How did I get so behind????

outnumbered

Christmas is in five days! ACK! I've been shopping since October and I still am not done. Have to buy for my mom and dad TODAY and get my boxes out. At this point they have to be shipped priority so they'll get there. ARGH. I just hate last-minute shopping. I haven't even made cookies yet. What happened to December? It's almost all gone already! And I've made no plans yet for my oldest's birthday--he will be 6 on New Year's Eve.

Gotta get crackin'...

you should ship them ups, fedex or dhl...

Don't use DHL, they really suck. We were supposed to get an overnight AM delivery.....it got here 5 days after it was supposed to right before closing time. Of course UPS isn't much better, they left a package of mine in PA overnight, and again left overnight in IL delaying it by two days.

Christmas is in five days! ACK! I've been shopping since October and I still am not done. Have to buy for my mom and dad TODAY and get my boxes out. At this point they have to be shipped priority so they'll get there. ARGH. I just hate last-minute shopping. I haven't even made cookies yet. What happened to December? It's almost all gone already! And I've made no plans yet for my oldest's birthday--he will be 6 on New Year's Eve.

Gotta get crackin'...

Try the FedEx kinko's for shipping the box out. I used the calculators on the UPS, USPS and FEDEx's sites to see which would be cheaper to mail the inlaws package yesterday and FedEx Ground won. They were $17.25 and the box was 26.6 pounds (I estimated 28), I hve a tracking number and they will get the package by tomorrow. It was about $10 less than USPS Priority and a LOT less than UPS. You would be in a different zone, but you can play with the shipping calculators and see what's the best way for you.

I just realized how close it was this morning :( I have to get things baked for our son's school party - putting together a goody basket for all the kids and I haven't even started. That needs to be done by tomorrow night because Thursday is his last day before break.

I just finally sent out my cards yesterday and we'll be lucky if they make it to their destinations by Christmas. For what it's worth, we were told at the post office that this week, priority mail is running about about 5 days instead of 2-3 because they're so busy. I always thought it was supposed to be guaranteed 2-3, but I guess it's not?

Still have to get shopping done for our parents and I have to get out to buy hubby's yet!!! This month has definitely been flying by here!

you should ship them ups, fedex or dhl...

The last time I calculated postage/shipping, it said that UPS was cheaper than the mail. So I went there...and wound up being charged $2 more than the website said for shipping that took 6 days, instead of the 4 days the website said! So I am not in a hurry to go back.

I have no clue where a FedEx even is around here. I'm not going to go across town looking for one, either. There is a post office and a UPS store on post so it's one or the other. I wish there was a FedEx on post though as I've heard they are much cheaper than a person tends to expect them to be.

Try the FedEx kinko's for shipping the box out. I used the calculators on the UPS, USPS and FEDEx's sites to see which would be cheaper to mail the inlaws package yesterday and FedEx Ground won. They were $17.25 and the box was 26.6 pounds (I estimated 28), I hve a tracking number and they will get the package by tomorrow. It was about $10 less than USPS Priority and a LOT less than UPS. You would be in a different zone, but you can play with the shipping calculators and see what's the best way for you.

Ohhhhh...that's right...they merged with Kinko's. Darn it, that is right by the mall, where I just was an hour ago! I don't want to drive all the way back down there...shoot...I'm going to have to calculate and see if it's worth it. I *so* don't want to take the kids across town again.

Ohhhhh...that's right...they merged with Kinko's. Darn it, that is right by the mall, where I just was an hour ago! I don't want to drive all the way back down there...shoot...I'm going to have to calculate and see if it's worth it. I *so* don't want to take the kids across town again.

Oh that sucks!! I'm sorry :(

I know how I got so far behind. There's this great website, with lots of great deals and if I am not here..um..i mean..there. :) ...I could miss out on a great deal. So the boxes wait a little longer to get wrapped, and the store does not see me much....it's not all bad, I did get a free skirt from bluefly that I can now give to a co-worker and have none of my usual "I spent too much on that" feelings. ;)

The remaining gifts to be bought are at the grocery store. I'm giving chocolate and assorted candy to friends and the staff at my vets' clinic. There is NO WAY I could buy the candy far in advance. Too tempting to eat "just one piece". A couple of plants, a bottle of wine and that's it. Except for wrapping everything. Ugh. Wrapping. Everything.

I thought I was done wrapping and then I remembered where I hid some more presents!! I will have to go get them tomorrow and do that. I still need to bake cookies, and clean house my DH's mom and stepdad arrive on Friday so I want to be finished by then. UGH I still need to wrap the adults stockings too.

The last time I calculated postage/shipping, it said that UPS was cheaper than the mail. So I went there...and wound up being charged $2 more than the website said for shipping that took 6 days, instead of the 4 days the website said! So I am not in a hurry to go back.

I have no clue where a FedEx even is around here. I'm not going to go across town looking for one, either. There is a post office and a UPS store on post so it's one or the other. I wish there was a FedEx on post though as I've heard they are much cheaper than a person tends to expect them to be.

Well the normal time for priority is 2 to 3 days, but I sent some ornaments to a friend last Monday (the 12th) and I sent them priority, here it is Tuesday and she still hasn't received them yet. :mad: I would ask the post office, if you send them priority, if they will really be there in 2 to 3 days.

I'm right there with you! 5 days to go and I still have only half of my baking done. Haven't even shopped for the lunch trays for our best accounts. I still have a few things to pick up for DH. Then there is the teachers and my DD's class to buy goodies for. Plus I have to take the kids shopping for Daddy gifts and little things for each other. Then to top it off my #!%#$ FIL has decided he wants to do Hanukkah tomorrow night. UMMM HELLO its 8 days long you can't pick one of them. So that means I can get NOTHIGN done tomorrow night and friday I will have to deal with cranky kids while shopping since they will be out late tomorrow but still have to get up early for school!

I need a drink!

Vicki

Never have I been behind like I am this year. I am usually one of those people that find bargains all year and save them for Christmas. I think because dh was in Korea unitl mid July and we moved from Va to Hi at the end of July, it really threw me off. I have the bulk of the gifts bought and wrapped but I can't help but feel like I am forgetting something.