GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

Thanks guys!  We're all prepped here (generator, water, etc).  Florence has turned south, good for us, bad for those now in the direct path.  We are expecting 60 mph winds and about 10" of rain where I am.  I have decided to go up to the wedding as it's not going to be as bad as expected.  My husband will stay behind with his daughter to take care of the house and cats, but we do not expect to have any issues.  We are thankfully not in an area that floods.  I'll check back in after everything passes.  :)

Yep now it is at my back door and hoping it dies down. Still need to due a few more things but the majority of my preping is completed .

• Like 1

Yep now it is at my back door and hoping it dies down. Still need to due a few more things but the majority of my preping is completed .

How did you fare?

We just had some trees down.  Another one fell last night, probably due to the soaked ground.  Thankfully my daughter's car was in the garage because where she normally parks was a tree when my husband got up on Friday!  I just want the rain to stop at this point!  lol

Edited by sas377
  • Like 4

How did you fare?

We just had some trees down.  Another one fell last night, probably due to the soaked ground.  Thankfully my daughter's car was in the garage because where she normally parks was a tree when my husband got up on Friday!  I just want the rain to stop at this point!  lol

I did okay. Not to much damage. A little roof damage and leak. A lot of trees down, but for the most part we fared a lot better than expected. A friend of mine in NC lost everything so I am thankful. 

• Like 7

I did okay. Not to much damage. A little roof damage and leak. A lot of trees down, but for the most part we fared a lot better than expected. A friend of mine in NC lost everything so I am thankful. 

My parents are without power, but no real damage so they fared well also...

• Like 6

So, for my birthday, my husband got me Star Wars 12 Days of Socks! You open one a day, like an advent calendar. But I am not waiting until Christmas, I'm opening them now!

I was so excited, and my family (especially my mama) thought I was nuts. :)

OK.  I must know where he got these!!!  I need these in my life! 

I tried to find the Harry Potter ones last year at Target and could never find them or order them.  :(

• Like 1

So, for my birthday, my husband got me Star Wars 12 Days of Socks! You open one a day, like an advent calendar. But I am not waiting until Christmas, I'm opening them now!

I never liked Star Wars growing up but now I am a junkie. Love all things SciFi, well most things as some are to far out there for me. But Star Wars is awesome

• Like 1

Just posted the first t-shirt contest.

I know all 49 of you still in the club will likely get shirts for being in the club, but feel free to continue entering the contests. You won't "officially" win a shirt from this thread until November, so you can win one sooner in the other contests during the next 2 months.

But if we win one in another contest we won't get this one?

I never liked Star Wars growing up but now I am a junkie. Love all things SciFi, well most things as some are to far out there for me. But Star Wars is awesome

I never could and still can't get into Star Wars. Heard something once that made me laugh. Someone was talking about how awesome it was and the other person looks at them and says you realize Star Wars is just a space soap opera don't you. Told it to a friend who is all into it and he was like NO IT ISN'T it's about blah blah blah and I was like ya I think they did that same think on earth last week on Days Of Ours Lives. :sidesplit

• Like 4

I'd love to know where he found those! I'm not a Star Wars fan but I know a couple people who would love them!

The socks came from Amazon, of course! AND they have kids sizes too. I'll be getting those for my grandson.

The ones I have are women's, yesterday's were pink BB-8! But I'm pretty positive they also have men's.

I've always liked Star Wars. I'm not a huge junkie, but I do like it. Daddy took me to see the very first one when I was about 4 or 5. In the 4th grade, I had an Empire Strikes Back lunchbox. :)

One of my 3 kids likes it. The others are "meh".

• Like 2

I never could and still can't get into Star Wars. Heard something once that made me laugh. Someone was talking about how awesome it was and the other person looks at them and says you realize Star Wars is just a space soap opera don't you. Told it to a friend who is all into it and he was like NO IT ISN'T it's about blah blah blah and I was like ya I think they did that same think on earth last week on Days Of Ours Lives. :sidesplit

Wah ha ha!!!!!

