Official One-and-Only "What I Got" & "My Black Friday Experience" Thread

Brad

I did AWESOME hit kohls at 6 am got the chaps slippers I was after (found the last pair in my size laying on the ground.), found the pajamas I wanted (going to be a Christmas gift from mom), some body sprays for $5 regular $12.99 that werent even marked as on sale, and a remote controlled 4 wheeler for BFF's little boy for Christmas for $9 regular $30. Then I went to Target and grabbed Silver Linings Playbook and Safe Haven and down to Bath and body works and got the antibacterial soap for $2.50. Kohls still had stacks and stacks of the tv's left.

• Like 1

Best Buy online:

Kindle Fire HD

Grand Theft Auto V

Xbox 360 Black Friday Bundle

Xbox 360 Camouflage controller

I received shipping notification for all of the items. Made me happy!

Went to Kmart yesterday morning to buy the Furby Boom for our niece and nephews. Other than the guy screaming at a sales associate (because the item he wanted was out of stock), it was pretty quiet. My sister and I got the Furby's and were out of the store in about 15 minutes.

I haven't left the house today. Dh and I are supposed to go to Gander Mtn. later on. I'm surprised that he even mentioned going out today since he isn't a fan of Black Friday. Crossing my fingers that traffic isn't too bad and the store isn't crowded.

• Like 1

Kohl's and micheals were both about as busy as they usually are. Nothing crazy. Bass pro however was insane. The line went all though the store. It moved pretty fast because they had 20 checkouts open. People were parking in the grass but I was able to find a spot to park. Edited by jnorris28

I had a blast!!  I got everything on my list and for the first time ever didn't leave the comfort of my home to head out to any stores.  I've never ever done all my shopping online before. This was awesome.  I've had my xmas music on, my kids hanging out, I've been in my little slippers with a glass of wine or cup of coffee...honestly, it's been so much fun. I thought I might miss going to the stores but I haven't.  I got A TON!!  Here we go:

Kohls.com

2 Memory Foam Mattress Toppers $30 each

Oneida 82-pc flatware set $48

Thomas the train Castle Quest set $35

Nerf Vortex Lumitron  $18

Snowman rug $4

Men's lounge pants $10

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Uno $5

3 boys thermal shirts $7 each

Boys Minecraft shirt $11

Electric wine bottle opener $18

3-pc Food Network cookie sheets $10

Used the 15% off code, so take that off of those prices. Free shipping on all my orders.  Also earned $60 in Kohls Cash to spend later in the week! 

Amazon.com

Tons.  Tons and tons.  Poor UPS guy.  Here we go.

Movies:                                                                                                   Video Games:

Planes DVD  $10                                                                                     Wii Lego Batman 2 $10

Brave Blu Ray Combo  $10                                                                     Nintendo DS Sonic Classic Collection  $10

Back To The Future Trilogy $13                                                              Nintendo 3DS Super Mario 3D Land  $25

Ice Age Continental Drift  $5                                                                    PS3 MLB13 The Show  $15

Turbo Blu Ray Combo  $15                                                                     PS3 Battlefield 4  $25

Epic Blu Ray Combo  $10                                                                       PS3 Madden 25   $25

Monsters University Blu Ray Combo  $15                                              PS3  FIFA14   $25

Alvin and The Chipmunks Chipwrecked  $4                                           Skylanders Giants Gnarly Tree Rex figure  $5

Rudolph  $2                                                                                             Wii Lego Lord of the Rings $10

The Godzilla Collection $18                                                                     3 Skylanders Swap Force figures  B2G1

Daria the Complete Series  $11

Toys:                                                                                                        Other:

Hot Wheels 5-pk  $3                                                                                 20"  HDTV  $75

PlayDoh Mega 36-pk  $9                                                                          Bissell Little Green carpet scrubber  $49 

Lego Arctic Batman vs Mr. Freeze  $15                                                   Men's watch  $20

Batman Stealth Strike Gorilla Attack action figure set  $10                      2 wall plugs with USB ports $14 each

Leapfrog Explorer game - Sesame Street  $12.50                                  Black and Decker 15.6 Volt Dust Buster $30 

Jake and the Neverland Pirates bath toy  $10

I have Prime, so free 2-day shipping on everything. It will all be here Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. 

