Did anyone get the Sandisk MP3 player from Bestbuy after Thanksgiving?

2liltexans

It was supposed to come with 2 months of Napster + 10 free downloads. I bought 2 of them thinking that the freebies must have been in the package. NADA! How were the freebies given? Was it a rebate? I'm going to go in tomorrow and try to talk to a manager about this. I have the receipt and a copy of the ad (thanks to this site), but am not sure what exactly to ask for.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Leslie

I didn't get them bf because I used the best buy bucks on them three weeks earlier so I missed out on the 10 free downloads. It was for my 12 yo so he doesn't care about poor reception and with the final price I paid I guess it will do. He's happy so I'm happy. He only gets 1 or 2 FM stations but since he just wants to listen to Led Zeppelin (he thinks he just invented them or something) I doubt he'll even use the FM tuner. Now if I could figure out a way to still get the downloads I might.....

Now if I could figure out a way to still get the downloads I might.....

We also tried it's MP3 capabilities which were very good. Just plug the USB cord into your computer, double click on My Computer, open the SanDisk drive and just drag and drop songs onto the MP3 Player. No special software is required.

I just opened mine. I bought it a BB on the 19th of Dec.. I had a code to use for 2 months of free napster + 3 free song downloads from another site + 26 issues of Rolling Stone magazine. Hard to believe I got all that for only $5 after the pricematch..$50 GC and the $10 rebate:g_dance:

We also tried it's MP3 capabilities which were very good. Just plug the USB cord into your computer, double click on My Computer, open the SanDisk drive and just drag and drop songs onto the MP3 Player. No special software is required.

DS is 12, he is as much of a computer geek as hubby and I are, within an hour after the presents he had the songs pulled off my computer and onto the player. He was nice and quiet in his song world for the rest of the day :)

got one, though didn't know about any freebies, maybe it came with them and i threw them out or something, i wouldn't use napster if it was free anyhow. i haven't tried the fm tuner, i actually forgot it had one, thanks for the reminder, although i would have still bought it if it didn't have an fm tuner, not really a selling point for me.

It was supposed to come with 2 months of Napster + 10 free downloads. I bought 2 of them thinking that the freebies must have been in the package. NADA! How were the freebies given? Was it a rebate? I'm going to go in tomorrow and try to talk to a manager about this. I have the receipt and a copy of the ad (thanks to this site), but am not sure what exactly to ask for.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Leslie

I got it.

Did you get the cd they handed out separately?

They were handing them out with the players at my BB.

If you didn't get it, I would go and see if they still have them.

Come to think of it, I haven't even opened it.

If you want it, PM me and I'll mail it to you.

Let me give you guys a little advice about Mp3 players...I bought a 20GB one last fall....I decided after ripping 200+ CD's that I would NEVER do that again, so I saved ALL the music to my portable hard drive after I was done with it. If you have one, definitely do it. I bought an Mp3 for my mom and one for my son. My mom's 1GB was done in like 3 minutes and my little boy's was done in about a minute...it honestly took them longer to choose the songs than it did for the computer to sync the drives. As for the napster thing. I totally forgot about it, and I went back to look at his, and his does not have the stuff in it.