Printed ads in the papers? Earlier this year?

dakotadenise

I always used to pick up the Thursday paper on the way to Thanksgiving dinner and it would have all the black friday ads and we would pass them around after eating and make lists (even though I'd seen them all here first, its fun to have the actual ad).     Do you think they will be sent out earlier this year due to most stores opening Thursday?   Should I start buying papers on Monday or Tuesday just to be sure?  

The last year or two I've noticed the websites or social media of the newspapers have given a heads up on which paper the Black Friday ads will be in.  I've seen them in papers here from Sunday up to Thanksgiving, so you might want to ask them directly when they will be out.

My parents' get all of the ads in the Wednesday ad - even before stores opened on Thanksgiving - since they live in a rural area and don't have mail delivery on holidays. In town, I noticed last year they were spread over Wednesday and Thursday.

Seems everyone can find them different days depending on their location. Mine come out on Thursday... I have always had to leave the line for about 30 minutes to get it, and often buy a few extras for my family and others on line to check out. I finalize most of my shopping by the weekend, so the only real way for me is GottaDeal.com :-)

Woke up at 6am and figured I might as well go out and grab a paper to see what ads were in it today. Nothing. They hadn't shown up yet. Went to several stores with the same results. Most say they show up when they feel like it. No wonder no one buys newspapers anymore.

Three hours later and still nothing. Pathetic.

Our newspaper company will deliver our big paper tomorrow but today they posted on Facebook if we want one they are ready. Just have to go to them, pay, and pick it up. What's the point of delivery? If I pay for it today I'll still get tomorrow delivered.

They usually have the ads a week in advance, i remember delivering papers years ago back before the ads got leaked by the retailers themselves, i could show up a couple weeks before thanksgiving and sitting there on my prep station would be all my ads for my thanksgiving delivery, they always told us not to touch them but we always would open one up and take it home, nothing like seeing the actual print ad before it was released. back then some of the leaked ads came like that from newspaper carriers who would "steal" a batch of the ads from their route when they were stocked