scavenger hunts on Christmas...need ideas

crystalhicks

:sidesplit Has anyone ever sent anyone on a scavenger hunt for their Christmas gift? I need some ideas if you have. I have bought my husband a weight bench set and it is hid at his grandmothers house who only lives a few blocks from us so I want to send him on a fun little scavenger hunt to find it....any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

oo that's cool, ive seen it done on tv shows & stuff but im not sure how any of those things could help

you could come up with little rhymes that serve as clues for specific things in the direct path between your house & where it is, or you could send him all over town first lol

try searching online for something like scavenger hunt clues, im sure there are some ideas out there! good luck!

Many many years ago my parents sent my uncle on a scavenger hunt for his present. But we live in Ohio with snow and cold weather so the hunt was inside only.

It might be fun to get some neighbors involved. Maybe start the hunt tomorrow and finish with the last clue in Sunday's newspaper or a wrapped gift?

give hints to get him into each room, like go where you lay your head at night (which would be the pillow) then have another piece of paper there with another clue. Send him to another room and keep giving clues until he reaches the destination. Send him to the refridgerator, guys love food. give him a clue there! Have fun with it!

We did that one year with our two youngest sons. We had bought them each a guitar and knew there was no way to disquise the gift. The first clue was in a present under the tree. Each clue was in found in the next area wrapped as another gift. I can't remember the clues but thanks for reminding me of a happy memory!!

I've been on many scavenger hunts to find gifts. It started with my parents. And my DH used a Scavenger hunt around the neighborhood where I grew up in, and a lot of my family lives, to propose to me. It was quite an experience. I think a scavenger hunt can be a lot of fun.

Sorry I can't think of ideas of where to put clues, maybe put one in the refrigerator, bathroom, places outside (depending on the weather.)

That reminds me, I was actually going to send my baby sister on one this year for her "BIG" gift (she is getting a luggage set from my parents, and I've been storing it at my house, and it's too big to wrap, so I'm leaving it in the back of our SUV.) I guess I should get to work on that one.

I did this one time for my DD's birthday. It was so long ago that i don't remember the clues I gave her (of course she was an adolescent so the clues were REALLLY easy).

This year, Santa is going to trick my DS. He will have his dirt bike in the garage...but I am trying to find a clever way to get him into the garage without telling him to go. Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Good luck on the scavenger hunt...I am sure it will be a hit!!!