Bath and Body Works online:

3-wick candle Buttercream Mint  $10

3-wick candle Apple Crumble  $11

3-wick candle Cranberry Pear Bellini  $11

2-pk Apple Crumble Wallflower refills  FREE

Sparkling Snow hand cream $2.50

I passed on the VIP bag this year and opted for my free item with $15 purchase instead

Seriously, when I said I bought a ton of stuff I wasn't kidding! And I got every single movie on my list, and my bissel, and a new TV for the kitchen.  Insane.  I loved shopping from home.  I hope everyone had a great Black Friday and got everything they wanted! Thanks for all the help finding the deals! :)

Edited by jakesmommy403
  • Like 2

I was able to get Madden 25 like I wanted last night on Amazon.  After that I was finished.  Though today I did buy a bunch of cards from the website comc.com (Check Out My Cards).  Free shipping if you bought more than 20 cards and entered to win a shopping spree.

Now I am going to go to Walmart and see what leftover DVD's they have.  Hope to get Rudolph but didn't even see it last night.  Might just browse and see whats left otherwise since I don't need anything else.

I had a blast!!  I got everything on my list and for the first time ever didn't leave the comfort of my home to head out to any stores.  I've never ever done all my shopping online before. This was awesome.  I've had my xmas music on, my kids hanging out, I've been in my little slippers with a glass of wine or cup of coffee...honestly, it's been so much fun. I thought I might miss going to the stores but I haven't.  I got A TON!! 

Your shopping list scares me. It scares me that you can get all those on such a short time.

Edited by 2chia

Your shopping list scares me. It scares me that you can get all those on such a short time.

Lol!  Don't let it scare you.  This is all from Monday through this morning.  I guess I should have said that.  Like all that Kohls stuff was from Tuesday night when the online sale went live.   And I'm still shopping! I just bought another game and book. 

Entering this week I was a good way through my shopping list and now I am practically done with the exception of DH and 3-4 items left for my kids.

Best Buy Elite Pre-Sale:

Kindle Fire HD

Pacific Rim blu-ray

Rise of the Planet of the Apes blu-ray

TMNT game for 3ds

Target online:

Monsters University blu-ray

Amazon:

Assassin's Creed IV Xbox One

Zero Dark Thirty blu-ray

Smurf's Christmas Carol DVD

Turbo DVD

Dork Diaries 6

Target in store:

Graco Deluxe Doll playset

6 pair of the kids 2 piece pj sets

Walmart in store:

Toddler size Ariel doll

World War Z

Hello Kitty DVD

BBW in store

2 pack wallflowers for $5

Multiple lotions & shower gels

VIP Bag

5 Below

Various earbuds

Bandanas

Loom bands, clips, & charms

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting packages at least 3 times per week and I have multiple packages expected next week...

Items I still need:

North Face hoodie

Lego Marvel Super Heroes (in my cart with Amazon)

Doc McStuffins boombox

Baby doll for DD3

Doll clothes for 18 inch dolls

Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 1

i got season 1-3 of community, now you see me, 4 or 5 movies from walmart, 32gb usb drive from radio shack, thermal shirt, one of the bright yellow water resistant hoodies, a snow globe, lots of stuff online from kohls and amazon.  tried to get a motox verizon phone from walmart but my walmart didnt have any but the manager said shes going to work on getting me one since i waited so long which was nice.

• Like 1

I really did not have to get alot this year.  Here is what I have gotten this week so far

60" Vizio Smart TV  (From BB) they were lower than Walmart at 9:30am Thurs Morning so I ordered online

Xbox One     -   Walmart

2 Ipad Minis  - Walmart

2 $98 TVs   -  Walmart  (for friends)

2 Roku boxes   -  Walmart

TV Stand      -  Walmart

Kitchenaid Professional 6000 Mixer   (Kohls)   For Swim team raffle)

Just Dance 2014  (2 for Wii & 1 for 360)

Keurig Hot Chocolate  (lightning deal so cancelled previous order  Amazon

Battlefield   -   Amazon

remote control holder   - Amazon

couple movies   - Amazon

some legos      -  Amazon

Toshiba External HD   -  Staples

2 Keurig counter top storage   -  Bon Ton

All I need now is a good deal on 2 Casio G Shock watches which I have not seen yet.

