Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Dillards.com 50% to 75% sale (Xmas, Pyrex, Corning ware HOT!)

157 replies to this topic

#61 buttsister123  OFFLINE  

buttsister123

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 7:56 am

I received my Corningware 12pc and Pyrex 19pc sets yesterday. Before this posting started, I had e-mailed Dillards asking how to get the rebate form. Still waiting for response on that! Anyway, on my receipt it says "If not satisfied - you can mail the merchandise back (you have to pay shipping) OR you can return to any Dillards location. Course, you eat the original shipping charges. Did stop by Dillards and they had rebate forms there, it says on there "Not below Retail $45.99" on the form for the 19 pc Pyrex. "Not below Retail $55.00" on the form for 17 pc Corningware (guess I grabbed the wrong form - needed one for 12 pc) Sandra

#62 bodeca29  OFFLINE  

bodeca29

pare el traducir de mí

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:01 am

Okay if anyone needs it I have screenshots for both sets. Grabbed one from another site :) Waiting to see if anyone over theer can upload one for the pyrex. If they do I will let you know

*~*~*~*EDIT*~*~**~

Here are the links for the screen shots!

http://i25.photobuck...0/corning17.jpg

http://i25.photobuck...0/corning12.jpg

#63 bsakalosky  OFFLINE  

bsakalosky

#1 Notre Dame Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:04 am

Went to Dillards and they were no help and RUDE!

#64 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:18 am

thing that burns me, looking at the post above about not below a certain amount is that is not mentioned on the webpage anywhere, in fact, very little is said about the mail in rebate just that it is offered. Also, for looking it up by typing in Dillards $15 mail in rebate, you have to go to a cached page which in facts is a search on 1-1-06 and it has the $22 price and the $27 price, its like looking at an old page that some saved in histories.

#65 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:34 am

Just talked with them and they will not be honoring their rebate, in fact, she states their policy is they are not liable for whats put up on their website, that it is in their policies that they check for accuracy and if a mistake is found it is pulled. What the heck does that mean, these were up for several days with the mail in rebate thing on it, I don't see where they posted anything about the rebate being invalid. If I had seen that I would of cancelled the order. I am stuck, they won't pay for it to be returned nor reimburse me if I do. I think we should contact the FTC or Internet fraud and stop stores from being able to do this. No information was posted and this general we are not responsible for what we put on our website is a bunch of crap.

#66 momofmo  OFFLINE  

momofmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:47 am

Regrettably, we will not be sending a rebate for this purchase. Rebates are only valid for full-priced merchandise. We apologize that this was not made more clear on our website, and we sincerely regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused.
:blahblah:

:mad: I'm livid with Dillard's NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and they'll NEVER get another dime from me.:flame:

#67 vicloo  OFFLINE  

vicloo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:49 am

Is it possible at this point to not accept the delivery? I have a tracking number with UPS. I could certainly call them and advise them that the packages will not be accepted. Then advise credit card company to deny payment. Bad for such a large well known company to do this. In our area we have access to television "trouble shooters" who investigate consumer complaints. I wonder if this would be something they could look into. It is obviously fraudulent not to honor an advertised price. When the newspaper prints a wrong price they then have to print a retraction. Anyone seen a retraction?

#68 eve  OFFLINE  

eve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:51 am

this is crap...................
plain and simple.....
i placed a almost $200 order becouse of this offer.
i would not have gotten anything otherwise
i feel lied to
hook ... line .... and sinker
bad CS

#69 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:54 am

Ok, I just filed with the FTC under misleading advertising.....I would encourage you to do the same, don't know if this is the right agency and maybe someone else can help but I don't think we should let companies do this!

#70 Beau6183  OFFLINE  

Beau6183

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:56 am

Regrettably, we will not be sending a rebate for this purchase. Rebates are only valid for full-priced merchandise. We apologize that this was not made more clear on our website, and we sincerely regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Made MORE clear? It was made VERY clear that we WOULD be recieving a rebate.

Dillards can suck on my fungal left toe. If they had any respect for their customers or any interest in avoiding a SEVERE blemish on their customer service reputation, they would honor the offer and issue the rebate reguardless.

