Walmart Holiday Plans press release

Brad

What will happen when someone "sharpens" a candy cane while in line and takes their frustration out on a poor employee?  Will there be a rash of stabbings with candy shivs during the fights for towels?

I thought it was toasters or some thing like that last year or maybe a Blu Ray player?

I can just see it now though. Candy Canes will be banned :)

I went to Walmart today and they had a man dressed up as Santa and some people that were dressed as elves with bags that say holiday helpers. They were walking around handing out mini candy canes to kids. No one directed me to a line I had to chose for myself. If this is their plan it stinks...just more people getting in the way of my basket when I'm on a mission Edited by Briasmom

I went to Walmart and saw one Holiday Helper but she was working the register, I did not get pointed to the shortest line (however I was able to find my own) and I did not get a candy cane. Hopefully we will get some decent deals when the ad comes out.

Well, I haven't seen any Holiday Helpers at either of my stores in town so no candy cane for me. :(

I did get my first Site to Store pickup tonight and I must say I've never been helped so quickly. I checked in on the app when I got in the parking lot and by the time I got to the back of the store the associate was there, waiting on me with my order. Quite impressive for now but we'll see what it's like the closer to Xmas it gets. That area is also the lay-away area.

Still no Helpers at either of my stores but Site to Store is still working like a charm for me checking in with the app.  That in itself is a win for Walmart this year in my book. 

100% Ditto here. Took me a little clicking around in the app to find where to check in. Finally found it halfway back to the back of the store at the pickup location, but still clicked it anyway. As I rounded the corner, I saw an associate with a scanner head back into the pickup area. I gave her 30-60 seconds and then I walked into the waiting area. She was coming out of the back as I walked up to the counter. Of course she couldn't read the order number on the label, so I still had to pull up the order email. However, it was nice they didn't have to go track down the item in back AFTER I got to the counter.

No handy helpers up front.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
After 6 trips into Walmart over the last few days.......I was really under impressed this year. Not only with the " routing" system in place on Thursday, but the " yellow vest" associates. My store may have hired extra hands, but it seemed like all the wanted to actually do was stand around and visit with each other. They blocked off the entire clothing sections to eas flow of checking out, but the lack of signage as to what items you where getting " herded" past was ridiculous. I like to shop, which means having a chance to look at items. The system at my store had everyone walking down aisles , but you better just have a list and grab what you see. Nothing was marked, nor was there a rhyme or reason to items order. Totally random! Ugh! Fingers crossed for next Year!

If there are suppose to be helpers at the Walmart closest to me they have only been spotted once, and never to help or give a candy cane.. no extra registers open and only one person working returns today made it slow, though she was very polite and helpful with my return.