Do You Rearrange Your Ornaments?

Melissa

I gave up, I liked it when I was finished with it but since then:

My son thinks its funny to turn things around so that they are backwards as he knows that I do notice and it drives me batty.

My dog believes that everything on the tree within his reach, including when he can climb on the presents or the furniture to get there, that it is one giant gift basket of chewable new toys just for him.

I give up! It seems that everything has been moved closer to the top and they are all hanging backwards now!

Guest Deals4Me

LMAO... Sorry missyjane... its sad but funny

I have and I havent...3 year and and a kitten think its all toys to throw around the house. I swear I've threatened to pitch everything out...including the kid and furbaby...

our cat could care less about the tree...batting an ornament would be so beaneath her plus it would require movement from the perch LOL

Now the dogs on the other hand....The phrase "no happy tails by the tree" is getting a work out here

I am in the same boat as others up there^ What i have done is more about picking up then rearranging...

I don't do the rearranging. But my three children do. They don't play with them, they just truly rearrange them. The other night they were all three out there saying things like 'there's too many santa's on this side' 'angels should be up the highest' 'too much red' etc. I just listened and enjoyed quietly. They actually are pretty good at decorating it. Each year I let them put the ornaments on. I have two that I put on myself as they are heavier. But leave the rest up to them. They are my little 'clauses'.

Sometimes I'll find an "important" ornament after the tree is finished and have to do the shuffle. The tree is designed to hold lots of ornaments- my huge collection has been accumulating for 60 years, starting in the 1940's by my parents- so moving one means moving five or six others.

When I had real trees my cats loved to hang out, bat ornaments and snooze underneath. With the fake tree my four furbabies couldn't care less. It's just an obstacle in the way of one of their window perches.

Before I logged on I was looking at my tree and noticed that the "cool" ornaments are now bunched all together compliments of my children. Our dog and cat don't bother the tree at all, in fact once the tree goes up, it's hard to get my cat from under the tree, it's her favorite spot to lay. I remember one year I was on the phone with my parents when from their end I heard a big crash and than my dad laughing like crazy. Their cat had knocked the tree over! Now if it had been one of my kids doing that he wouldn't have thought it so funny.

Tomorrow before the relatives get here, I have to take EVRYTHING off the bottom 3 feet of tree and fix it. My 15 pound cat likes to nap in there and he squished the branches flat. My tree looks horrible. Plus I have a basket full of ornaments that have been batted off and used as hockey pucks. I don't know what is up with these cats this year- they usually mess with it for a day or two and thats it, but this year, it's been every single day since that tree was put up:eyepoppin .I think I need a guard dog for the tree. Rotten rotten critters. They are lucky I love them.