#71 Beau6183  OFFLINE  

Beau6183

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:57 am

Ok, I just filed with the FTC under misleading advertising.....I would encourage you to do the same, don't know if this is the right agency and maybe someone else can help but I don't think we should let companies do this!

Where'd you do this?

#72 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 8:59 am

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/bcpap.htm not sure if this is the right division but it is for advertising practices

#73 Beau6183  OFFLINE  

Beau6183

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 9:08 am

thanks. complaint filed. Horray for trashing Dillards rep. :\

#74 yancy1021  OFFLINE  

yancy1021

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 9:23 am

Complaint filed...I hope everyone will join us in doing this. Quick and easy.

#75 lafevem  OFFLINE  

lafevem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 9:30 am

Borrowed from another site with ticked off members regarding this deal:
Dillard's Inc.
1600 Cantrell Road
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: 501-376-5200
Fax: 501-376-5917
Web Site: http://www.dillards.com

They are all banding together to voice complaints to the headquarters. Don't know if it will help, but I guess jamming their corporate phone lines is worth a try.

#76 eve  OFFLINE  

eve

• 2,461 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 9:42 am

my cell was just ringing but i missed the call. checked my messages and guess what? Dillards just called me "regarding" my order they left a # to call back guess i'll see what happens

#77 bodeca29  OFFLINE  

bodeca29

pare el traducir de mí

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 9:47 am

my cell was just ringing but i missed the call.
checked my messages and guess what?
Dillards just called me "regarding" my order
they left a # to call back
guess i'll see what happens

Ooooh please let us know what they say!!!!

#78 eve  OFFLINE  

eve

• 2,461 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 11:04 am

Ooooh please let us know what they say!!!!

they just called to say that there will be no rebate but since my order did not ship yet, they could just not ship it. i said "not cool" but i'll still take it.

I'm still mad...
but this is still a good price isn't it? I hve never priced this stuff before.
i'm getting my own place this summer so i figure i probily can't go wrong with getting them.

#79 bodeca29  OFFLINE  

bodeca29

pare el traducir de mí

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 11:19 am

they just called to say that there will be no rebate but since my order did not ship yet, they could just not ship it. i said "not cool" but i'll still take it.

I'm still mad...
but this is still a good price isn't it? I hve never priced this stuff before.
i'm getting my own place this summer so i figure i probily can't go wrong with getting them.

Well at least they called you first and gave you the opion. Others who are already shipped can return them but they are out the shipping costs.

#80 bamaeagle  OFFLINE  

bamaeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 11:39 am

If it hasn't shipped call and cancel. I got a very apologetic cs rep and got it cancelled before it was too late. In response to another poster don't forget the Sears jogger stroller saga as well.

#81 eve  OFFLINE  

eve

• 2,461 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 11:39 am

yes i know - i would have been twice as mad not given the option, i still think they should offer something to make up for false adverisement! And for the peopl who lost out on shipping

#82 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 12:15 pm

If they knew like the rep claims, she was adamant that they pulled the sale after they found out, why didn't they cancel the shipments or give us the option. I ordered on the 31st, thats Sat, they didn't ship out until Tues the 3rd. So they didn't decide till yesterday late when everyone was calling about their rebates. Yesterday afternoon they didn't pull the mail in rebate because I and at least two others called and they said they were mailing it out. So, they are lying to cover their corporate booties! I agree, they should give us a gift card or something for their mess up, why would they alienate thousands of customers. I have seen the Dillards post on at least 4 sites so that has to be hundreds if not thousands of people who saw and bought. I told the rep that I bought becuase of the mail in, she said sorry but that was all. I found out there is a Dillards about an hour away but I lose my $8 shipping but it gets down to principle of the thing. As far as if this is a good price, the sets were on sale but you can do the same thing when other stores put them on sale too. I hate bad business

#83 bodeca29  OFFLINE  

bodeca29

pare el traducir de mí

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 12:45 pm

Hmmmm is this the same company http://www.arkansas....tml?compid=1390

If so it just makes me more mad!

