2 weeks from tonight is Christmas Eve-are you ready?

HansieDZ

I finished my shopping this weekend, but I have wrapped nothing.  I hate wrapping and usually wait until the night before Christmas Eve. I've always shipped my boys off to their Gra-ma's house to spend the night that night.  This year, my oldest son and his wife and their 2 children live with me, so that old plan doesn't really work anymore :).  Everything is in my office, because there is NOWHERE to hide anything at my house (we're a little full, lol).  I was thinking I would come in next weekend and get everything wrapped and store it in the back of my car.  Now they're saying we may get another round of winter weather move in Friday and Saturday, so that may be too big a gamble.  I'll probably stay late at the office tonight and get everything wrapped, then load it in my car no later than Friday.  I'm a little nervous about that because I'm afraid of someone breaking into the car, but with a little luck and a lotta prayer, hopefully they'll be safe.

Can you store the gifts at a friend or family members home? Or even keep them at the office until Christmas Eve? 

LOL jakesmommy403 - too funny...I've seen TSO before, so I didn't know if there was something that went wrong or what.  It's our family tradition to go and have fun, so I think we'll be ok.  I agree with the hair flinging...that cracks us up every time.  It's very "theatrical"  (and I use that term somewhat loosely) :) 

I STILL have not wrapped anything.  I'm looking at the pile of presents next to my desk at work and starting to think maybe I'm only going to wrap a couple of things and put everything else in gift bags.  I think the trains will just be set up ready to run, so that alleviates having to wrap them.  My boys are getting some stuffed characters and those look tricky to wrap, so they might just be sitting by the fireplace. I'll have to wrap Santa's gifts, and probably one or two others for each kid.  I feel better already :) 

I'm trying to forget the notion forming in my mind that I should do stockings for all the people that are going to be with us for Christmas.  That's just crazy thinking.  Well, that and the fact that my almost 4yo told me the other night that he secretly hopes Santa is bringing him a puppy. :eyepoppin

It took us almost 4 hours, but my sister came to the office and helped and we got everything wrapped.  Almost everything - my dil wants to wrap the grandbabies' stuff so I'll take it home to her. Don't know where she's going to hide it.

Can you store the gifts at a friend or family members home? Or even keep them at the office until Christmas Eve? 

I can leave it at the office till probably Friday.  The problem is, in Oklahoma we don't get a LOT of ice and snow, so when we do we don't drive if we don't absolutely have to . Cause we stink at it. LOL. Add to that that I live outside the metro area, and they do NOTHING to our highway into our town, so getting to the interstate to get to the office is the most dangerous part. So, I'm afraid if the storm this weekend is as bad as they're predicting (which it usually isn't but this would be THAT time), I won't be able to get to the office Monday to load it all up. It would be the same if I left it at someone else's house, because we live in the boondocks.

I have had the last of shopping on hold until payday this weekend as my husband had emergency surgery a week ago and the surgeon wanted cash up front for the insurance deductible...$2500! Cleaned us out and I had to take a couple of gift back for refunds :( but we are making it. i should have had the deductible saved up but ..who knew?! 

I have had the last of shopping on hold until payday this weekend as my husband had emergency surgery a week ago and the surgeon wanted cash up front for the insurance deductible...$2500! Cleaned us out and I had to take a couple of gift back for refunds :( but we are making it. i should have had the deductible saved up but ..who knew?! 

Hoping your husband's good health is the best gift you receive this year!

• Like 2

So, one week from today,Christmas will be pretty much be over for most of us (I will still have my family's Christmas to celebrate on Jan. 2 as I live 300 miles away and will travel to be there).

As far as gifts go,I'm in pretty good shape although I am waiting on quite a few (Amazon Prime don't fail me now!). Still haven't wrapped a single gift but I've teenaged helpers and a few days yet!

I am hoping that all of you are finding time to enjoy the spirit of this wondrous time. In thinking of and doing for others,don't forget to take time for yourself and do something that makes you happy :)

• Like 4

So how's everyone doing?  All done with the shopping and wrapping?  I bought one more thing for my brother's dog and realized I'm out of wrapping paper, so I shoved it into one of the giftbags with one of his other gifts. (Dogs don't care about presentation.)  Tomorrow I'm heading to my BFF's house an hour and a half away so we can have some girl time and exchange presents.  Then Sunday is the big cookie baking extravaganza in my kitchen. On the roster for this year: Cherry Dandies, PB Kisses, Molasses cookies, Chocolate Mint cookies, sugar cookies decorated by my two mini chefs, and snickerdoodles. 

We're so close to Christmas I could scream with excitement! I hope everything is going smoothly for all of you. 

• Like 1

All gifts but one are wrapped. The one left is a computer for my younger 2 kids to share. I wanted to get it set up for them so when it's opened they can use it right away. Some night after they go to bed I'll do it.

The food is bought for when my mom comes for Christmas Eve dinner and for Christmas morning.

It snowed some today so I'm hoping to get to the store tomorrow to pick up a few more groceries.

Another snow storm is going to hit on Sunday, plus the Packer game, and my kids are now off from school until next year so today was my deadline to get stuff done.

• Like 1

I did a Power Wrapping session of 4 hours today and am almost done!

Maybe an hour left to get the last few things wrapped and stocking stuffers organized.

Congrats to all who have everything ready for the Big Day and can enjoy the next few days!

I am STILL waiting  on a package I ordered from Nomorerack.com on Nov.29-they said they would express mail it to me but it's not here yet. It's on DD9's list so I really need this.I love online shopping but actually going to the store and coming home with what you need is a good thing too.

I'm so excited to see the happiness when my loved ones open their gifts!!!

:cheesy:

• Like 1

I think I am finally done, yay! In a few minutes I will pull everything out from under the tree and rearrange with all the new additions. Gotta wait for the cat to finish her nap, under the tree is her favorite sleeping spot.

Today I will make jelly and some dough, then tomorrow I will start with cookies and candies.

• Like 1

Looks like we're all on the home stretch! All of our friend/neighbor gifts have been exchanged, cookies are baked, and I've boxed up all the presents that are going over to my parents' house on Christmas Eve.  And the grocery shopping is done.  Tomorrow I'll make my casseroles and stick them in the fridge, and other than that I *should* be ready to go! My kids have reached fever-pitch excitement and Santa can not get here fast enough. 

• Like 1

All gifts bought and wrapped including all stocking stuffers.   Today was clean house and laundry day (as guests are coming Tuesday for a few days).    Grocery shopping all done this morning.  Tomorrow is baking day.    A lot of work for mom let me tell ya!  First time ever my husband has to work christmas eve so I have to play hostess until he comes home at 7pm. Yes that late. So upset.