Delivery Mistakes

Pnambic

Anyone else having trouble with their online orders or deliveries?

I ordered several gaming chairs from Kohls for in-store pickup the Wed before Thanksgiving.  Went and picked them up Friday night.  Super nice people, great experience.  They even helped bring them out to the car for me.  Then two days ago, I got an email that said they were sorry that I didn't pick up my order and they had cancelled it and refunded my account and that they hoped I would be doing business with them again sometime soon.  But I have the items.  Now I need try to figure this out as it feels like stealing to me.

Then today, I was expecting two 24" monitors from Best Buy.  The dog starts barking at the door about 1:00 and when I get there, I watch the UPS truck drive off, having left two 43" Sharp Smart HDTV's on my doorstep.  I checked the delivery tags to see if they were maybe intended for one of my neighbors, but the tags clearly say my name and list the 24" monitors I bought.  Best Buy currently has an hour hold time on their customer service line.

That's $1000 in regular priced merchandise I've been given incorrectly this year.  This hasn't happened to me before, and from two different stores.  

Maybe I should start ordering some jewelry or something...Powerball/MegaMillions, here I come!

• Like 3

Wow that's crazy. When stuff happens to me it's usually not in a good way. Yesterday the delivery guy supposedly tried to deliver something (he came to the house) but there was no knock or doorbell or any such thing and it's something they wanted me to sign for. Today I was supposed to have a TV delivered from BB but so far it still shows it's sitting at UPS.

Other times I get broken things, I am famous for I can order 5 of something give 4 to the people I bought them for and the 5th one is mine and it will turn out to be bad. I used to have a small computer store and this would happen ALL the time to me. One of my suppliers used to razz me about it we would drop off product and ask which was for me so he could just replace it right away.

If you're luck holds out on this you definitely should play powerball :)

Not even a thank you from Best Buy.  Just a reshipment of my original order, to be delivered on a day that I won't be home which they apparently can't change, and some return slips in the mail to reship the TV's back to them.  My effort, on my time.  No points.  No coupon codes.  No price adjustment for the trouble of the 30 minutes spent on the call to help them straighten out the mistake they made in my favor which they didn't even know about.  No good deed goes unpunished indeed.  Even when I asked (always politely) to speak to a manager as I expected the first line person probably couldn't do any compensation, the "manager" never even said thank you.

Very poor customer service Best Buy.

Very disappointed.

Just keep the TV's at the monitor price.  Sell one to a friend for the price of a monitor.  They don't seem to care about the product being wrong.

Kohl's you did everything correct, make sure they don't bill you later.

You paid for the monitors and got TV's.  Just keep the next set and sell one to recover the difference.  Merry Xmas from Bestbuy. LOL.

I've had tons of things mis-shipped, delivered to the wrong address.  People make mistakes but it doesn't sound like either one care about it.  Find a friend to be there at house for monitors.  TV's are big enough items alone, without shipping them.

Things happen during shipment, broken and otherwise.  But if they don't care about the products, I wouldn't care about returns.  Pay for extra monitors, LOL.

Edited by hack2222

Not even a thank you from Best Buy.  Just a reshipment of my original order, to be delivered on a day that I won't be home which they apparently can't change, and some return slips in the mail to reship the TV's back to them.  My effort, on my time.  No points.  No coupon codes.  No price adjustment for the trouble of the 30 minutes spent on the call to help them straighten out the mistake they made in my favor which they didn't even know about.  No good deed goes unpunished indeed.  Even when I asked (always politely) to speak to a manager as I expected the first line person probably couldn't do any compensation, the "manager" never even said thank you.

Very poor customer service Best Buy.

Very disappointed.

I just read an article yesterday about this happening, and how when/if it should happen, you are not legally bound to return the item/s that were shipped to you in error.  Knowing that, I'd have probably kept them, LOL...

Years ago Kohl's shipped 2 Smart Cycles to me. I only ordered one. I think I've had that happen with bedding from Kohl's also.

This year things are not showing up on the delivery date. Lots of late items.

Kohl's is the worst with this.  3 times I've had stuff show up in my order that was NOT what I ordered.  I also got what I ordered, but there'd be an extra shirt or two, or something like that in there.  I always took them back, because I didn't have any use for them, and to me, it was the right thing to do...

