Secret Santa 2017 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

I received a surprise gift from JenDeere.  Some fuzzy socks, a Christmas movie collection, and a hot cocoa mug set.  I wasn't sure what they had for me to pick up at the post office, as I wasn't expecting anything.  I loved it, and I am so so appreciative! Thank you!!

Thank you for all you do!

• Like 1

I've had a terribly busy weekend and came home to an unexpected, unnecessary but so thoughtful surprise from my Secret Santa last night.  In addition to the Wonder Woman goodies I received earlier I had another package full of goodies......a snowman wall hanging, snowman ornament, note pad, and candy!  Thank you so very much for the gifts.  I love them all!!   

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i371/CastleFan40/IMG_1821_zpsjv8knkhg.jpg

• Like 4

RE:  new questions.  

Over the weekend I watched a piece on the news on gift giving.  And it was talking about how many gifts are returned, and how people feel obliged to gift something  but the receiver is often  exchanging or returning it because the gift missed the mark.  Of course the stores have to deal with all the returns etc.  The bottom line of the news piece was to simply ask people directly want they want.    So maybe a question like:  (Since I think we all have a Target nearby)  "If you can't think of gift, if I were to spend $10 on one item for myself at Target, I would buy myself  _________."

• Like 4

Housekeeping items:

According to tracking #s, we have the last one out for delivery today.  

We do have 1 that was apparently lost in the mail  :gdcensored: .  She has the tracking # and will be going to her post office today. Hopefully they get it resolved, but if they don't we'll make it right for her.

There are a couple ornament recipients that have not posted they received, but the tracking #s show they were delivered.  I hope they got them.

Housekeeping items:

According to tracking #s, we have the last one out for delivery today.  

We do have 1 that was apparently lost in the mail  :gdcensored: .  She has the tracking # and will be going to her post office today. Hopefully they get it resolved, but if they don't we'll make it right for her.

There are a couple ornament recipients that have not posted they received, but the tracking #s show they were delivered.  I hope they got them.

So frustrating when something goes missing in the mail...

I think I had a package get lost as well (not GD related), so I'm following up with the guy I ordered it from to see if he actually shipped it yet (he's a racer on a shoestring budget and always very busy - not going to yell at the postal service yet unless he confirms he's had the chance to actually ship). 

• Like 2

I'm feeling awful that someone didn't get their gift because it was delivered to the wrong PO Box.  If she'd had the tracking # a week ago, I could have still made sure she got something by Christmas.

Do y'all think it would be a good idea to pass the tracking #s along to the recipients as they come in?  

• Like 1

My postmaster rocks... He got the package and had it ready for me :) I love everything in the box!! Thank you thank you thank you! I'm on my phone right now and can't figure out how to post a picture.

Jennifer

My postmaster rocks... He got the package and had it ready for me :) I love everything in the box!! Thank you thank you thank you! I'm on my phone right now and can't figure out how to post a picture.

Jennifer

• Like 5

Jennifer

I am so glad he was able to get it back from the other box holder!

• Like 2

CHECK IN TIME!!

I got home late last night --  after spending the day with mom and then taking her out to look at holiday lights  (At least until our bladders could not stand it any more and we had to head home! :gd_stars:)   And low and behold!  There in my mailbox was the package locked box key!  And there was my secret santa package!  And then began laughing out loud!  (Not good on a full bladder you know!)

Thank you very much JesusLuvU!!  I am sure that whatever it is will be very thoughtful and great!   Like you,  I am going to hold off until Christmas to open it.  I hope you like what I got you this year too.

:: shaking head at Bopeep::  Bopeep.....Bopeep...Bopeep!  You must have been giggling all month ---- knowing that the two of us pulled each others names.  I don't know whether to hug you or send Chester the clumsy reindeer (from The Santa Clause 3) to come visit you!!!

JesusLuvU -- I am sorry you have had so much trouble just trying to get that package to me.  Thank you so much for you efforts!  Don't sweat it.  Your effort speaks volumes to me and I appreciate it even more than the gift.  May you and your family enjoy a wonderful Christmas and may God bless you all in this coming year!

