If you bought a Vsmile Console..

civicracinggirl7

Remember that it requires either 3 "C" batteries or an AC adapter.

I went with my mom last night so she could pick up one for my oldest niece (5). TRU only had one console left on the shelf, so we grabbed that. Then underneath where we got the console, it had a pricetag for an adapter for $9.99. Sure enough, the back of the box says that it requires either batteries or the adapter.

I think it's ridiculous that people pay $60 (my mom paid $50) for something and they can't even give you a power adapter for it.

Then to top things off, TRU didn't have any games that were young enough for my niece to play (they were all ~7 years). We headed to WM to try to get a game and adapter, and they had tons of the consoles on the shelf. We were able to get her a game, but there were no adapters to be found. I asked an employee and he said they just don't stay on the shelves, everytime they put them out they're gone.

So we had to just go with the "C" batteries, and will let her parents find the adapter after Christmas.

Thanks for the head up! My 4 year old is getting this from Santa this year, so I better make sure Santa doesn't forget :giggle: Would rather spend $10 on an adapter instead of constantly buying batteries like we did with the plug n play games :eyepoppin because of little boys always forgetting to turn them OFF...lol.

They will run on a set of good batteries for a LONG time. I guess the point is then young kids won't try to plug it in or unplug it. Just thought I would let you know one set of batteries will run the thing a LONG time

Mara

Guest Deals4Me

I bought the VSmile Bundle avail thru Samsclub which included 2 joysticks the adapter, and two games for $69. Great deal!

OH ARHGGG!!

My mom bought this for alex...darn...wish I had known earlier....

Meijers had a ton of vsmile power adapters stocked. they had all of their games at $13.90 on clearance..i know they are regularly $20. I bought six games, plus I got the console for only $39.99 there. The adapter is $10.

I agree that it's terrible that they don't include the power adapter. Doesn't make any sense. And I am NOT going to be buying C batteries for that thing all the time. :(

We got the Vsmile for $49 - 10% emp disc = $45ish

Then we grabbed 2 games and PM'd them from Target's ad for $14.99.

I didn't realize it didn't COME with an AC plug. I think I will just buy some rechargable batteries... that way... I can just charge them... and she can tote the machine to grandma's for weekend stayovers.

We made that mistake last year, we got one for my daughter for Xmas and didn't realize that it needed batteries or the adapter, silly us for thinking that a power cord would actually come with it. Luckily I always buy extra batteries before christmas just for cases like that!