Amazon.com Black Friday Sale Discussion Thread

Brad

Is it just me or do the lighting deals seems to not be up to par this year. In years past iv been able to nab some lap tops and tv's by this time and this year nothing.

I agree last year I had already gotten a really good deal on a smart t.v.  Really disappointed thus far.  

well boo, just missed the Vizio smart TV 40" for $219 on Amazon, dang it, the stuff has been crap so didn't scroll through all the way for this evening

because it hasnt been there long, most likely they only put it up 10-20 minutes before it started

This year has been a big dissapointment thus far.

well boo, just missed the Vizio smart TV 40" for $219 on Amazon, dang it, the stuff has been crap so didn't scroll through all the way for this evening

Was this a lightning deal?  I don't even see a link to it anywhere.

I do not like how they are doing things this year at all.  I don't have the time to camp a computer or smart phone 24/7

• Like 1

This year has been a big dissapointment thus far.

Was this a lightning deal?  I don't even see a link to it anywhere.

I do not like how they are doing things this year at all.  I don't have the time to camp a computer or smart phone 24/7

yes its a lightning deal 100% claimed waitlist full

I honestly don't feel like I am seeing all the deals.  Like right now only 3 more lighting deals for 2 hours?   That does not seem right at all.

that is all there is left for tonight, unless they throw some stuff in there, like right now I see the Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack listed for $37 again, its been almost a daily throw in deal this year

I keep checking every hour to see if they added stuff nope I'm disappointed with the ads overall but I thought at least amazon would come through for me

Agreed the ads have been disappointing.

I don't understand how they expect people to know about these deals when they do that.

They don't want us to know, they want to be listed as the cheapest without selling a lot at the cheapest price.

Got this email from Amazon:

Happy Holidays! I wanted to give you a heads up on Black Friday deals for Amazon devices beginning tomorrow. These deals will extend through the holiday weekend. Deals include:

·         $79 Kindle for just $49

·         New Bundle: 6 months of Kindle Unlimited plus a Kindle for $79; also available for Kindle Paperwhite for $129

·         $119 Kindle Paperwhite for $99

·         $99 Fire HD 6 for $79

·         $139 Fire HD 7 for $109

·         Fire phone is now available unlocked with a no contract price of $199 through Cyber Monday

·         $39 Fire TV Stick available at Best Buy and Staples for $24.99

Kindle (deal running 11/27-11/29)

All-new Kindle - featuring a touchscreen display, a 20% faster processor, and twice the storage. Kindle e-readers are lightweight and easy to hold, measure battery life in weeks, not hours, and allow for reading with no glare even in bright sunlight. 

Kindle Paperwhite (deal running 11/27-11/29)

Kindle Paperwhite is one of Amazon’s most popular Kindles, with a touchscreen that has no screen glare in bright sunlight, a battery that lasts for weeks, not hours, and a built-in light that allows you to read without eyestrain.

Kindle Unlimited/Kindle Bundle (deal running 11/27-11/29)

Better together: Get the $79 Kindle and 6-months of Kindle Unlimited for just $79 or Kindle Paperwhite and 6-months of Kindle Unlimited for just $129. Kindle Unlimited offers unlimited reading from over 700,000 books, including best sellers like The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Harry Potter series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Landing page:

Fire HD (Fire HD 6 deal running 11/27-11/29; Fire HD 7 deal running 11/27-12/1)

The new Fire HD tablets are available in both 6” and 7” and five color choices - black, white, cobalt, magenta, and citron. The new Fire HD, features a quad-core processor, front and rear-facing cameras, an HD display and a world-class ecosystem of exclusive features, services, and content.

Fire phone (deal running 11/25-12/1)

The Fire phone is now available unlocked.  The unlocked Fire phone works with GSM carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile, Metro PCS and Cricket and for a limited time only is only $199. Fire phone includes a full year of Amazon Prime membership for access to Amazon’s vast digital ecosystem and unlimited photo cloud storage as well as exclusive features like Mayday, Second Screen and X-Ray.

Fire TV Stick (deal running 11/23-11/29 at Best Buy and Staples)

While it’s sold out on Amazon.com, customers can discover Fire TV Stick, the fastest-selling Amazon device ever, at Best Buy and Staples stores. Fire TV Stick is a small stick that connects to the HDMI port on your HDTV for instant access to movies, TV shows, music, photos, apps, and games.

They don't want us to know, they want to be listed as the cheapest without selling a lot at the cheapest price.

They could easily do this by just having 100 available to sell. We never know how many they have and the deals go from 0%-100% claimed in a matter of seconds regardless of how many they have and how much they advertise.

GDers always figure it out and then the world knows!! :)

Sorry everyone for the gripe, but I AM SOOOO tired of seeing the watches! LOL If your looking to buy a watch and have not got one yet from the thousands AMAZON has had in the lighting deals this last week and continue to have currently, then you dont deserve a good deal on one. SO AMAZON move on to some different stuff already!!!!!

• Like 3

hasn't been any movies for the past couple of days now, I see a few video games showing up in the list for tomorrow. Amazon has really lost it this year, every year they have been the go to store for getting great deals, knowing when such and such would be listed and just sitting there waiting for it to start was nice, but this year, nothing I don't want to have to be camped on the site all day long just to see if they sneak in a deal I want

Lightning Deal:

LG Electronics 65LB5200 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O1830SG/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_6282_4d4c0d79?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=10B3CDF2A8YAGFNECNE4&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1980506282

It's already waitlisted, but join the waitlist and good luck.  I can't vouch for this TV but thought some of you might be interested.