xmas gift bummer

mojaxs34

i bought a RCA 5 disc bookshelf stereo from walmart.. i got it out of layaway about a 6 weeks ago.. i let my fiance open it up friday night. it worked fine. the next day it went on the blink.. volume wouldnt work, couldnt change the cd's. So i called walmart this morning and told them. they told me to just bring it in with the receipt and everything it came with. i told the lady that we threw out the box. she said no problem. i really hope they have one in stock because my fiance really liked it. :( :(

Not sure how well you liked this unit, but my family has had 2 of them and they arent that great, they do go out on you after just having them a short time, the cd player quits working after while it just quits changing discs at first then it quits playing them at all, Id see if they would give you a credit toward another brand but I guess it depends on how much you will use it also.

Awww that sucks. Hey atleast ya found the problem b4 Christmas saves the hassle of standing in the long return lines afterwards. Hope all goes well exchanging it.

That happened with us with a DVD player a few weeks ago, worked just fine for a week then it wouldnt read any discs, just kept spinning and spinning, they replaced it with no problems.

Awww that sucks. Hey atleast ya found the problem b4 Christmas saves the hassle of standing in the long return lines afterwards. Hope all goes well exchanging it.

That happened with us with a DVD player a few weeks ago, worked just fine for a week then it wouldnt read any discs, just kept spinning and spinning, they replaced it with no problems.

Did you buy this dvd player from Wal-mart? If you did what brand is it. I ask b/c I bought the $48 dvd/vcr combo on BF but have not opened it or hooked it up yet I will do that on christmas and I just don't want it to quit working on me. Any help would be appreciated.

You never know whats defective do you. I bought a cheap mini stereo from radio shack a month or so ago. Used it 3 hours and it died. Pissed me off because I work at the airport, and its not that easy to get one through security. Worked out well though becuase when I took it back, the did not have anymore, so they sold me the new model for half off. Its alot better. Thats one reason I hate buying any electronics on BF. If something does happen and they don't have any, normally your sol and all you get is your money back. You lost all that time you waited in line. Luckly what I bought was just on clearance and they let me get the new one. Did have to make 3 trips though as the first store sold me one they did not have, and then when I finally got one it broke. Oh well.