Help with MP3'S

whafs8

I bought a MP3 for my nephew and I need help with websites to download the songs. I am really confused. Some websites have a fee and then others are per song. I am not sure if the monthly fee is how many. Which website is the best and what do you get with a membership. Thanks.

I bought a MP3 for my nephew and I need help with websites to download the songs. I am really confused. Some websites have a fee and then others are per song. I am not sure if the monthly fee is how many. Which website is the best and what do you get with a membership. Thanks.

yahoo has one [ not sure of website name]

itunes.com

napster.com

aol has one i think

kazaa.com [free] [ads]

just be aware that anything that's 'free' is illegal

best way to go if he's gonna get a lot is to pay monthly, w/ which you almost always get unlimited downloads for that set price BUT w/ yahoo & itunes at least there's an additional charge IF you're going to burn the song to a cd (transfering to an mp3 player is fine)

sites that charge per song will be $0.88 (walmart i believe) & up, sometimes 2 or 3 bucks depending, but this can really add up

basically you pay & you have either a set amt of time (a month if that's what you paid for) to dl as much as you want, or you have an account & you're charged whenever you dl a song...itunes is by far the most popular (bc so many people have ipods), but i would research on price vs selection...most sites have millions of songs

best deal i think would be yahoo, which is $4.99/mo if you pay for a year, or $6.99 if you pay month by month, & $0.79 per song you want to burn to a cd

http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

ive prob confused you tho, try going to that site & read about the service

Ross, I will follow your request about not posting about those particular programs... GottaDeal doesn't want to get into any legal hot water... and I completely understand that... but I just wanted to say 1 thing... there is no such thing as an illegal P2P program... just actions that people take on them can be illegal. The media has just made it sound like... if you are not paying money for it, it is illegal. A lot of startup bands use these freebie programs as a way to get their music out then. Ok... I am done now. :D

Ross, I will follow your request about not posting about those particular programs... GottaDeal doesn't want to get into any legal hot water... and I completely understand that... but I just wanted to say 1 thing... there is no such thing as an illegal P2P program... just actions that people take on them can be illegal. The media has just made it sound like... if you are not paying money for it, it is illegal. A lot of startup bands use these freebie programs as a way to get their music out then. Ok... I am done now. :D

You are correct but I'd still prefer people not discuss P2P applications as it leaves us liable.

I"ve never bought an mp3 so I couldn't say. Heck I don't even own an mp3 player.

Yea, you don't send someone to p2p unless they expressly ask for it. And you certianly don't do it here. There are plenty of places to read about and discuss that type of stuff. Oh, and like soap opera characters, the dead have a way of coming back.