• Like 1

I got a package from an amazon seller which was nearly destroyed in transit.  Not sure how the inner box survived unscathed, but glad it did.  Amazon just sent me tracking information for the item saying I can expect it next week.

Best Buy is only holding things for two days, so I have spent too much time visiting their stores.  They have no way to give you product off the shelf while your ship to store is in progress.  Given their inventory woes a couple years back, I get this, but it is a PITA.

That really sucks man, but at least you know you're an honest person and tried to do the right thing.

Maybe you should call them back and tell them you think you will just keep what they sent you since they must have meant to do this and no one really seems to care there.

I would return regardless if I was required or not.  

I'm a procrastinator when it comes to opening packages.  One year on Christmas Eve, my husband and started to wrap presents after we got the kids to bed.  He opened a box from Amazon, and he said, "I didn't know you got the kids an Xbox."  I didn't.  We looked on the box and it was delivered to the wrong address.   Oops!  My husband took it took it over to the house that night - they weren't too happy!  

Well, it's one thing for the retailer to send you the wrong/extra products, and another for the delivery service to drop it off at the wrong address. One case is entirely the retailer's fault and the shipping snafu is caused by 3rd party and you'll want to make sure the person expecting that package gets what they should.

Yes, I had several items cancelled but will go to the store to see if they will honor the black friday prices for the same item in store. You situation is crazy ... but I always try to be honest but most of the time when I call they have an attitude like I did something wrong. I would call them up and see how they want to handle the situation and go from there. 

Well, it's one thing for the retailer to send you the wrong/extra products, and another for the delivery service to drop it off at the wrong address. One case is entirely the retailer's fault and the shipping snafu is caused by 3rd party and you'll want to make sure the person expecting that package gets what they should.

There's an obvious difference - never said my situation was in any way comparable.  Just relaying a story.  :)

Regardless if it was a postal error or retail, how would handle it the same. 

So far I am dealing with :

Ulta orders. Made one order...the sent it ups/ usps smartpost. Undeliverable and returned back to Ulta. The told me to place a second order which I did, but this time I decided to have it shipped to my office. Ups and usps delivers boxes daily, it is an elementary school. USPS delivered on a Saturday to a neighboring house. $ money from first order has been refunded...2 no order they have issued a store credit for part of the amount?

Bon-ton : missing half my order

Walmart:.... tires showing delivered ....in the wrong state! They said they would resend themd I would receive a new order confirmation with 30 minutes.....it has been 9 hours

Walmart.....several orders split up and shipped various methods.....won't be deliverable with the shipping address due to it being rural area! Ugh!

We've not gotten a Kindle we ordered. It was delivered to a business. We also haven't been charged (that we see) for a tv that arrived from a WalMart.com order. Strange things have been happening delivery wise so far this season.
  • Like 1

So far I am dealing with :

Ulta orders. Made one order...the sent it ups/ usps smartpost. Undeliverable and returned back to Ulta. The told me to place a second order which I did, but this time I decided to have it shipped to my office. Ups and usps delivers boxes daily, it is an elementary school. USPS delivered on a Saturday to a neighboring house. $ money from first order has been refunded...2 no order they have issued a store credit for part of the amount?

Bon-ton : missing half my order

Walmart:.... tires showing delivered ....in the wrong state! They said they would resend themd I would receive a new order confirmation with 30 minutes.....it has been 9 hours

Walmart.....several orders split up and shipped various methods.....won't be deliverable with the shipping address due to it being rural area! Ugh!

OUCH not a good experience this year I would say.

Target sent me two wireless headphones.... (both in one box).  Called and they said to return it to the store, which I did.

Kohls sent me a checked suitcase when I ordered a blue one.  Called, and they redid the order... just got the new one... you guessed it, another checked one.  UGH.  I really want the blue.  

A couple years back, I bought a couple 40" televisions from BB.com.  Both had stuck pixels and I called for a replacement.  Best Buy sent two new sets and instructed me to return the sets to my local store.  Local store would recycle but could not return the sets because they did not sell the model.  They would not give me a receipt.  The woman told me to just keep the televisions.  So, I contacted BB.com again and they sent an RMA for one set.  Then they sent me an RMA.  Finally, by mid January, I was able to return the two defective sets.  Then they credited me for one of the sets.  I decided I had earned the $220 and kept it.

