Do you display your Christmas cards?

treasure60

I usually tape them to the pantry door in the kitchen, but so far they're just in a pile. I'm just so behind on those little details this year. Oh well, priorities I guess! At least we got the tree up last night, which was a task in itself, because ds4 says that you're not supposed to put the tree up until Santa is coming. I'm not sure if he's convinced that it's ok to put it up, but we went ahead and put it up anyway!

Isaw an episode on HGTV where they took ribbon and tied it tightly around a pole in the house or a column. Well I don't have a pole or column but I have a breakfast bar that has a square pole. So I got some pretty wire with stars and wrapped it tightly. It looks really pretty. You slide the cards under the ribbon. Very cute idea.

We haven't gotten any :( Of course, that's probably my fault since I haven't sent any the past 2 years :giggle: I sent out a bunch this year (but not until today because I was waiting for the kids' Christmas pictures). So, I doubt I'll get any this year either. IF we do, I don't know what we'll do with them - probably display them on top of our entertainment center (since we wouldn't have that many).

Isaw an episode on HGTV where they took ribbon and tied it tightly around a pole in the house or a column. Well I don't have a pole or column but I have a breakfast bar that has a square pole. So I got some pretty wire with stars and wrapped it tightly. It looks really pretty. You slide the cards under the ribbon. Very cute idea.

That's a really cute idea...I'll have to try that next yr! :)

We have big swinging doors that go from out kitchen to dining room and kitchen to hallway that have glass panes. So I tape one card to each pane and I have wreaths that the kids have made on them as well. We keep them open since they are HEAVY and one whack with them could easily knock one of the kids out so it looks really nice.

That reminds me I think i should probably get our cards out. That is if I can find the darn things!

Vicki

I usually hang them around the border of our walkway into the living room, but Im not bothering with it this year. I will be packing as soon as Christmas is over with, I only have some selected Christmas decorations out. We are moving out of this house by January 10-20th.

I tacked up a red satin ribbon around the door frame from the kitchen to the family room. I got mini clothespins and clipped the cards to the ribbon. It's already full, and I have about 10-15 more cards to hang, so I will probably do the same thing on the door frame going from the kitchen to the foyer.

My dad made a wooden sleigh with a jigsaw sometime in the late 40's for holding Christmas cards, and it always sat on a table next to the front door. It's painted red with silver rails, and about 12" X 9" X 12" tall. My dad died when I was 2 so I don't remember him, but I cherish this sleigh since it's my only connection to him. It was passed down to me when my mother died, and I'll pass it on to my daughter. Hopefully it will still be intact when my granddaughter gets it. Some family heirloom, huh? When you grow up poor strange things take on great significance.