#84 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 12:46 pm

Ok, another question. I know several members here picked their sets up in the store and actually got a rebate form. I was just rereading some earlier post and someone said it read the same thing as what we all have saw on the website(you need UPC, receipt etc.) How come when she bought it in store no one mentioned the rebate being pulled. I mean on the rebate form if you picked it up in store was it on the box? by the cash register etc.

#85 forcedtoregister  OFFLINE  

forcedtoregister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 2:13 pm

Rebate fraud does not go over well with me. So, even though I did not buy one of these I decided to do some detective work. Most if not all rebates for corningware come from the manufactuter World Kitchens.

Even though Dillard's will not give out the rebate forms to send in Corning most likely will honor them. I called World Kitchen at 1-800-999-3436 and spoke with Lauren. She said she would personally approve the rebate if I sent UPC and Receipt to her even without the rebate form. But, I felt bad having hundreds of people send her their forms so I told her that dillards did this to MANY people and she said she is going to check with the rebate departmet and will call me tomarrow.

I will post an update then, but it looks good that y'all can get your rebates.

#86 vicloo  OFFLINE  

vicloo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 2:20 pm

Thank heavens you were "forced to register" What a champion to have on our side!! Would the rebates for PYREX go through the same company? I know a lot of us ordered both the corningware and pyrex sets. Thanks for your help.

#87 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 2:29 pm

Thank you for checking into that for us! I did find a Dillards somewhat near us, actually over an hour one way so I called, they said their mail in rebates were thrown away since they ended on Dec 31st. I thought that was odd. She also didn't know anything about Dillards not honoring the mail in rebate, again, not sure she really just didn't know or what they are being told to tell us. I am sure not many people from Montana ordered this online so maybe has not come up but still funny that they throw away their rebate forms. Looking forward to hearing back from World Kitchens....... Oh just a note, Amazon has a $10 rebate offered from World Kitchens on their Corning sets and it states right there, can't be below $49.99! I think Dillards just may of really screwed up. They probably can't send the rebates out since they sold the sets below retail and offered the $15.....

#88 Beau6183  OFFLINE  

Beau6183

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 5:52 pm

Wow, just recieved my set... they really screwed me. I ordered the 17pc corningware set, and the pyrex set -- they didn't get the order even close to right. Not only am I NOT getting either rebate, but they REMOVED the pyrex set without informing me and sent me the 12pc corningware set at the same price as the 17pc. I called and asked what happened and they couldn't explain it. Luckily the local Dillards store has a few of the 17pc sets in stock so I can exchange the corningware, but I can honestly say I'll NEVER shop at Dillards again. This is beyond rediculous.

#89 inluvstill  OFFLINE  

inluvstill

GD addict!

• 3,075 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 7:03 pm

Is it possible at this point to not accept the delivery? I have a tracking number with UPS. I could certainly call them and advise them that the packages will not be accepted. Then advise credit card company to deny payment. Bad for such a large well known company to do this. In our area we have access to television "trouble shooters" who investigate consumer complaints. I wonder if this would be something they could look into. It is obviously fraudulent not to honor an advertised price. When the newspaper prints a wrong price they then have to print a retraction. Anyone seen a retraction?

You may have something here. I worked for a major credit card company for 2 years and if you have a copy of the screen that shows the rebate, then that would be proof for your dispute. I was 1 button away from buying this and decided not to since I am moving soon. Now I am glad I didn't. I am so sorry that you all are going through this. This seems very fraudulent to me!!! How can you blatently offer a rebate with no real details and then not advise your customers of the mistake before billing them??!! Hang in there and don't give up without a fight!! If all else fails, ask for a supervisor at Dillards. Maybe if enough of you call with this, they will give in and do the right thing!! Good luck all and I hope to read of good news soon.

#90 happyrat  OFFLINE  

happyrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2006 - 9:10 pm

I would just call your credit card company and tell them of the misunderstanding. Since you certainly are not the only one, they will have a record and should reverse the charge no problem. If they do give a problem, just threaten to cancel your card. They will not want to lose a customer over $8 in shipping. Also don't forget to write the better business bureau and the attorney generals office. If you live in Little Rock, take them to small claims court. You can also file criminal fraud charges against them. Heck lets make that a class action suit lol. Or better yet Judge Judy. Sorry thought some humor might lighten things up a little.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users