White elephant gift exchange

nicole20

I host Christmas at my house every year. Since there are so many adults and to keep things simple we do a white elephant, also known as dirty Santa gift exchange. What are some good gifts that you have given or have received playing this game at Christmas. Also looking for some other fun things to do this year that are different so tell me what fun games does your family play on Christmas?

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

Do you have a price limit?  And, do you play for gag gifts or real gifts?  We do dirty Santa, but the "dirty" part is in the taking stuff away from each other.  It's fun to try to find the perfect gift, that people are going to fight over.

Do you have a price limit? And, do you play for gag gifts or real gifts? We do dirty Santa, but the "dirty" part is in the taking stuff away from each other. It's fun to try to find the perfect gift, that people are going to fight over.

That's how our family does it too! But no one ever wants to take from anyone so it's not as fun as it could be.

• Like 1

Do you have a price limit? And, do you play for gag gifts or real gifts? We do dirty Santa, but the "dirty" part is in the taking stuff away from each other. It's fun to try to find the perfect gift, that people are going to fight over.

We do real gifts where you steal them from another. And the price limit is about 25-30 dollars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

We do one for my DH's work party. It is a $10 new gift per person and the dirty part is being able to steal. Some of the items from previous years were fast food or coffee gc, scratch off tickets, candy, alcohol, coffee and beer mugs, and dvds and cds. Last year the men were all stealing a remote control truck from each other and the women were going for a Godiva mug filled with cocoa and candy
  • Like 1

Dirty Santa:  gift cards, kitchen gadgets, candy dish filled with candy, small superhero/Star Wars toys, small lego set, holiday scented candle, bath gift basket, movie night gift basket, scratch offs, something from the "As Seen on TV" aisle, one of those Science DIY toy kits.  As a grown woman, I'd be happy to get a toy!  :)

My cousins, their children, myself and my sister played the Saran Wrap ball game last Christmas.  It was super fun and can be done with all ages.    

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We do a sock exchange. You'll be amazed at how many funny and dirty socks are out there. We put them in Christmas stockings so you get 2 gifts in 1. We have such a blast with this.

I've also given gift cards, lottery scratch offs, mini alcohol, and batteries for white elephant games.

• Like 1

We also do the Saran Wrap ball! It's pretty much an all occasion game at our house- birthday/graduation/any holiday lol.   It's always a hit. 

what is that? how do you play? my kids are getting old and married and interested in something fun to do with them

what is that? how do you play? my kids are getting old and married and interested in something fun to do with them

We played with all the kids one year.  You wrap several small gifts (candy, money, whatever) in different layers in a big saran wrap ball. One person has the ball, while the person to their left rolls 2 dice. The person with the ball has until the dice person rolls doubles, to try to unwrap the saran wrap and get to the prizes. When we played, the kids had to wear gloves (maybe oven mitts, I'm not sure), which made it that much harder to unwrap.  It got really loud, but the kids had a blast with it. There are several YouTube videos if you want to check it out.  Here's one: https://youtu.be/nB1AoZIwPjA

• Like 2

We played with all the kids one year.  You wrap several small gifts (candy, money, whatever) in different layers in a big saran wrap ball. One person has the ball, while the person to their left rolls 2 dice. The person with the ball has until the dice person rolls doubles, to try to unwrap the saran wrap and get to the prizes. When we played, the kids had to wear gloves (maybe oven mitts, I'm not sure), which made it that much harder to unwrap.  It got really loud, but the kids had a blast with it. There are several YouTube videos if you want to check it out.  Here's one: https://youtu.be/nB1AoZIwPjA

And we put a "grand prize" in the middle, usually a $15 gift card of some sort. I won it last year (iTunes) and the littles were not at all happy with me! Lol. Good times.

• Like 3

we played the present in present game last year. we actually do a coin toss gift card ,, everyone brings a gift card we put them in a board.. and toss a coin into little cups in front of it.. 

my brother made a plingo board and has the kids roll a puck down it and what ever $ domination it lands in is hes gift to them.

• 2 months later...