Well I guess that explains my love for all thing Star Wars (at the least the original 3) since I was addicted to soap operas as a kid/teen, Days of Our Lives being #1 on my list.  I wanted to marry Bo Brady.  :)

Victor Kiriakis in his best Vader voice...….."Bo, I am your father"  

• Like 3

I suggest you give the James Bond movies a ride.  When I was a kid, I was not impressed with the violence or technology and the sexual innuendo went right over my head.  One year my kids went nuts over Spike TV's 007 Days of Christmas.  I was still underwhelmed with the violence and technology, but I really enjoyed the innuendo.  We got my oldest son some of the books.  I was shocked at how PG they weren't.  He's 25 now and I think I am ready to give him the books.

• Like 4

I suggest you give the James Bond movies a ride.  When I was a kid, I was not impressed with the violence or technology and the sexual innuendo went right over my head.  One year my kids went nuts over Spike TV's 007 Days of Christmas.  I was still underwhelmed with the violence and technology, but I really enjoyed the innuendo.  We got my oldest son some of the books.  I was shocked at how PG they weren't.  He's 25 now and I think I am ready to give him the books.

I've seen every James Bond movie multiple times.

I'm a spy type movie person, love action films. Later 007 movies are less about women he can conquest.

• Like 1

LOL....You are crazy....

• Like 2

The socks came from Amazon, of course! AND they have kids sizes too. I'll be getting those for my grandson.

The ones I have are women's, yesterday's were pink BB-8! But I'm pretty positive they also have men's.

I've always liked Star Wars. I'm not a huge junkie, but I do like it. Daddy took me to see the very first one when I was about 4 or 5. In the 4th grade, I had an Empire Strikes Back lunchbox. :)

One of my 3 kids likes it. The others are "meh".

My DD will not watch it for 5 minutes...well thats most of the stuff I watch they dont really care for, unless it is a doctor show and they think the guy is cute.... go figure. 

• Like 2

Are you sure? I mean studies show that the brain does not fully mature until 25, he could be a late bloomer ;)

I've seen every James Bond movie multiple times.

I'm a spy type movie person, love action films. Later 007 movies are less about women he can conquest.

I personally would rather watch the Bourne movies.

ROFL   I do not get into Star Wars either.....and I couldn't even tell you what soap operas are on tv. 

• Like 1

I was the same way but love the James Bond movies now. I liked the ones with Sean Connery the best 

Are you sure? I mean studies show that the brain does not fully mature until 25, he could be a late bloomer ;)

I personally would rather watch the Bourne movies.

ROFL   I do not get into Star Wars either.....and I couldn't even tell you what soap operas are on tv. 

Loved the Bourne movies when they first came out, then to me they went down hill. Still watched them all but the first 2 were the best. 

• Like 2

No, no, no... Star Trek is the soap opera. Star Wars is Dukes of Hazard in outer space. :P

• Like 7

It actually felt like Autumn today!!! 65 today, into the 50s tonight. Back to 80 by Saturday but then it's supposed to go back down!

I spent the day switching my son's summer clothes out for fall/winter. I tried to not overbuy but he ended up with six pairs of overalls. Need to do mine tomorrow after church.

It actually felt like Autumn today!!! 65 today, into the 50s tonight. Back to 80 by Saturday but then it's supposed to go back down!

I spent the day switching my son's summer clothes out for fall/winter. I tried to not overbuy but he ended up with six pairs of overalls. Need to do mine tomorrow after church.

lucky!!! we had a high of 92 yesterday, in the 90's all week

Just got back from a conference in Colorado Springs!  I took my wife and on the first day she told me that I needed to find a job up there!  lol.  It is a very nice area.  We drove around Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, and 7 Falls.  I had too much "work" to do and we didn't get to see more stuff.  Wife wants to visit during the winter as a "real" vacation. 

• Like 4

Just got back from a conference in Colorado Springs! I took my wife and on the first day she told me that I needed to find a job up there! lol. It is a very nice area. We drove around Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, and 7 Falls. I had too much "work" to do and we didn't get to see more stuff. Wife wants to visit during the winter as a "real" vacation.

I was in Colorado last week too. Went from Colorado Springs to Denver to Vail. Saw a show at Red Rocks. It was a great trip.

• Like 1