Military discounts

meo

I remember a post similar, but not sure I've seen such a consolidated listing as this one -- also cannot verify every one of them but it's worth calling/checking/asking. This was sent to me in an email...and I apologize if I'm breaking some protocol or something...hope not

Here is a short list of places that offer military discounts. Please call your local vendors to be sure they participate in the program. Also, never be afraid to ask a store if they offer a discount, even if one is not advertised. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Restaurants

Arby's

A&W

Back Yard Burgers

Burger King

Captain D's

Chick-Fil-A

Cotton Patch

Denny's

Dunkin' Donuts

IHOP (20 percent discount with military identification)

Java Cafe

KFC

Long John Silver

Pancho's Mexican Buffet

Pizza Hut

Quizno's

Sizzler

Sonic

Taco Bell

Whataburger

Services

AT&T

California Cryobank

Geico

Jiffy Lube

Meineke

Sears Portrait Studio

Travel and Leisure

Blockbuster

Movie theaters

Ripley's attractions and museums

Professional Sports teams

Products

Apple Computers

AutoZone

Barnhill's

Bass Pro Shop

Bath and Body Works

Big 10 Tires

The Buckle

Champs Sports

Copeland's Sports

Dell

The Discovery Channel Store

Dress Barn

The Finish Line

FootAction

Footlocker

Gadzooks

GNC

Goody's

Great Party

Happy Harry's

Hot Topic

Jockey

Lerner

Michael's

NAPA Auto Parts

New York & Company

Pac Sun

Payless Shoes

Play It Again Sports

Pure Beauty

Quizno's

Sally Beauty Supply

Spencer's Gifts

Suncoast

Timberland Outlets

Wilson's Leather

Cell Phone Service Discount

All Federal Employees are able to get a 15% discount on their personal cell phones by calling their carrier and mentioning the "Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 - Discount to Federal Employees Past and Present."

Cingular - 800-319-6393

Sprint - 877-812-1223

T-Mobile - 866-646-4688

Nextel - 800-639-6111

Verizon - 800-865-1825

You will need to know the military member's supervisor's name, phone number, and full address, so that his/her military status can be verified.

DANGIT DANGIT DANGIT!!! I'm sorry -- mods please feel free to snicker and laugh at me...wrong forum...can someone move this? I looked for the option to edit and actually remove/move the post, but couldn't find it...sorrrrry...

I have found that many of these don't, and I live the military saturated area on Hampton Roads. Guess they don't need to give a discount when many in the area are military! Kinda stinks!

I agree -- we're in the same area (peninsula) and I know for a fact that my favorite choco chip pancakes are never discounted!! LOL! However, the smaller businesses usually do if you ask (like the mom and pop shops) -- I've taken to always asking b/c a lot of them even if they don't, will say yes and give you 10% regardless b/c they know it's good for business...and some of them just never really thought about it until you asked, kwim? :usaribbon

I make it a point to drop the "we're military" bomb during every conversation when I'm buying something. lol Today I was scheduling an auto transport for a vehicle we bought and we got a military discount. I think the fast food discounts are only valid on post or base. Notice most of them are ones you would find on base.