Serious question regarding service dog on Black Friday (UPDATE)

Illinoismom

So we looked at things different this year, Did most of the big items and they really were not big items on line, The 55 inch TV for work bought on line at walmart along with some TV box sets and the wall mount. Bought the 19.00 printer on line at Best Buy and some movies. We left the house @ 3:30 pm headed to Penney's missed the made dash and  the coupon off they offered but it was okay, Then we went to Gordmans for their opening it was not do bad and my daughter and her dog did great. Then to Yonkers's Had to have those boots. Next we did go to Walmart about 1 after opening and got a few things that were left, Kept her out of electronics as that was packed her and my other daughter went to the movies at the other end of the store as the rush was over. We then went to Target, and back to another Walmart were I got the 39.00 heater. So all in all it was uneventful no problems and she had a great time as she has always had. The only problem she is has was the women who gave her a hard time because she wouldn't let her pet Phoebe. 

Thanks for all the advice 

So glad it all worked out well  for you and your daughter. I can understand someone that doesn't understand that they shouldn't pet a working dog when they look at it as a pet, but ask them if they would try to pet a police dog. I'm sure it was all a matter of them not understanding the dog was more than just a pet and was a working dog.

So we looked at things different this year, Did most of the big items and they really were not big items on line, The 55 inch TV for work bought on line at walmart along with some TV box sets and the wall mount. Bought the 19.00 printer on line at Best Buy and some movies. We left the house @ 3:30 pm headed to Penney's missed the made dash and the coupon off they offered but it was okay, Then we went to Gordmans for their opening it was not do bad and my daughter and her dog did great. Then to Yonkers's Had to have those boots. Next we did go to Walmart about 1 after opening and got a few things that were left, Kept her out of electronics as that was packed her and my other daughter went to the movies at the other end of the store as the rush was over. We then went to Target, and back to another Walmart were I got the 39.00 heater. So all in all it was uneventful no problems and she had a great time as she has always had. The only problem she is has was the women who gave her a hard time because she wouldn't let her pet Phoebe.

Thanks for all the advice

So happy your daughter was able to participate and enjoy herself!!!! Inspite of the woman who wanted to pet her service dog...

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDeal mobile app

The only problem she is has was the women who gave her a hard time because she wouldn't let her pet Phoebe. 

Glad she got to experience it and enjoy it overall. Sorry she had to deal with those women. People seem to have REAL trouble understanding that service animals have very serious jobs to do and shouldn't be distracted. Other people just think they have a right to pet ANY animal. I can't count the number of times people have NOT listened and NEARLY been bitten by Bella.

Awesome news!  Glad it all worked out really well!

For the record, if someone wanted to rub my belly or scratch me on the head or back, at work or anywhere else, I'd probably let them.   :D

At first, I'd be nice, and then I'd be all "look, the dog is working right now. Do I ask to pet you while you're working?"

I think the issue is she doesn't have a disability that can be seen by the naked eye. Therefor they do not believe she is a service dog, Although she wears a vest that states it and her ID tag along with it. With the availability to buy the vest on line it makes it harder for true service animals. But we will take the nasty looks and the skepticism from every one to keep my daughter safe and mobile.   

I think the issue is she doesn't have a disability that can be seen by the naked eye. Therefor they do not believe she is a service dog, Although she wears a vest that states it and her ID tag along with it. With the availability to buy the vest on line it makes it harder for true service animals. But we will take the nasty looks and the skepticism from every one to keep my daughter safe and mobile.   

But gramps used to say opinions are like butt's everyone has them and most of them stink. :)

I don't live me life or do the things I do based on others opinions as you said do what you need to do to keep her safe and the rest can take a long walk off a short pier.

I'm so glad it worked out! I think those women are the ones who are rude and ignorant.  I teach my daughters that dogs who are wearing a vest or police dogs etc. are "working dogs".  We can observe them, but they are not for petting.  They are doing a job and should not be distracted.  I've seen some service dogs with a "Don't flirt with me, I'm working" patch on their vest.  It is a cute way to inform people to back off.  You are doing a great job advocating for your daughter, Illinoismom!