Do you buy your Pets a gift

CG480

I buy my dog gifts for Christmas, because my DH and I have no children so he is our child. My parents also buy gifts for him, because he is their grandpup. This year I bought gifts for 3 dogs besides mine. I spent a total of about $40.00 on all 4 (Target's $1.00 section had some really cool dog toys), so I guess about $10.00 a piece. My parents spent 20.00 on my dog this year. They got him a pet hammock.

Eddie (my Boston Terrier) will get a stocking from Santa. Santa usually puts a dog bone & some biscuits in there. This year (if I can afford it), Santa might bring him a sweater. Eddie is the biggest wus when it is cold outside. He barely will walk outside to use the bathroom!!!

My Lab is 10 now but still loves Christmas. She gets treats from Santa every year. Christmas morning while the kids are opening up gifts, she is busy sniffing under the tree for hers. When she finds it, she runs off with it to rip off the wrapping paper. She is so cute. We will really miss her when she's gone.

I always get our cats something - last year I got the pet stocking from walmart, but all the toys fell apart so I'm going to get them a few things that are better quality...I really want to get them a Kitty Condo (we have a 2 hole one right now, but that doesn't work well for 3 cats). Hubby thinks I'm kinda weird, but oh well :giggle:

I have 2 dogs that are totally spoiled and get a bunch of Christmas gifts as well LOL I think they have about 5 gifts under the tree this year. Bones, cookies and toys. I have probably spent about $40 on those. I also buy for our friends 2 dogs that mine play with and I will get each of them a candy cane bone, so another $10-20 or so for them. My dogs are my kids too so I like to spoil them as well with things :trampolin

I usually get my 2 cats and dog small gifts. I got them the pet stockings that Target had last year in the dollar spot and then got the cats new collars and treats since they don't like toys and I hate stepping on them! LOL Then the dog got some chews and treats! :) We don't go overboard on them, it's the usual stuff that you buy your pets but we just save it in their stocking!! LOL :P

Guest Deals4Me

I buy our cat Sammy gifts. I haven't spent more then $20 on her. Treats and rubber "bouncy" balls (the little ones) -- she thinks she's a dog and plays fetch with them, barks and growls too. She gets a real attitude if you don't throw them far enough!

our female does that too! But with baby bottle nipples! Its to funny.

Guest Deals4Me

Eddie (my Boston Terrier) will get a stocking from Santa. Santa usually puts a dog bone & some biscuits in there. This year (if I can afford it), Santa might bring him a sweater. Eddie is the biggest wus when it is cold outside. He barely will walk outside to use the bathroom!!!

Try Target, I saw last night, sweaters and dog scarfs at the dollar spot.... might help a little...their more for look than warmth.

Guest Deals4Me

Absolutely!! My dogs and cat get presents at Christmas.

They also have birthday parties on their birthdays.

thank god! I thouhgt me and my sis in law were the only nut jobs that did this!!!

I have three babies... Mozart, Willow and RJ....They are as much my children as my son is....

Our cats get tuna. A really cheap Christmas gift would be a box of Q-tips. Plenty to last the whole year. We have a kitten that also loves to destroy rolls of toilet paper and paper towels, so that's another idea. Another of our cats likes twistie ties, the kind that come on a loaf of bread. All like the bouncy balls.

Oh, and get a laser pointer too. You'll get exhausted just watching them chase after it. I've seen them at dollar stores before. All of our cats love this, and our dog Snoopy loved it, and my mom's dog loves it too.

they are my children too- so they have stockings. But I only fill them with their favorite treats and maybe a toy-stuff I would be buying throughout the year anyway. Kahlua gets dentabones and she's getting a new collar. The kids may buy her a small bag of the shaped dog biscuits Petco has - they seem to like giving her them. My cat Chase- is totally my baby(he doesn't like anyone else) so he''ll be getting his fav soft treats and a new cat tease toy for my 5 yr old to torture him with(they have this weird stalking each other relationship) I'll spend a total of about 20.00 on the two.

Oops- I forgot- I'm babysitting my coworker's dog newman Christmas week- so I have to get him treats too! Add on another 10- he's huge!