Dillard fans

I am wondering if their are any Dillard fans here?

I am a huge fan of Dillards because when they have an extra 30-40% off clearance, I get great stuff for $!!!.

I have gotten Kenneth cole swimsuit or $8 ( initially for $110). And great shoes, awsome stuff.

Dillards is soon going to gave great winter clearance.

Keep an eye !!!

SA

I love Dillards!!! When they want to move merchandise for the new stuff. They almost give it away!! I've bought swim suits for $2.99. Love the purses!!! Love the shoes!!! Love Dillards. Be sure to alert the masses for the big sale. Dillards is my daily read in the paper. Their ad is before the sports page.:yay:

I love Dillards!!! When they want to move merchandise for the new stuff. They almost give it away!! I've bought swim suits for $2.99. Love the purses!!! Love the shoes!!! Love Dillards. Be sure to alert the masses for the big sale. Dillards is my daily read in the paper. Their ad is before the sports page.:yay:

Yes me too. I actually started shopping at Dillards last yr only. So have no clue about their sale patterns. Do you have soem idea? DO u have any idea approx. when will they have winter clearance. ?

from today they have 50-75% of winter clearance. and 50% off shoes. But I know that is not good enough. Do u have an idea when they go down further?

Thanks

SA

I went to Dillard's this past weekend. They had an additional 30% off of clearance. I got my son two athletic pants and matching shirts(And 1, Nike) for $32. One of the regular price shirts cost more than that, and I refuse to pay that for a small child. I got my daughter a pair of Mia sandals and a pretty

bohemian skirt for $11.

They had plenty of stuff for 50% off that I will wait for them to mark lower.

I think they are waiting for their spring stuff to arrive, so they won't have empty racks.

Yes me too. I actually started shopping at Dillards last yr only. So have no clue about their sale patterns. Do you have soem idea? DO u have any idea approx. when will they have winter clearance. ?

from today they have 50-75% of winter clearance. and 50% off shoes. But I know that is not good enough. Do u have an idea when they go down further?

Thanks

SA

I am a faithful fan.... I don't know exact dates but shortly the prices will be 75% off plus and additional 50%. The additional 50% is only twice a year. Last year I bought a $350 men's leather jacket for about $35-40. Watch the Thursdays paper. Their sales always begin on Thursday and usually only last through Saturday. They have only recently began extending them until Sunday. The shoe sales are awesome. The home store has great sales and it a perusing place. For example I have found Emerill kids cook sets regularly $40 for $1.99...most of these sales are found in the same area each time... begin looking for your corner or table. Last summer, in July, I bought 13 pieces of girls' clothing for $37. They often will have sales that are $2.99, $4.99, etc. Look in your paper before 10am and be there when they open. The stores that move the most merchandise have the best selection and put more on sale sooner. Good Luck...:cheesy:

I am a faithful fan.... I don't know exact dates but shortly the prices will be 75% off plus and additional 50%. The additional 50% is only twice a year. Last year I bought a $350 men's leather jacket for about $35-40. Watch the Thursdays paper. Their sales always begin on Thursday and usually only last through Saturday. They have only recently began extending them until Sunday. The shoe sales are awesome. The home store has great sales and it a perusing place. For example I have found Emerill kids cook sets regularly $40 for $1.99...most of these sales are found in the same area each time... begin looking for your corner or table. Last summer, in July, I bought 13 pieces of girls' clothing for $37. They often will have sales that are $2.99, $4.99, etc. Look in your paper before 10am and be there when they open. The stores that move the most merchandise have the best selection and put more on sale sooner. Good Luck...:cheesy:

As far as I remember their sale starts on Wednesday.

And thanks for the tip on location. I don't think that works for me. Because I look for clothes in both misses and petites and other areas. when i went last week , they really had stuff all over the place since they were clearancing out most of the winter stuff.

But I really think that their prices are outrageously crazy. I liked a simple cotton top- turned out to be around $150, and even with 75% off, it was $37.50, then tax on top of it. I cannot spend $37.5 + tax just on one top. Even with 50% off it would be around $18, still not worth it. And it was Giani Binni brand which happnes to be their own brand ( and not a national brand like Guess or Rampage or Ralph Lauren). I wonder why they have their own brands also sooo highly priced.

SA.

We get most of my husbands clothes there. We buy Kenneth Cole, Liz Claiborne, Tommy Hilfiger shirts for $4 or slacks for work for $9.

You have to hit it at the right time, but if you do it can be a great way to stock up.

A couple of years ago the they had a $200 set of stainless steel pans that had been marked 75% off because they were changing the set. On the "additional 50%" day I bought the entire set for $25. My brother was amazed at that Christmas gift.

Just keep your eye on Dillards. You may even call and ask if they know when it is going to be. They usually say they don't know, but it is worth a try. And once you know - POST IT!! :)

Happy Shopping!

I love Dillards - even though I can't stand shopping (except for Costco!). I routinely purchase $90.00 Polo dress shirts for $25 - $30 each. The trick is to stop by often and look through the sales rack. When the new merchandise comes in, the old goes on sale. One of the salespersons told me once that they almost never ship items back to the wholesaler...they just keep marking it down until it sells. Besides having good quality merchandise at fair prices, they also have helpful and happy associates (and no, I don't work there!).

I am a frequent Dillard's shopper. Here is what I have learned for the last 2 years I have shopped :

1) I only buy when merchandise has been marked down 50-75% off.:g_thumpsu Winter clearance is starting to peak right now. 3 weeks ago it was one-third 25-30% and one-third 50% and one-five 75%. Also there was an extra 30% off clearance prices. :g_thumbri

2) Ideally, I like to buy when it is 75% off with the extra 30% however I have bought when it was 50% off and extra 30%. Never 25-30%.:splat:

3) Prices are always changing and different dept do different things. My hubby is a loyal big and tall customer and we always get a great deal. Everything in that dept does not get clearance. :slaphappy

4) I have 2 daughters and the best bargains are in the kids dept for me. I have scored great items there.:hearthrob

5) They just had a 30% off 2 weeks ago they will have one this month, just check I imagine either this weekend or next weekend. As far as Wed or Thur sale begins, I have noticed both so I think this varies.

Hope this helps someone I know I have save $100's of dollars just buying like this for the next year wardrobe.:2wiggle:

One thing I can say about Dillards is DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY!!!!! They start marking down on Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday for the sale on Thursday. By then, as least in my area, the good stuff is picked over. Wait a few weeks after it hits 50% if your waiting on 75% and then check every Tuesday and see. I have not gone much this year as I have a closet full of stuff. Just ask, and they will tell you what is going to be marked down that week. Two years ago, I bought 2 Nautica Shirts Reg $49 for $6 each.

For summer merchandise the stores near Oklahoma City, Ok have the best deals. They have more 75% and market it down 3 or 4 weeks earlier, usually by mid July all summer is 75%. In Texas, its after Labor Day, and there is not much left. One last thing, is that Dillards is very regional. Items could vary from 25% in one region to 75% somewhere else.

Oh, and ask them for the lowest volume store, and there highest volume one, and shop there. Lowest might have better selection because no one shops there; highest because they get more. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

:::sigh:::

I found three really nice XXL dress shirts for Paul that I paid $66.00 for total. Unfortunately, he's been bench pressing and has expanded his chest and shoulders. The XXL still fits his neck and gut, but the sleeves are now way too short. And none of these styles come in 3X or 2XLT.