Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

mommy2twingles

First stop was Game Stop but they only had 7 and there were 7 people in line. Someone there told me Best Buy was handing out tickets so I went there. Best Buy had 26 and I got the last ticket. :D I heard from others in line there that Walmart and Target only got a few. Walmart sold theirs at midnight and people waited hours in line at Target only to be told they had 4.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed where the best Xbox One Console Deal is? 

I guess it all depends on what extras you like and such, but I think the one at Kohl's for $249 is a good deal.  I haven't seen it cheaper, and you also get I think $75 in Kohl's cash as well.  It isn't my favorite store but if I was interested in getting one I would probably try to get it there.

EDIT:  Maybe it wasn't Kohl's I thought I saw one there.  I think I need more rest or something.  I didn't see it on that chart.

Edited by rockpzazz

So far i have found that dell is probably the biggest bang for your buck. You get the Xbox One S Bundle(Battlefield) along with an extra controller and another game(Gears of War 4). So you get console, 2 games, & 2 controllers for $250. I havent seen any other store offering that much for 250.

Edited by tjhollis
  • Like 1

I still think Kohls gives you your biggest bang for your buck; but it also depends on which game you want.  Kohls comes with Minecraft.

But for $250 you get the console, controller and 1 game. Sure, Dell give you another game and controller at that price, but with your $85 ($75 in KC, $10 in Y2U) in rewards, you should be able to buy your own extra game (of your choice) and controller with that $85 at Kohls.

I still think Kohls gives you your biggest bang for your buck; but it also depends on which game you want.  Kohls comes with Minecraft.

But for $250 you get the console, controller and 1 game. Sure, Dell give you another game and controller at that price, but with your $85 ($75 in KC, $10 in Y2U) in rewards, you should be able to buy your own extra game (of your choice) and controller with that $85 at Kohls.

Just wanted to point out, no, the games go for $60 and controllers for the xbox go for around the same $50-$60 so with the KC that you say, buying them after with them your actually could only get one and not both.

I do believe the best deal last year actually came from Microsoft themselves, people were able to buy the system, 2 games, 2 controllers and still walked about with credit to spend later

Just wanted to point out, no, the games go for $60 and controllers for the xbox go for around the same $50-$60 so with the KC that you say, buying them after with them your actually could only get one and not both.

I do believe the best deal last year actually came from Microsoft themselves, people were able to buy the system, 2 games, 2 controllers and still walked about with credit to spend later

Was this online at Microsoft.com?  When do we usually find out what they are offering?

I noticed the bundle deals are very similar for both PS4 and XB1.  XB1 comes with battlefield 1 and PS4 is with Uncharted 4.  PS4 deals have little differences from place to place.  I think Costco it includes a 2nd controller and Best buy it includes 2 other games.  Check the ads that are out but they are all $249

Also key thing if you are buying a video game system.....buy it with the biggest hard drive you can because what they do now is have the game install a lot of itself on the hard drive.  Once you get several games on there it is full and you will have to remove a game to install a new one's data.  It is annoying.  On PS4 you can upgrade to as large as a 2 TB hard drive that you install.  I did this on my son's ps4 a couple of months ago it is very easy but so worth it.

Also key thing if you are buying a video game system.....buy it with the biggest hard drive you can because what they do now is have the game install a lot of itself on the hard drive.  Once you get several games on there it is full and you will have to remove a game to install a new one's data.  It is annoying.  On PS4 you can upgrade to as large as a 2 TB hard drive that you install.  I did this on my son's ps4 a couple of months ago it is very easy but so worth it.

While I somewhat agree I know for the Xbox One you can add an external drive pretty easily and you can find a 2TB for about $50 and a 4TB drive for about $100.

X1 500GB for $250

X1 1TB for $300

X1 500GB + 2TB External for $300

X1 500GB + 4TB External for $350

Any deals on PlayStation 4 console/bundles?

Kohls has the best deal at $249 with $75 KC, but I don't shop at Kohl's much and they're one of the worst stores on BF, so I'm going to get one at Walmart ($30 GC). 

I'm really disappointed in the price this year.  $249 has been the going BF sale price for the past 3-4 years.  But I need to replace a broken one, so I really have no choice. 

I don't think I ever saw the Microsoft ad. I'll have to check that out.

here is last years thread

http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/250499-official-black-friday-video-games-discussion-thread/?p=1316144

you can see people post about the Microsoft Deal and what they got out of it

So, last year it looks like they got:

• Console $50 off
  • Controller
  • Extra Controller
  • Major Game
  • Mid-level Game
  • $60 gift card

And this year looks like:

• Console $50 off
  • Controller
  • Major Game
  • $25 gift card

And that deal doesn't look anywhere near as good as most other places. Am I missing something?

The only advantage is that maybe the Major game would be something other than Minecraft, Battlefield 1, or GoW (I don't really want any of those. lol)

Most other places are only offering a bundle with the 500GB; I'm planning on that with an external HDD. Is there any reason that's not a good plan and should pay more for the 2TB integrated HD (which MS Store will probably allow a more flexible bundling)?

No.  Those games are too new to probably be in a BF ad since they just came out in the last week or so.  I went ahead and pre ordered Watch Dogs 2 for my son through Gamestop so he got some additional missions.  Maybe those 2 will be on sale after BF but no way to know.

A few weeks ago i saw 12 month subscription on ebay for $39. They had sold 106,000  :gdwow:

The only thing with buying on eBay is most of the times you are only sent the code and not the actual card.  If buying for yourself, that may not  matter, but could be if buying as a gift.