Hoverboard advice and recommendations, please

chester5

How well are you insured?  Home/Renters as well as Health?  ;)

Ravenseye chimed in with some good professional experience here:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/267813-anyone-buying-a-hoover-board-this-year/?do=findComment&comment=1334064

In the end, it depends.  How coordinated is your 13 yr old?  Some will take to it like a fish to water.  Others will fall on their face over and over.

Regardless, make sure to have the video camera ready as those videos are a hit on YouTube and could help offset possible medical expenses. 

• Like 1

Convince me, please, that a hoverboard is a good gift for a 13 year old girl.  Are they safe?  What is a good price/deal (online)?

Thank you!!!

Kris

I'm not going to try to convince you of any such thing. LOL.  I have said before I am SO glad my kids were grown before these became a thing.  Having said that, my youngest son was always into skateboards, rip sticks, that kind of thing.  If he had wanted one of these, and I'd had the means, I probably would have gotten it for him.  No, they aren't "safe". But that's a relative term.  At least they aren't riding these things down handrails or trying to jump concrete borders (yet!).  Good luck, and let us know how it goes! :)

I heard that swagtron is pretty good. There is a certain certification for the battery to look for, it's ul2272 I believe. Swagtron will be $199 at toys r us. Razor has made one also... I believe somewhere will have it for $299. Hope this helps alittle