Airline deals to Europe

I am looking for airline deals to Europe. I would like to fly in or out of Italy or Germany. I just have no clue what airlines to look at. I have only flown Lufthansa in the past. Are there any other airlines to look into??? Any deals that you guys would know about would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I have used skyauction.com to get a good deal but it relies on no one pushing the price up too much.

Otherwise Travelocity.com has produced all of my other good deals. It helps to be flexible on your travel dates and planing to fly on Wednesdays is cheaper than Fridays or Mondays.

I also look at flying to another destination and then at the offers from there to my preferred destination. For example flying into Schipol (Amsterdam) and then either getting a local flight or renting a car could be cheaper than flying to Frankfurt. We travel to Frankfurt via London Heathrow but that is because I have family in England.

http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/graffiti_menu.htm

Here is a great site to go to. Some times you can find great deals on where others have gone before. There are many threads on where to stay an go as well...

here is something I found for you on the above website...

1.Saving money using non-USA websites

In planning our upcoming trip to Europe, we have found that using European travel sites gets us much better rates on the same hotel and the very same air flight. An example is a planned flight from Edinburgh, Scotland to Amsterdam. Via US travel sites, the least expensive was 637 USD per person and the SAME flight using the UK/Ireland Yahoo travel was approx. 450 USD for the TWO of us. Something to consider.

2. Use a price-compare website like BookingBuddy.com, a sister site to SmarterTravel.com, to compare prices on airfare, hotels, vacations, or cars.

good luck!

That is a good suggestion! Thanks! Because the exchange rate changes all the time, I really don't know what I would be paying in Euros sometimes. I will have to look deeper into the websites. I emailed my traveling buddy the information to look over also. We are visiting friends who live in Bosnia and so we don't need hotel unless we decide to stay in another country on a lay-over or something!