When will prices on non-doorbusters start in-store this year?

stacya

Last year, I remember running to Wal-Mart the night before Thanksgiving to pick up Skylanders Swap Force at the BF price, because their pricing was already coming up at that point...wondering if this is the norm, since I don't typically shop at W-M first on BF, but my kids are asking for Trap Team (oh, don't we have ENOUGH of this stuff already??), and if it goes on sale the night before Thanksgiving, history will repeat itself...here's hoping!!

Last year I actually bought Swap Force the Week before BF.  This may be what you are thinking about.  They did a competitor price match the Friday before Black Friday but on the Thursday night prior things were ringing up sale price! It was a sweet deal but it wasn't the night before Thanksgiving.  I need Trap Team and Infinity 2.0 this year. I would LOVE it if Walmart did the same type sale this Friday!

Edited by princessbsl45

Last year, I remember running to Wal-Mart the night before Thanksgiving to pick up Skylanders Swap Force at the BF price, because their pricing was already coming up at that point...wondering if this is the norm, since I don't typically shop at W-M first on BF, but my kids are asking for Trap Team (oh, don't we have ENOUGH of this stuff already??), and if it goes on sale the night before Thanksgiving, history will repeat itself...here's hoping!!

Just a heads up Trap Team will be $39.99 this Sunday at Target. So you can pick it up there or price match at Walmart. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon drops their price as well.

• Like 1

Last year I actually bought Swap Force the Week before BF.  This may be what you are thinking about.  They did a competitor price match the Friday before Black Friday but on the Thursday night prior things were ringing up sale price! It was a sweet deal but it wasn't the night before Thanksgiving.  I need Trap Team and Infinity 2.0 this year. I would LOVE it if Walmart did the same type sale this Friday!

It wasn't Thursday night, for sure, because I had it before the BF craziness...and I think you're right, that it wasn't Wednesday either, because we went to the movies that night, but it was the BF price, so I can't for the life of me remember when it was, other than the prices were in the system the night before the sale was to start, so I went that night, and picked up Swap Force for both our Xbox and for the kids' 3DS, since it was so cheap...

Just a heads up Trap Team will be $39.99 this Sunday at Target. So you can pick it up there or price match at Walmart. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon drops their price as well.

Thank you for this info!!!  I have no problem paying a few dollars more, to ensure that I have it in hand!!  Will make for a MUCH less stressful BF for me, since that's the top item I need to get!!

And yup, just went through the archives, and it was a weekend sale, where the prices started on Thursday night, and I ran down then and got it...I will save myself the hassle and be at Target when they open on Sunday... :)