Oh my gosh; I've spent over $600 on my mom this Christmas

MarkRaby

Tallying everything up this evening, I realize that the amount of stuff I got for my mom is kind of disproportionate to what I bought for other members of my family (but maybe that is because she has been talking about wanting some high-end stuff more so than the others). Anyway, here's her present list this year:

- Tassimo Machine (http://www.tassimo.com): $105

- 3 extra packs of Tassimo T-Discs: $20

- Roomba Scheduler: $210

- The Martha Rules: $11

- Jigsaw Puzzle: $10

- KitchenAid Mixer: $180

- Frasier: The Complete 6th Season: $35

- Pyramid Home Game: $7

- Dick Van Dyke DVD: $4

- "Smart" Crockpot: $60

TOTAL: ~$642

(For those wondering, the great prices on the Tassimo machine and Roomba are from me using my Best Buy Bucks -- those reflect what I actually had to pay to get them, not the price they were at Best Buy when I bought them. They essentially ended up being 40% off. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it)

One thing's for sure: my mom is going to have a great Christmas!

-Mark-

By the way, just to illustrate my craziness about Christmas a little better, here are the approximate totals of how much I've spent for the rest of my family:

Dad: ~$100

Brother: ~$200

Sister: ~$500

I don't play favorites. I got everyone some major things that they wanted this year. It's just unbelievably hard to shop for my dad and brother. They always say they don't want anything...actually, I kind of do that too. I guess it's just a guy thing.

-Mark-

You are a good son. :)

Well, of course, if I were to count up the past 18 years, I'm sure my mom's Christmas gifts to me would equal about $4,000, whereas mine to hers would probably equal less than 10% of that. I'm just trying to pay back for all the great things she's done for me in years past.

Moms of young children here should pay particular attention to this thread ;).

-Mark-

Could you talk to my sons? I do not expect them to spend that much but it would be nice if they knew what I liked and wanted.

You should just tell them. I probably never would have bought the things like the Roomba and Crockpot had she not mentioned that she really would like them.

-Mark-

By the way, just to illustrate my craziness about Christmas a little better, here are the approximate totals of how much I've spent for the rest of my family:

Dad: ~$100

Brother: ~$200

Sister: ~$500

I don't play favorites. I got everyone some major things that they wanted this year. It's just unbelievably hard to shop for my dad and brother. They always say they don't want anything...actually, I kind of do that too. I guess it's just a guy thing.

-Mark-

Just for the fun of it what did you get the others in your family?? Are these the only family members you shop for?

Just for the fun of it what did you get the others in your family?? Are these the only family members you shop for?

For my aunt, so far, I've bought a nice Godiva gift box, a printer for her computer, and a $25 Pier 1 gift card. I also have bought a couple books for my grandma, in addition to a plaque thing that reads "World's Greatest Grandmother".

These are the only family members that live close to us. For our main out-of-state relatives, we usually just send a nice fruit basket or something from all of us.

-Mark-

Well, of course, if I were to count up the past 18 years, I'm sure my mom's Christmas gifts to me would equal about $4,000, whereas mine to hers would probably equal less than 10% of that. I'm just trying to pay back for all the great things she's done for me in years past.

Moms of young children here should pay particular attention to this thread ;).

-Mark-

I am! I am paying attention! This year I found many things for my mom, but feel bad if I buy my mom a ton of stuff and not my dad. It's weird, because I think he wouldn't even care.

Anyway - what's The Martha Rules?

Tallying everything up this evening, I realize that the amount of stuff I got for my mom is kind of disproportionate to what I bought for other members of my family (but maybe that is because she has been talking about wanting some high-end stuff more so than the others). Anyway, here's her present list this year:

- Tassimo Machine (http://www.tassimo.com): $105

- 3 extra packs of Tassimo T-Discs: $20

- Roomba Scheduler: $210

- The Martha Rules: $11

- Jigsaw Puzzle: $10

- KitchenAid Mixer: $180

- Frasier: The Complete 6th Season: $35

- Pyramid Home Game: $7

- Dick Van Dyke DVD: $4

- "Smart" Crockpot: $60

TOTAL: ~$642

(For those wondering, the great prices on the Tassimo machine and Roomba are from me using my Best Buy Bucks -- those reflect what I actually had to pay to get them, not the price they were at Best Buy when I bought them. They essentially ended up being 40% off. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it)

One thing's for sure: my mom is going to have a great Christmas!

-Mark-

Dear Mark

My Adoption papers for you are final. You may now start shopping for ME! ROFL Just kidding of course!

Thank You,

Your 2nd Mom

That is very sweet of you. She must be very proud to have a thoughtful son like you! :heart:

Did ya leave anything for the rest of them to buy her???? Just kidding...wish I had a son like you.

Actually, my dad got her a 27" Flat Tube TV/DVD/VCR combo ($400 from H.H. Gregg), and my brother/sister/aunt/grandma really don't have the ability to buy really nice gifts (either from money or mobility restrictions), so basically other than the gifts from me and my dad, she's getting a bunch of small (but thoughtful) gifts.

-Mark-