• Like 1

OK. Here's the final list:

Amazon

True Blood season 5

Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS

Battlefield 4

Grand Theft Auto 5

NHL 14

Best Buy

The Big Bang Theory season 6

Kmart

Pokemon Y 3DS

Microsoft store

NCAA Football 14

Walmart

Garth Brooks box set

LG wifi blu-ray player

Soda stream (I think I got a mistake here, cashier gave me a $25 bonus card instead of the $10 the ad stated)

Menards

New laminate flooring for the kitchen to go with the kitchen cabinets Santa is bringing. :) 65¢ a sq foot!

Recipe boxes

And at Qdoba, a free entree for buying a $30 GC

All I have left Is to find a deal on Despicable Me 2 and I am done!

Edited by speeddiva
  • Like 1

Alright, I was camped out at Best Buy way longer than I needed to be and, unfortunately, most of what I wanted wasn't ticketed BUT I did manage to get everything I want. So...

First stop - Best Buy:

Picked up for friends and family:

HP laptop + MS Office

LG 55" HDTV

LG Blu-ray player

HP desktop

Dell Desktop

Dell 24" monitor

Wii U Bundle

16gb microsd cards

For myself:

two Blu-ray movies

Roku 2 (as a gift for someone)

Second stop - Walmart:

3 copies of Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm (for my two cousins and I)

Third stop - OfficeMax:

Logitech LS21 2.1 PC speaker system (for myself)

Dell 24" monitor (last one as a gift to me from my parents for Christmas)

Fourth stop - Walmart (again):

Some movies for myself and as gifts

Final stop - GameStop:

One year PSN+ subscription

I mostly stood in line for other people so that they could enjoy Thanksgiving with their family. I was happy to do it, though, and I was fairly compensated for my time. On top of all of that because of the earlier opening times I was able to get home at a decent enough time that I could enjoy my turkey while it was still warm. Plus I got to catch the second half of the Steelers/Ravens game despite the fact that the Steelers lost, :(.

• Like 1

Well I was mostly online checking stuff which is how I ended up doing a lot of my shopping last year.  Got 3 flash drives (2 of the big bang theory for stockings and one plain), also got 3 battery back up things (2 tired to think) and lots ofGot 2 corsets from Damsel in this Dress on Etsy, and a hat from MaD Hatter as well as 2 fascinators from the Fascinating Wench.  Seems like I ordered something else too but I'm brain dead.  Went to Sam's this afternoon for grocery type items and then to Michaels for odds and ends.

• Like 1

Old Navy:

1 pair of PJ pants  $6

Ann Taylor Loft

Sweater $30

Amazon:

2 pairs of deeply discounted earrings and a lightning deal necklance

Macys.com :

A few sweater dresses and a pair of black leggings (may or may not keep since I didn't try them on first)

Target:

2 Board Games (Jenga and Connect 4)  $5 each ---> for charity

• Like 1

Not sure about all, but my local Walmart (24 hr) stopped letting people in at 5!  They gave out the wrist bands starting at 4 and the people that thought they would be cute and leave couldn't get back in to get the items!  The fact they closed the doors made for the best BF(Thurs) experience ever!  No one was there and I got EVERYTHING!  Special thanks to GD for all the info to let me do my homework and prepare!

2 iPad Mini

Playstation 3

Tons of movies

2 32" TVs

40" TV

5 George Foreman grills

3 blenders

Tons of video games

2 Waffle makers

Housewares

Plus more things I forget!!!

• Like 1

I have family in town that I don't get to see as often as I want so I avoid going out. I love shopping online so my insomnia worked out pretty good for me the last few days. I got the following items:

Microsoft.com:

Surface RT (for me)

Amazon:

2 Doc McStuffins LeapPad2 Power bundles (for my twin nieces)

Lego Ultimate Set (for DS 2)

Play Doh Rowdy Trash Truck (for DS 2)

Connect 4 (for DS 2)

Target.com

Red 3DS XL(for DS 1 who saved his own money to pay for it)

eBay:

Blue 3DS XL (for DS 2)

VictoriasSecret.com:

2 bras and Black Friday tote (for me)

GameStop.com:

Just Dance 2014, Just Dance, Just Dance 2 (for DS 1 who loves Just Dance; great deal at $15 for Just Dance 2014 plus b1g1 used Just Dance so pd $32 for all 3)

YNAB:

YNAB software at 50% off (for me)

Thanks so much to the GottaDeal family as I was aware of most of these items thanks to the Black Friday forum and alerts.

