GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

Luckily they still make the same bags I chose for the first run of them all those years ago. Like some of you have said they are pretty big and hold up well. And they are lightweight for shipping which helps me if I'm going to send some to everyone :)

• Like 9

Luckily they still make the same bags I chose for the first run of them all those years ago. Like some of you have said they are pretty big and hold up well. And they are lightweight for shipping which helps me if I'm going to send some to everyone :)

Woohoo!! Happy Dance

Anyone got any ideas for what to do for this club next year? I don't know if I want to give away shirts again as that kind of hurt the activity level in the various contest threads (I know some of you still entered).

Any suggestions for other things to give away to the survivors?

How about a GD swag box? Fill it full of shopping bags, string packs, hats, mouse pads, pens. Everything!

Hand warmers. 

I didn’t enter any of the other contests/t-shirt giveaways because I didn’t want to seem greedy. I would suggest a travel coffee mug for staying awake all night!!

I like the coffee mug and tote too...... was also thinking a car decal or bumper sticker??

And did anyone ever find the random gift cards that were sent?? 

beginning to wonder if they were actually any sent out lol

Sometimes I wonder if the person who received the gift card isn’t coming forward because they are getting a good laugh out of us all going crazy over needing to know. Wouldn’t that be a wonderfully evil little trick to play on everyone? [emoji15]

• Like 4

I really loved the tote bags from previous years.  Maybe an idea for next year is for those that last you could give a choice from a few items.  I know it would depend on how many are left and how many decide on certain items, but maybe that way it could be different items and allow for people to get something they might use more than others.  For example, one person might choose a phone case, while another might decide to choose a calendar.  Also allowing choosing a couple items for those who make it all year, and maybe those who might have missed a month but still want to finish out could get an item.

Overall it was a blast, and I noticed the contest entries seemed down this year, but I was curious if it was just a down year for the site overall.  I also missed the "$1,000 Shopping Spree" contest as that is my favorite besides the picture contest.  All in all it was a fun year and a pretty fun Black Friday.

• Like 3

I really loved the tote bags from previous years.  Maybe an idea for next year is for those that last you could give a choice from a few items.  I know it would depend on how many are left and how many decide on certain items, but maybe that way it could be different items and allow for people to get something they might use more than others.  For example, one person might choose a phone case, while another might decide to choose a calendar.  Also allowing choosing a couple items for those who make it all year, and maybe those who might have missed a month but still want to finish out could get an item.

Overall it was a blast, and I noticed the contest entries seemed down this year, but I was curious if it was just a down year for the site overall.  I also missed the "$1,000 Shopping Spree" contest as that is my favorite besides the picture contest.  All in all it was a fun year and a pretty fun Black Friday.

Or have the main goodie bag for people who post all 12 months... and then a runner up goodie pack for those that only miss 1 month (only speaking from experience, life gets really busy sometimes and before you know it a month is gone)

• Like 1

I know! I really missed the $1000 shopping spree too! I look forward to it every year! Actually, I think that's how I won at least 2, if not more, of my GottaDeal shirts!

• Like 2

Having multiple prize choices just makes things more difficult and time consuming, especially when this ends during the busiest time of the year for me. It's a lot easier to just pack shirts or tote bags or whatever in advance and not have to worry about quantities for each item and matching the item to each person when it comes time to put labels on, etc... Plus most customized items have minimum quantities so it's either not possible or very expensive to have just a dozen or two made of something.

As for giving prizes to people who missed a month, that's not really going with the spirit of the contest which was to make every single month. We had more than enough people that were able to do it that I don't see the need to make things easier.

And yes, giving away shirts in the club made the BF t-shirt contests less active this year and also caused their to be less of them as I ran out of shirts sooner than usual, so I don't think I'd ever do that again with shirts. So now club members can win something by posting once a month and then they can also win a shirt like everyone else.

• Like 9