Power inverter

abentley

I'll ask my hubby and get back to you. He always has one in his work van and even got me one for the car. I LOVE IT! I didn't see the point of it at first, but now I certainly do! It's really nice to be able to recharge things (laptops, cameras, etc.) and also to plug things in.

I bought one at the truck stop for my hubby, he drives a truck. It was not a deal and I dont even remember what I paid, but it works very well and he uses it on a daily basis. I had bought one previously at walmart and it was not strong enough to do what he wanted but I should have known this because it ws only $30 or so. I returned it. I wish walmart carried more ac adaptor stuff to use in vehicles for just this reason. Oh well, I hope this helps. Good luck in your search.

Menards has Peak brand ones that seem to hold up pretty well. Not badly priced either, the lower end ones are about $20-$25. I work at a construction company and we have foremen with laptops in their trucks that use them quite a bit. We have also purchased some from Staples, those don't tend to hold up as well though. The Peak ones can be plugged into the cigarette lighter or hooked to the battery directly.

My hubby said that if there's a Granger near you, you might want to check there. He said there is one in almost every state. He said that all inverters are basically the same but make sure it has an external fuse on it for easy changing. The higher the wattage, the better the inverter, because you can run more than one thing. He said if it won't work in the cigarette lighter, it normally won't work on the battery because the battery is likely dead. Also, if it is plug-in only, you can buy an adaptor with the clip to hook it to the battery for a few bucks at Radio Shack.