• Like 1

Target sent me two wireless headphones.... (both in one box).  Called and they said to return it to the store, which I did.

Kohls sent me a checked suitcase when I ordered a blue one.  Called, and they redid the order... just got the new one... you guessed it, another checked one.  UGH.  I really want the blue.  

I bet the sku or upc number is wrong somewhere for the luggage

I got a package from an amazon seller which was nearly destroyed in transit.  Not sure how the inner box survived unscathed, but glad it did.  Amazon just sent me tracking information for the item saying I can expect it next week.

Best Buy is only holding things for two days, so I have spent too much time visiting their stores.  They have no way to give you product off the shelf while your ship to store is in progress.  Given their inventory woes a couple years back, I get this, but it is a PITA.

Last week a package my daughter order off Amazon said delivered.  We checked the box and it was not there and there was no slip.  She went to the local PO and they didn't have it there.  I had been home the whole day so I knew they didn't come up to the house.  I called the post office distribution center and she brought up the tracking number and then she brought up google map when the tracking was scanned and then called the carrier.  An hour later the carrier brought it to us.  She had put it in a wrong box and went up and down the street looking in every box.  I was impressed they went the extra mile.

• Like 2

Wish FedEx had been that nice to me.   Waited all day for a package that was on truck from 5:42 am.  No knock, nothing, then suddenly at 9:00pm a "security exception" text message.  Those are supposed to mean a gated community or construction or dog on the porch.  I have none of those and FedEx has delivered to my home in my neighborhood since 1991.   Called and complained.  Was told that it would be delivered the next day.  Never scanned out of the building on the next day, so at 8pm, on the way home from shopping, went to the FedEx office and asked where it was.  Package was supposedly on a truck but had not been scanned, but after 30 minutes on the phone by the Customer Rep, I was sent to their depot in the same building complex (dark, poor signage, no guard in the guard shack) to "find" the package.   30 more minutes later, it mysteriously was located and I was able to sign for it.   Ugh.  I'd even take their crappy SmartPost over that.

Wish FedEx had been that nice to me.   Waited all day for a package that was on truck from 5:42 am.  No knock, nothing, then suddenly at 9:00pm a "security exception" text message.  Those are supposed to mean a gated community or construction or dog on the porch.  I have none of those and FedEx has delivered to my home in my neighborhood since 1991.   Called and complained.  Was told that it would be delivered the next day.  Never scanned out of the building on the next day, so at 8pm, on the way home from shopping, went to the FedEx office and asked where it was.  Package was supposedly on a truck but had not been scanned, but after 30 minutes on the phone by the Customer Rep, I was sent to their depot in the same building complex (dark, poor signage, no guard in the guard shack) to "find" the package.   30 more minutes later, it mysteriously was located and I was able to sign for it.   Ugh.  I'd even take their crappy SmartPost over that.

UPS showed up at my house last night at 10:21pm. We were all in bed, some asleep.  They gave a window of 3:15pm to 7pm  Of course that is ok  They come when they want to.  Heaven forbid I am not home, they won't leave the package. I try my best not to use them.  I use my PO Box for items now.

UPS showed up at my house last night at 10:21pm. We were all in bed, some asleep.  They gave a window of 3:15pm to 7pm  Of course that is ok  They come when they want to.  Heaven forbid I am not home, they won't leave the package. I try my best not to use them.  I use my PO Box for items now.

That is insanely late!!!  I've had them come around 9pm before. I'm usually on full watch of my expected packages from UPS so I know when they are supposed to be here on a particular day and just watch out for them.

That is insanely late!!! I've had them come around 9pm before. I'm usually on full watch of my expected packages from UPS so I know when they are supposed to be here on a particular day and just watch out for them.

My "scheduled time was 3:15 to 7pm"

They never come when the are supposed to.

I try not to have anything be delivered to my house. I use my PO Box just because I cannot stand UPS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GottaDeal mobile app

• 2 weeks later...