Super Saturday

len_mullen

I went shopping tonight.  It was my first visit to a retail store since Black Friday.  I was thinking about waiting until Monday out of fear of the Super Saturday crowds.  I need not have concerned myself with that.  I parked within two rows of the door of each store I visited.  I was all but alone at Staples.  Wal-mart was not busy.  Kohls was the only store I visited that had lines at the registers.  Of course all of their stuff was on sale, everyone got 30% off sales prices if they paid with a kohls card and everyone got 20% kohls cash plus 10% in rewards.  Seriously, I wonder how long it will be before they pay me to take their stuff!

I doubt this is going to be the 'best christmas season in years' -- I suspect when the counting is done 2014 will prove to be a disappointment.

Is this just Southern New Hampshire or are others seeing the same?

Wow I can't say the same thing for stores around here. It was a mad house in almost every store we went in. Some the crowds were so bad we didn't even try. Only ones we didn't have too much trouble were Sam's Club and Babies R Us. Kohls on man that place you couldn't even find a parking spot even close.

Definitely not the norm here in Miami either. We took advantage of the Visa Disney Rewards card holiday shopping event at Disney Store and got to both malls just around opening time for Disney Store an hour before most other stores in mall opened(6am at 1st and 7am at other). We had decent parking but by the time we got out right around mall opening hours both were packed already.

I was going to do some returns today but may just go to Walmart at 4am when I wake from my nightly nap. Driving is already a nightmare between the slow poke/erratic drivers and the people blatantly taking the red lights. I don't know why the holidays bring out the WORST in drivers.

I was at the mall on Sunday ("Sheer Panic Sunday" as they called it on our local radio). It was definitely busy, don't get me wrong, but it really wasn't terrible. I didn't find myself waiting in any ridiculous lines or anything. I had tried to do a little shopping on my lunch break a few days last week but the lines were way too long. 

I still have to finish shopping for my Dad and DH's Dad and one niece, who I won't see until the 26th so I could go out that morning if I had to.

I was at the mall on Sunday ("Sheer Panic Sunday" as they called it on our local radio). It was definitely busy, don't get me wrong, but it really wasn't terrible. I didn't find myself waiting in any ridiculous lines or anything. I had tried to do a little shopping on my lunch break a few days last week but the lines were way too long. 

I still have to finish shopping for my Dad and DH's Dad and one niece, who I won't see until the 26th so I could go out that morning if I had to.

I see you are in Massachusetts.  I am in Southern New Hampshire.  Where were you shopping?