Need advice about giving boy cabbage patch kid to 5 yr DS

mjmcca

I think absolutely not a girly toy for a boy. I think its a good thing for a boy at that age to have a doll. I look at it as it will help prepare them to be better Fathers, better role models for children in the future as far as having a bit of a nuturing side to them.

I thought it would be cute for them to each have their own doll thats why i actively looked for the boy one. It was pretty hard to find!

Good it wasnt just me then, I have a set of b/g twins and she got one and I was gonna get him one but couldnt find a boy anywhere. I plan on getting him one if I ever see a boy.

My kids arent twins they are 17 months apart so close enough that they want some of the same toys. DS is into power rangers so DD is too but she only likes the girl power rangers. Do you know how hard it is to find the girl power rangers????

If you think that he would like it go right ahead.

My nephew was 3 yrs old when my daughter had her first christmas and we have him on video playing with her doll. He's 18 now and has had no lasting effects from it. :tongue1:

I bought my daughter a cabbage patch when she was around 2 or 3 and she still has it. She'll be 16 on the 26th.

If you think that he would like it go right ahead.

My nephew was 3 yrs old when my daughter had her first christmas and we have him on video playing with her doll. He's 18 now and has had no lasting effects from it. :tongue1:

I bought my daughter a cabbage patch when she was around 2 or 3 and she still has it. She'll be 16 on the 26th.

I think he may he has this one Teddy that he is attached to. If he hates it i guess i can always return it.

I think absolutely not a girly toy for a boy. I think its a good thing for a boy at that age to have a doll. I look at it as it will help prepare them to be better Fathers, better role models for children in the future as far as having a bit of a nuturing side to them.

I second Daworths8 thoughts.

Do you know how hard it is to find the girl power rangers????

I do! I do! LOL. I searched for WEEKS trying to find a stupid pink ranger. Lucked out at Kmart of all places. When they had the "buy the motorcycle, get a figure free" promo. There was ONE pink ranger. Guess who got it! LOL. Oh, my DD is 6, and she walked up to the counter in teh Disney store and said "Why dont you have GIRL power ranger stuff? Girls like Power Rangers too ya know!" And she walked away! LOL. It was hillarious!

Pink power rangers, I may have some at home and the yellow ranger..... my DS has them. He had to have them all. So I can relate to how hard they were to find. I dont think he plays with the pink and yellow ones anymore....The silver ranger was the one I had problems finding, several years ago....then after I got it, they reintroduced a platinum ranger...go figure. I paid $40.00 for that darn silver ranger new in box for him to tear into.

Oh and I dont think there is anything wrong with a boy having a doll, if he does not like it...give it to his sister. My DD has all my cabbage patch kids from the 80's . I had boys, girls, babys, foreign ones, cornsilks etc.

My 2 year old DS (almost 3) carries around a purple teddy bear!! He calls it his baby I think there is nothing wrong with it his 3 year old sister has babies so he wants one to. But he also likes to put on make up like his sister! LOL I just let him its not hurting anything! I figure he will out grow it my other boys did! I think the cabbage patch is a great idea!!!

I say give it to him. But it's hard to tell what his reaction will be. My guess is that if he's in preschool, he'll probably like it, but if he's hit Kindergarten, he might not. Ds would have been o.k. with a cabbage patch boy last year, but this year he :g_thumbsd at the idea of a :razz: DOLL. This is the same boy who has been dressed up and pestered into playing Pretty Pretty Princess by his sisters for years. :wizard:

We're getting our almost 6 year old DS a boy cabbage patch this year and he will be ESTATIC over it!! He has been sleeping/playing with my old one from the 80's. I can't believe our luck we found not only a boy, but he had soccer clothes on and our son started soccer this year. I know it will be a big hit! We've also been trying to find a similiar one (or any boy at this stage) for our almost 8 yo DS. He wants one too for his bed. But no luck finding any more boys.

So I see nothing wrong with giving him one!

We're getting our almost 6 year old DS a boy cabbage patch this year and he will be ESTATIC over it!! He has been sleeping/playing with my old one from the 80's. I can't believe our luck we found not only a boy, but he had soccer clothes on and our son started soccer this year. I know it will be a big hit! We've also been trying to find a similiar one (or any boy at this stage) for our almost 8 yo DS. He wants one too for his bed. But no luck finding any more boys.

So I see nothing wrong with giving him one!

Those boys were very hard to find! Mine has on a rugby type shirt. It is a really cute doll.

I don't see anything wrong with boys playing with dolls the boys in my neighborhood play Bratz with all the girls. My son is getting a whole box of Bratz that I got on Amazon buy two get one free I got them for 10.00 shipped. The only thing I put my foot down to is Care Bears. I am not going to buy him Care Bears (his friend who is a boy has one). I'm sure his Father would have a fit. He doesn't like the Bratz to begin with.

My 4 yr old sons Christmas list consisted of, Polly Pockets, a "baby doll", Dora shoes(the pretty pink ones mommy) and a Dora Talking House.

I'm getting a lot of flak for it, but he's getting all the girly stuff he asked for. Why shouldn't I get him what he actually wants, rather than what I, or anyone else, thinks he SHOULD want.

My nephew wanted a "kitchen" last year. My SIL was going to get it for him and my brother had a fit. I thought this was ridiculous. I understand that you always want your boys to be "boys." BUT good grief...my brother having a tantrum because his "boy doesn't need a girl's kitchen." I about slapped him in the face!!!! I get alot of slack because my DS has a pink polo shirt. They think it is awful that he is wearing a "pink shirt." And my son is as boyish as you can get.

Let kids be kids...if he doesn't like the cabbage patch...just another perk for his sister!!!!

I think its a great idea!!! I got one for my 5yo DD and my 3.5 yo DD and my DS who is 4 saw one he loved at TRU when they had the coupon I ran right over and picked him up one. My kids are 11 months and 10 months apart and are always playing house or school, heck they even play dress up together. The girls are the princesses and my DS is always some super hero that comes and saves them. I think a doll for a boy is great for their imagination and teaches them how to care for others!

Vicki