbell to give people a fighting chance to rescue their packages before the porch pirates take them.

I live in SE Michigan too and I have not seen any golf carts.  Maybe UPS is onto something....the carjackers would be too embarrassed to swipe a golf cart! LOL

I have always seen the regular trucks wide open and unattended while the driver makes deliveries.  I suspect that UPS is still counting on most folks being honest.

I did have UPS drop off 2 boxes today.  Usually they ring the doorbell as the scamper off the porch.  But today no one rang my door bell.  I wish they would at least get the  seasonal guys to knock or ring the doorbell to give people a fighting chance to rescue their packages before the porch pirates take them.

I am going to be installing one of the Ring Pro doorbells at my house. It's a shame we have to do thing like this in order to keep our deliveries safe.

Agreed.

So glad my complex keeps all packages too large to fit in mailboxes in the leasing office. Can make it a pain for pick up sometimes, but well worth the security of knowing they're not just sitting out in the open someplace. 

Ya when I lived in an apartment they did that also. Was nice but also a PITA because they were usually closed for the day by the time I got home from work. :)

I am going to be installing one of the Ring Pro doorbells at my house. It's a shame we have to do thing like this in order to keep our deliveries safe.

Ya when I lived in an apartment they did that also. Was nice but also a PITA because they were usually closed for the day by the time I got home from work. :)

Yep. I run into that same problem. So office staff knows if anything comes in during the week, they'll see my smiling face first thing Sat morning. lol

• Like 1