• Like 5

i opened my secret santa today ..thank you Secret santa!.. and what a cute idea.. i received a rose made from a book.. never heard of such a thing! and now wish i opened it earlier so i could have looked these up, and made the map ones for someone who made a whole room with globe decor! but i will make them for him for some other occasion..;)    here is directions on how to make them ourselves!!  http://www.instructables.com/id/Book-Page-Roses/ 

.. i also received a candle that smells like paper back books?? who would of thought there is a scent for them? to bad i cant share a scent with you all!

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMA

• Like 3

So I opened my box this morning and found everything nicely wrapped inside. When I unwrapped everything, I found many fun things. Everything from yummy hand lotion to a beautiful journal & pen set to treats for my kitties (and a whole tin of peppermint goodies for me) and so much more! Thank you tracy0504, from me and my kitties! :)f96e8dba0ca63482bbd1159cba2a2b74.jpge8364bf75e0781a06ff74d2f6c15783a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 4

So I opened my box this morning and found everything nicely wrapped inside. When I unwrapped everything, I found many fun things. Everything from yummy hand lotion to a beautiful journal & pen set to treats for my kitties (and a whole tin of peppermint goodies for me) and so much more! Thank you tracy0504, from me and my kitties! :)f96e8dba0ca63482bbd1159cba2a2b74.jpge8364bf75e0781a06ff74d2f6c15783a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

You're welcome!!!! I hope you enjoy it all!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

• Like 2

Wanted to thank my Secret Santa for all the wonderful gifts. I had previously posted a picture of everything that came, but waited till yesterday to open the wrapped ones. I love everything, you did an awesome job!

0b4596ec890215c3dcb3756e10bde15f.jpg

Edited by Kash
  • Like 4

So sorry I'm late.  My kids had to borrow my computer for a few days so I couldn't get the lists posted :).

Here is the Secret Santa list:

Gatorburg --> BethEd

ILikeFree --> HanShotFirst

LainieB --> StevieRocks

Sunni0913 --> cjdav

Kash --> nafcmf

Coastiwife --> Pepper_Mint_Tea

StevieRocks --> YtMomOf4

nafcmf --> JenDeere

Shopping4My3Son --> Tracy0504

cjdav --> Coastiwife

Pepper_Mint_Tea --> Sunni0913

totallyBF --> LainieB

HillBillysWife --> RacerFan

HanShotFirst --> BoPeep

QueenKishaa --> Shopping4My3Son

Ytmomof4 --> Reinholt1sMom

IllinoisMom --> MsYves

MsYves --> Jenn_A

Jenn_A --> QueenKishaa

Spice9195 --> BFAddict716

BFAddict --> IllinoisMom

Wittenlover --> Kash

WillandMel --> Spice9195

JenDeere --> WillandMel

Reinholt1 --> JesusLuvU

Reinholt1sMom -- > ILikeFree

Tracy0504 --> WittenLover

JesusLuvU --> Reinholt1

BoPeep --> totallyBF

BethEd --> HillBillysWife

RacerFan --> Gatorburg

• Like 5

And the ornament exchange:

Sunni0913 --> JenDeere

Coastiwife --> Shopping4My3Son

nafcmf --> Coastiwife

BoPeep --> LilQuiet

Shopping4My3Son --> BoPeep

Mandy4Matt --> JesusLuvU

JesusLuvU --> HillBillysWife

HillBillysWife --> WillAndMel

LilQuiet --> BethEd

BFAddict716 --> Mandy4Matt

WillAndMel --> RacerFan

JenDeere --> BFAddict76

BethEd --> nafcmf

RacerFan --> Sunni0913

Thank you all for a wonderful, fun season!  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

• Like 3

So sorry I'm late. My kids had to borrow my computer for a few days so I couldn't get the lists posted :).

Here is the Secret Santa list:

Gatorburg --> BethEd

ILikeFree --> HanShotFirst

LainieB --> StevieRocks

Sunni0913 --> cjdav

Kash --> nafcmf

Coastiwife --> Pepper_Mint_Tea

StevieRocks --> YtMomOf4

nafcmf --> JenDeere

Shopping4My3Son --> Tracy0504

cjdav --> Coastiwife

Pepper_Mint_Tea --> Sunni0913