OTC diet pills & weight loss programs

Lindaz

I wasn't sure where to post this. Has anyone had any luck with any OTC diet pills or weight loss programs? If so, are there any inexpensive ones other than cutting calories, exercising and drinking water. I have hit the mid 40s when it takes a great effort to lose weight.

I personally think that WW is a very good program, because you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your points. If you join online it only costs about $20 a month (I think) and it gives you access to all the tools. I did it online for a while and then quit. I just purchased the at home program which cost about $120 but you only have to purchase the kit once, and then you have all the tools you would need to lose the weight.

I personally think that WW is a very good program, because you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your points. If you join online it only costs about $20 a month (I think) and it gives you access to all the tools. I did it online for a while and then quit. I just purchased the at home program which cost about $120 but you only have to purchase the kit once, and then you have all the tools you would need to lose the weight.

I go to the WW meetings- they are $11/week- so pricier than the online program- but i think the meetings are very very useful. Plus they give you some great ideas and loads of support.

and dont worry- much to contary belief- you do NOT weigh in infront of everyone! just you and one worker!:gd_not_ri

I am a type II Diabetic. 85 days ago I was put on a new medication called Byetta. Since I started taking this, I have lost 21 lbs. I am never hungry.

It is only approved currently for type II diabetics. There are now new clinical trials to see if non-diabetics can benefit from this medication without side effects. Yahoo Byetta and find out how the trails are going.

be careful with OTC diet drugs. Dexatrim and the like are basically speed (the idea is that they would accelerate metabolism, but don't really do that), but some, like ephedra, have very serious complications. Anything that is herbal is NOT under the government's jurisdiction, so there are no guarantees about it's effectiveness or safety, let alone if it even contains what it says it does