so what is on the schedule/menu for this new year's eve

gisellerol

now i know alot of us here have kids but for things like this does anyone ever just put the kids to sleep and go out and have some drinks.

you know what they say when the mice are away the cats will play

i for one do go out and play me and my friends are having a big party and i dont usually drink but this is the one night i plan on not remembering i have already ordered a limo to pick us up and take us home

Guest all2tired
Most likely I'll be sitting up all by myself watching the ball drop in Times Square while hubby and the kids snore away. Then I get to sneak into their rooms and give them each a New Year kiss. I have a boring life rofl

we are haven x mas with me mother so i am doing the hole x mas dinner thing again twice for me this year... this will be more than the other since we did not do as much x mas just me hubby kids and my brother.. but mom and step dad will be here have alot more planned

Happy Birthday to all the new Years babies! We will be home with the kids. They never seem to make it to midnight. I bought some TGI Fridays frozen appetizers today. So we will be having Potato Skins (yummy!!), popcorn chicken, queso dip, chili con queso (homemade), and a bunch of other un-healthy yummy stuff. Also, I will down my usual bottle of pepermint schnapps, and hubby will be having Killians (cuz it was on sale, LOL.) No drinking till the kids are in bed though. We may have friends over, not sure yet. Hubbys best friend will prob come over with his girlfriend. We are pretty boring people, lol.

I'll be cooking...TGIFriday appetizers, lol. I'll probably make myself a marble boule with spinach dip. Hubby will probably want some shrimp. I like to just do pickins. We certainly won't be going out since I'm about 7 months pregnant and besides, we have a four year old. My nine year old decided to stay at his dad's next weekend.

Usually we go for a New Year's Day hike at a state park nearby, but I'm not sure I'll be up for that this year. It's pretty rigorous, but I like to start the year with the best foot forward. I think maybe I'll go out for an easy hike to try some photos with my new camera that Santa brought. :)

We are going to a friend's house along with another couple. We all met through our kids (kids are friends at school). We will have some games & food.....probably even set the clocks back a few hours that way we can celebrate "NewYears" early for them & put them to bed....then we will be able to celebrate @ midnight!!

We stay HOME - too many drunks on the road to go anywhere, plus - it's hard to beat my DH's cooking! This year my 9 year old picked the snick snacks - he had never tried escargot - so we will make that for his sake, along with crab legs, lobster cakes and other munchies. We have our bottle of champagne for midnight and he has his sparkling cider,,, Ho, Hum, I know - but safe, secure and GREAT EATS!

Guest Deals4Me

We will be having a better evening than one would of thought!

We have to be at a Funeral Friday night, so we'll leave alex at the inlaws, and then pick him and them up the next afternoon and go upto Brookfield zoo with our free passes and see the whole zoo lit up and the people dressed up as charecters from rudolph and such, and since its new years, they'll have a celebration at 8, come back home and darren and I will have a mini party.

We are going to a friend's house along with another couple. We all met through our kids (kids are friends at school). We will have some games & food.....probably even set the clocks back a few hours that way we can celebrate "NewYears" early for them & put them to bed....then we will be able to celebrate @ midnight!!

what an idea!!!

ya know, that's not nice, and he'll (she'll?) eventually get revenge. mine always did anyway.

if you call revenge sitting on my lap while I'm working on my computer or sleeping on my bed next to me than she does that all the time... sometimes I think she is the one in charge.