Contest: Discuss Black Friday @ Win $100 Gift Cards [Winners Posted!]

Brad

Win or not I love coming here and seeing all these threads active. This is as close to social media as I get, no FB, Snapchat, Twitter or any of that other stuff for me.

1000% agree.

I do have Twitter and FB accounts, but don't post, follow, or like anything. I just use it for coupons and discounts and promotions.

It's fun chatting/discussing with people on here things I actually care about vs. what color socks someone is wearing today, or whether they put the left or right one on first...

• Like 1

1000% agree.

I do have Twitter and FB accounts, but don't post, follow, or like anything. I just use it for coupons and discounts and promotions.

It's fun chatting/discussing with people on here things I actually care about vs. what color socks someone is wearing today, or whether they put the left or right one on first...

Right on.

• Like 2

Kanyon...I cant wait to tell my children about you "IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE", someone besides their mother doesn't participate in social media(according to them GD does not count).  Thanks to you I am no longer the only one of my species...LOL

• Like 2

Kanyon...I cant wait to tell my children about you "IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE", someone besides their mother doesn't participate in social media(according to them GD does not count).  Thanks to you I am no longer the only one of my species...LOL

Ya my family thinks I'm crazy not being on those things. :)

OK, here is the announcement you've all been waiting for. First, some info:

There were 6,847 entries this year which includes the double entries in the "Posted Black Friday Ads" and "Online Black Friday Sales" subforums.

The entries were spit out randomly from the database, and then randomized again on random.org. The first 5 to get returned were chosen as the winners.

Here are the winners along with links to the actual posts that were chosen as winners:

1337417 - sweetdiggity
http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/268696-best-buy-black-friday-ad-posted/?p=1337417

1335317 - bribri25
http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/266215-black-friday-live-2016-bigjimslade-update-post-51/?p=1335317

1333982 - bethed
http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/266208-how-do-you-save-for-black-friday/?p=1333982

1337758 - tracy0504
http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/268693-walmart-black-friday-ad-posted/?p=1337758

1339974 - sgigi
http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/269238-kohls-online-black-friday-sale-discussion/?p=1339974

Congrats to the winners! Look for a PM from me soon to claim your prize.

And to everyone else, there's always next time. Thanks for contributing to the discussion :)

• Like 5

You going to post up the top 5 or so posters and how many they posted like you did last year?

sweetdiggity - 14 entries

bribri25 - 493 entries

bethed - 22 entries

tracy0504 - 149 entries

sgigi - 2 entries (and they were both for the same post - lucky!)

• Like 1

Thanks Brad; and everyone. Like I've said, it's lots of fun discussing things with everyone here.

Well, I may not have the most entries. He just put the # of entries for the winners. Brad, Kanyon is asking to see the members with the top 10 most entries and how many entries they had.  I'm curious, too!!

Congratulations to the winners - That's exciting!

So, I'm not asking you to do any math that isn't already done. But, if you have them, I would be interested to know how many total posts there were, compared to last year.  I see there was approximately 2000 difference for this contest purposes but that includes double entries.  I guess I'm just curious if there was really that big a difference in participation this year.

Congratulations to the winners - That's exciting!

So, I'm not asking you to do any math that isn't already done. But, if you have them, I would be interested to know how many total posts there were, compared to last year.  I see there was approximately 2000 difference for this contest purposes but that includes double entries.  I guess I'm just curious if there was really that big a difference in participation this year.

If you include the holiday discussion forum (easier to do the math since we archive them all together), last year had about 8,300 posts. This year we're currently around 6,500.

Things have been dropping, and it's happening to most forums on all topics as a lot of discussion happens on Facebook now.

For example, the main 'Walmart BF ad posted' thread on here had 56 replies. The corresponding post on our FB page had 579 comments.

If you include the holiday discussion forum (easier to do the math since we archive them all together), last year had about 8,300 posts. This year we're currently around 6,500.

Things have been dropping, and it's happening to most forums on all topics as a lot of discussion happens on Facebook now.

For example, the main 'Walmart BF ad posted' thread on here had 56 replies. The corresponding post on our FB page had 579 comments.

Wow! I shared several of the FB posts, but my thought was "Hey - y'all go to Gottadeal.com and check this out!" LOL.  They should know how much easier it is to find the discussion if they come here.

I mean, even a huge site like Slickdeals had less than 9,000 posts in their BF forum this year and they have many times the number of members that we do.

As BF becomes more "boring" there just isn't as much to discuss year after year. The novelty of the day has worn off - it's why there is much less news coverage when ads get leaked, or when people line up days ahead.

Now it's more about that 8 day stretch staring Monday before Thanksgiving and going until Cyber Monday. That's when the deals are and there's a pretty big drop in the number of deals available now compared to last week. And since online deals isn't "sexy" and you can't show funny clips of people fighting to get online deals, there isn't much coverage of it in the media.

I mean, even a huge site like Slickdeals had less than 9,000 posts in their BF forum this year and they have many times the number of members that we do.

As BF becomes more "boring" there just isn't as much to discuss year after year. The novelty of the day has worn off - it's why there is much less news coverage when ads get leaked, or when people line up days ahead.

Now it's more about that 8 day stretch staring Monday before Thanksgiving and going until Cyber Monday. That's when the deals are and there's a pretty big drop in the number of deals available now compared to last week. And since online deals isn't "sexy" and you can't show funny clips of people fighting to get online deals, there isn't much coverage of it in the media.

I would say there could be videos of them furiously clicking and refreshing and then trying to check out before the item is sold out. Then I thought. What did I look like and what was I wearing at 12am-4am when I was doing stuff and figured for the sake of all humanity those videos should not be released. :sidesplit

• Like 4