• Like 1

Thank you so much, GD, I got most everything on my list by shopping online the last couple of weeks. Living in a small, rural area, getting what I needed online was essential, as I wouldn't have gotten such good bargains otherwise! I did go out yesterday afternoon for a couple of things, stores were still busy but not zoos as in the past!

Game Stop--was able to get the Nexus 7 32GB last year's model for $99 by picking up at the store. After I picked up mine, the sales associate took the rest of them off the shelf.

Best Buy: Several games for $7.99, including Rock Smith for PS3 and Xbox 360, and one of the Mario games a couple of weeks ago. I also got the $99 32 inch TV with a DVD player built in earlier in the week. I didn't think this one would ship, as it was "backordered" but got my shipping notice on Tuesday. Picked up the LG Blue Ray player, wireless built in with the promo code for $54. Thursday nite, picked up some movies and the Fujifilm camera for $49 with an SD card and Turtle Beach gaming headset.

Walmart--Got the Infinity and Skylander Giant starter packs last week in the store for $37 each, as well as several board games for $5 and $3, Novi Stars for $5 each for my granddaughters--they were on the list. Since prices went live on Thursday nite last week instead of Friday morning at 0800 for the Pre Black Friday Price Matching sale, I put the 50 inch LG TV on layaway, as I was secretly hopiing to get one of the 50 inch $229 dollar TV's, but now had a back up plan.  Online, ordered wrangler jeans for $9 (3 pair), as well as a few BR DVDs.Getting to my cart on the site was very slow, and I would up losing some items that went out of stock while waiting for it to load, so after I was able to check out, I didn't go back to the Wal-mart site. 

Warner Brothers--several DVD's.

Amazon--Lots of DVDs, Legos, Skylander giants, the 50 inch TV for $229, Ghost for XBox 360, Skylander Giants and Spyros with the portal for DS3XL, cover for Nexus 7, Rainbow Loom x 2, Rocksmith 2014, Video Card, SD cards, Car stereo x 2, and some other things I can't remember right off the bat.

Kmart--snuggly socks, paid 88 cents and 44 cents, Panasonic wireless home phone system, big AA battery pack, slippers. Went to Kmart yesterday afternoon to get pajamas B1G1 to spend reward bucks, but was told I needed a pin number. Had never used a pin number before when redeeming rewards. Also, the manager refused to approve B1G1 because one pair was girls and one was boys, and were not the same price---whaaaat???? I showed him the circular which says the free pair will be the pair with the smaller price, but he wouldn't listen. Wrote a letter to corporate after I got home, and I cancelled my purchase in the store. Probably won't go back there for awhile, till I forget about what happened.

Home Depot---Went after 1200 noon yesterday, and they still had one of their $69 trees left, wow, didn't expect that!! Since this is the first tree I have gotten in 20 years, I noticed it had a 5 year warranty and was pre-lit, easy to put together. Great purchase!! Also got some batteries and drill bits.

Stopped at Wal-mart on the way home, and cancelled my TV layaway. It was still pretty crowded, but this is the only Walmart in a hundred mile radius.

So pleased with my shopping experience, staying home on Thanksgiving Day while getting my must have items. Thank you so much, GD!!!

Edited by bluebearyh
  • Like 2

Remind me to never try and upgrade a cell phone on BF.  Wanted that Samsung Galaxy S4 from Walmart (basically free after gift card).  Got there about 6:30, sale starts at 8:00, #6 in line.  Didn't get out of there with my phone until noon.  Activations were taking anywhere from 45 minutes to about 1 1/2 hours depending on what all they were doing (adding lines, changing carriers, etc.).  Supposedly, it was the carriers (AT&T and Verizon's) servers were so busy.  Luckily, when my turn came, since it was just a simple upgrade and nothing else, mine only took about 20 minutes. 

microsoft store - xbox live for a year - camo 360 controller - final fantasy xi

walmart online - sodastream - and two extra bottles

groupon - black360 wireless controller

Walmart in store 2 8 gig flash drives -- for myself and verizon glaxay legend for dh

friends xbox 360 and straight talks $29 smartphone 

amazon - drawing tablet and magna studio 5

• Like 1

The final count!!!

