Hot item: Nintendo NES Classic - anyone order one today?

Brad

Electronics Guy I spoke to at Target about an hour ago informed me that Target will be getting another small shipment at each store this Sunday. So If your still in need, may be a shot to call and speak to your local Target's electronics department

Unfortunately you will be in line with a bunch of people wanting Hatchimals. They are supposed to be getting major shipments of them and selling tomorrow. I looked at brickseek and all of my local Targets are showing big Hatchimal inventory even after opening. I guess they are holding them for tomorrow.

Tap'd from my 7+

I will wait till they are in the bargain bin at Big Lots lol. I think it's cool, used to like the games and all but I don't see a lot of time in front of this thing. Especially to pay the prices people are asking. When I can have a limited NES Classic or a full blown console for the same price the decision becomes easy :)

gamestop online has the collectible edition right now!

$167.99 bundle with the extension cord

http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-nes-classic-legendary-edition/139576

$152.99 bundle without the extension cord

http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-nes-classic-playing-with-power-edition/139577

Sigh....all I need is the system and maybe an extra controller. The price is waaaay to much. :(

$167.99 bundle with the extension cord

http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-nes-classic-legendary-edition/139576

$152.99 bundle without the extension cord

http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-nes-classic-playing-with-power-edition/139577

Sigh....all I need is the system and maybe an extra controller. The price is waaaay to much. :(

I don't understand how Nintendo can make a "classic" when they don't have enough of the regular systems.

Supply and demand.  Keep the supply limited to drive up demand.

I think this is Nintendo's primary business philosophy. 

Although, to be honest, I'm kinda surprised at the rate these things are selling.  I suspect there will be a TON of these at Gamestop in the used pile a month after Christmas.  

Come on people, most if not all of these games are 20 - 30 years old, maybe older.  They're not going to hold the attention of kids these days past the initial novelty.  If there had been any other really cool game system released (like a Nintendo Switch, or a PS5 or a XBox3840), I don't think we'd be talking about this more than just a cool gift for us old people to reminisce over.  But since the really cool new stuff is really expensive VR that not everyone can afford, this is kinda filling that void.

Do I sound fickle, or what?

• Like 3

I need one for my nephew. I got one for DH on release day at bestbuy and they had a really organized system. They had 20 and as people got in line they came out with tickets. You didn't have to stay in line after you got your ticket. Just had to be back by 11:00 am to get it or they sold it.

Got to Bestbuy this morning 3 hours early and then line was 50+ long! The first 5 were tents so no telling how many in there. I give up...... :(

So sorry you didn't get it! Our Bestbuy wasn't too bad. Got there at 5 am and I was number 20. They only had 24 though. They waited until 7:45 to give out tickets so there was a lot of unhappy people. One of the women in line had a relative call her and they said the BB they were at had 50 of them.

Edited by Kim3498

I arrived at 4:30. Was #18 in line. They had 27. My aunt was 11 behind me. She didn't get a ticket. BUT there are still good people in the world. I made friends with a lady and her boyfriend in front of me. She said she was only getting one. When the tickets came out, her boyfriend took one too. As they ran to their car I stopped them and asked how much he'd sell it for. We'd be willing to give him $20 or $30 for it. He handed it over no questions asked and said Merry Christmas. Edited by Peppermint
  • Like 3