Hatchimal - is this one of the hot toys this year?

ltb845

Thank you so much for posting this!!  oh man!! I saw your post and ordered one!  The website was REALLY SLOW..but after entering all my info and putting it in my cart, it gave me a notification "Success"..LOL!  I have not received an email confirmation for the order though.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Way more than I wanted to pay, but Toys R Us has upped their price to 69.99 online soooooooo...if I find one cheaper later on I'll return this one.  Keep you fingers crossed for me!  I need three of these guys!

• Like 2

Ordered Hatchimal off Diapers.com and it was cancelled

I feel really cheated and angry. I managed to check out and pay for a hatchimal and today I get an email saying my order has been cancelled because they're out of stock. How? They were in stock when I ordered it and fine. How is this possible?

Probably because they had so many orders come through at about the same time that they cant fufill all the orders. Some got cut and, sadly, yours was one of them.

I feel awful for you! I think it sucks that they do this crap on purpose. Its not like they didnt know ahead of time this was going to be a hot item. I fully believe some of those 300.00 hatcimals on ebay are the makers of the dang thing themselves.

I know you guys don't want to hear this but apparently they're disappointing: https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2274798/mum-writes-honest-hatchimal-review/

Might be worth talking kids out of it, if not there's several different types of IOU letters online from Santa about delivery in January: http://blog.feelgreatin8.com/cant-find-a-hatchimal/

Seems like this is the new Cabbage Patch marketing craze to make a not so great toy seem can't live without :(

We stood in line for a couple of hours at Walmart on BF to get one for our dd.  She seems very interested in it, but we will find out after Christmas.  We may pick up another if we see another one that is at the top of her list, but not really important anymore.

The Walmart that I was at Thursday had them because I did see a woman with several in her buggy. I never saw them myself on a display though.

I can't imagine she was able to exit the store with "several" of them...every place I've seen has limited them to one per customer...

I hear ya! I'm trying to find the Nintendo NES. If I could find it $20-30 more, I'd still scoop it up. Good luck!

I just saw an article on FB tonight, that TRU is expected to have the NES and Hatchimals when the store opens on Sunday. They didn't say "all" stores, and they didn't say how many, but that is the article circulating, so it might be worth being in line on Sunday morning, just in case...

I can't imagine she was able to exit the store with "several" of them...every place I've seen has limited them to one per customer...

I think it just depended on the Walmart.  I know of one local guy that was able to buy 25 of them. By Friday afternoon, he was selling them on Facebook garage sales for $150 each.  Of course, there was a big argument in the comments about greed vs. capitalism.  Several people in the comments said their Walmart was only allowing 1 per person. 

I think it just depended on the Walmart.  I know of one local guy that was able to buy 25 of them. By Friday afternoon, he was selling them on Facebook garage sales for $150 each.  Of course, there was a big argument in the comments about greed vs. capitalism.  Several people in the comments said their Walmart was only allowing 1 per person. 

I think you're right about it depending on the particular store.  The store I was at the associates were helping people get into the pallets early.  As I said I never saw them on a pallet but I wasn't particularly looking for them either so I have no idea how they were being distributed.  I only know I saw a lady with 3-4 in her buggy before 6PM..

I bought one on BF at Walmart and waited nearly 4 hours for it.  I was going to try and get one this Sunday, but thought against it and decided my two kids could share the one.  I'm done with looking for another if the lines are like this for them.

The real question here is how many people on Gottadeal want them for their family.  Many people are buying to flip and make profit, but that is going to end as xmas will be too close. They are advertised in the Weekly Target Ad for 12/11. Here's a link to the Target ad. http://www.thecouponingcouple.com/target-ad-scan-for-12-11-to-12-17-16/

Edited by hack2222