Hiding Places :)

huseboy

Ok, thought it would neat if everyone gave out there hiding places. I have had several because I have to keep changing them because he is getting older and is better in searching. But mostly I stash his items at the neighbors house. Single or couple with no kids so they dont mind. Where is yours????

I just wrap them up and put them under the tree? You guys must be buying some really odd-shaped presents (a bike wrapped up under the tree might be a bit obvious).

I guess for those special items from you-know-who that aren't wrapped, you'd need a good place. Haven't had a need yet, but if it's small it could go in the trunk of the car (when I was a kid I never thought to look there, which was fine cause that's never where they were). Larger and they'd probably have to stay with my parents, kids can always find the hiding spots, trust me!

I have my older kids convinced that there is a room in their Grandmas basement, that they have never seen. my older ones are 17 & 15 and this has worked for 13 years. I will make a comment about "having to run up there", and they fall for it! Actually there could actually be a room in her basement that none of us have ever seen. Anyway, that takes the pressure off of my house and my little ones haven't snooped yet!! I also will wrap things that I don't want to "hide" and put them under the tree with their Dads name on the tag. They don't seem interested in what he is getting!!!

I use my bedroom closet. There is always under the bed and the garage when I run out of room. My kids know to stay out of my room when the closet door is open. Of course I normally just close myself in when I am geting clothes or shoes since I have to shift things around.

One year we hid everything in a chest freezer in the basement. That was the best hiding place. No one knew anything was there and the kids don't go in the basement much anyway. (the freezer was unplugged for whole house electrical upgrade so no frozen gifts)

I have a ton of storage bins in my office year round. I use them to organize my ebay stuff. Well- my ebay sales for winter clothing are over- and I use the bins for the gifts. DS (12) doesn't have a clue. I keep the top bins w/ some random "ebay" type items.

Now- I have to hide my husbands gifts too. Those are in my son's closet on a shelf (wrapped).

I have an area in my basement that has boxes of stored things in them, I have always kept a blanket on them so dust don't settle. So when I buy gifts they go on top of the boxes and under blanket. The kids have no clue as to why the blanket gets higher, they don't even notice. Also I have a lock on my basement door and my children are not allowed down there without an adult, so no time for snooping.

Also, I sometimes use my trunk, but at times that place has gotten ruined by a snoopy ten yr old of mine. :)

Patty

My oldest (17) doesn't look for his presents. He says that he can't think of a more awful Christmas morning than knowing what he was going to get. Last year I hid the little guy's gifts in the oldest's closet, but this year they're in dh's closet since it's small (Game Boy) and easy to hide. Santa doesn't wrap gifts, so those are the only ones being hidden. The rest have been wrapped since Thanksgiving Saturday.

Guest all2tired
I had always kept them in the basement but now the kids venture down there to play. Over the summer, my dh finally finished putting the floor in the attic so this year everything is up there except for dd's bike. That's hidden in the basement and waiting to be assembled

I put them in our bedroom closet - the kids don't snoop much yet. They know they aren't allowed in our bedroom simply because they leave the door open and our cats get in our closet and hide. Then we lock our room when we have a babysitter, which is hardly ever.

I'm a SAHM and hubby works out of the home, so we're home all the time with them :giggle:

My mom always left them in the bags beside her side of the bed, right beside her head

LOL! That's where mine are! They are all wrapped now though since my 10 yr old went snooping a couple weeks ago! Next year I'll definatly have to find a new place to hide all the gifts!