GottaVent - Thanksgiving sales conflicting with football

everlast316

Cowboys fan here too! However, I've never let their Thanksgiving Day game stop me from shopping. My family lives in a very small town and only have a Walmart, Dollar General and Family Dollar so the majority of my shopping is online anyway. We usually watch parts of the game before and after the Walmart BF shopping run.

On a side note, If Jerry Jones was smart he'd leave Dak Prescott as the starting QB if/when Romo is healed.

Welcome to my world as a Lions fan. We ALWAYS have a conflict.

Being a Lions fan the only conflict it causes me is the inner type where I'm not sure if a decent team is going to show up or the S.O.L. (same ole lions) are going to show up and get embarrassed lol.

• Like 2

My team is not playing on Thanksgiving but honestly I don't think I would let football stop me from shopping. I say that THIS year because my team is the Cleveland Browns and it's just getting too painful to watch some of the games. I'm used to them not being good, but this just hurts [emoji24]

My team is not playing on Thanksgiving but honestly I don't think I would let football stop me from shopping. I say that THIS year because my team is the Cleveland Browns and it's just getting too painful to watch some of the games. I'm used to them not being good, but this just hurts [emoji24]

Don't take this wrong but I'm rooting for you all to go 0-16. I'm tired of my Lions being the only ones to ever do it lol.

• Like 1

Once again stores opening on Thanksgiving conflict with my beloved Dallas Cowboys (playing at 4:30 EST). Sorry retailers, my love for my team trumps my love of bargains. Hoping for a 1pm game time next year!

I would say that the Eagles plotted that but we are in the same situation !!!! post-75882-147774245037_thumb.jpg

Being a Lions fan the only conflict it causes me is the inner type where I'm not sure if a decent team is going to show up or the S.O.L. (same ole lions) are going to show up and get embarrassed lol.

That's hilarious! Being a Lions fan myself the worse is when the "decent" Lions team plays the first half, but stays in the locker room after halftime and the S.O.L. play the second half of the game. Nothing like getting my hopes up before they come crashing down.

That's hilarious! Being a Lions fan myself the worse is when the "decent" Lions team plays the first half, but stays in the locker room after halftime and the S.O.L. play the second half of the game. Nothing like getting my hopes up before they come crashing down.

I am RIGHT there with you. Two hardest positions to play in Detroit. QB for the Lions and Goalie for the Red Wings. We are hard on them lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...