Wal-Mart

Carpet cleaner (x2)

BHG Warmer kit

Monsters University (x2)

Magic Mike

Rudolph movie

Frosty movie

Hangover II

iPad mini 

32 inch cheapo television

Hard shell suitcase

George Foreman grill

HP Printer

Little girls pajamas (x6)

Call of Duty Ghost

Creed of Assassins IV

Barbies (x2)

Shapie packs (x2)

How I Met Your Mother (Seasons 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Amazon

Les Mis

Just Dance 2014

Victoria's Secret

Ear Buds

$25 hoodie

JCP

2 pairs of $30 boots

I think I am officially done!  I had ended up with a guarantee card for that television, but around 7 I went back to see if any had not been claimed.  There were about 9 left.  I asked how much longer those people had and they said the sales associate told me they told everyone 8 PM, but I was welcome to wait in line just in case.  I had nothing else to do so I went ahead and sat There was one other person in line (thankfully someone I knew) so I sat down behind her.  Of course, none of those people showed up for their tv so we both got one!  

• Like 1

Best Buy Online - Blu Ray DVDs

Amazon.com - 6 Kindle Paperwhites

US Playing Card Company (Bicycle Cards) - Decks of playing cards.  Since I am a Club 808 member I got 25% off.

Ace Hardware - Saturday morning I used the 50% off one item under $30 to get a 3X5 US Nylon flag.  I talked some family memebers to come with me so I got 6 flags.

Family Christian - Bibles and some music CDs

B&H Photo - Adobe Premiere Elements 12

• Like 1

Sabrina shopping don't stop at walmart old shopping at amazon I returned a workplace radio button last Christmas at Lowes and they gave me $100 off one that was in stores wonderful service chapter with our best deal finding place bought many many doorbusters there at 1:30 p.m. Long after the sale was over car with stuff so full of anything else Home Depot is also right with it they had much more help than needed and they were all wonderful

Ok so I've really enjoyed everyone's list so far. I am soooo proud of myself for the fact that I only got about an hour of sleep in between my shopping and I didn't get sick !! This is huge for me b/c in years past, I've gotten really sick for going over 24 hours with no sleep. Here's my list though

Best buy: Kindle fire $99 (bought a few days before BF on their website)

Walmart:

2 Disney infinities

Queen size air mattress

Pacific Rim DVD

18" boy bike

Hunting shoes

2 H&G candle warmers

Argo DVD

Target

2 pairs boys pjs

Video camera

Axe gift pack

Fruit infuser pitcher

Monster University DVD

Disney Infinity Francesco

ITunes card

Stocking stuffers

Hollister

2 hoodies

4 shirts

Victorias secret

5 pairs underwear

Bath & body works

Soaps/lotions/wallflowers

Belks

2 Spode bowls

1pair jeans

Kohls

2pair jeans

Apple store

Apple tv

Justice

Shirt and jeans

Ulta

2 bare mineral sets

Dicks

Target decoy

I feel like I'm forgetting a lot but I did get most of it done plus I went back out today and got more. I'm hoping I'll be able to finish up next Saturday.

Edited by Jen08
  • Like 1

Forgot to mention my times of shopping. I was at walmart for the 6:00pm sales. Was home by 7:30 we t to bed but had a really hard time sleeping. I got maybe an hour of sleep and it was a very light sleep. Got up at 2am and was out the door at 2:30am. Got home about 3pm. Then went back to walmart to see what was all left. They still had a lot of movies so I picked some more up and also the rubbermaid bowls that were 6.97.

Did most of my shopping online Wed night:

TRU: Disney DVDs & a couple games

Best Buy: Kindle Fire $99

Sony Wifi BluRay Player $59

Sony Headphones 9.99

DVDs & BluRays (lots of James Bond's, etc)

Tried GameStop online for the Disney Infinity characters BOGO, but got caught in a loop and most were sold out by the time I got out of it.

So, we had to go to GameStop at midnight to get those. They had everybody but Woody. Decided to get the camo XBox controller while we were at it. It was busy but not horrible.

Stopped by Shopko on the way home, around 1am and it was completely dead, nobody in the store. Got jammies & house pants for everyone, and picked up a couple more cheap dvds and a blanket. They had pallets of door busters still sitting around.

DD and I were going to go out early Fri morning for some minor things, like the 3.50 popcorn tins at RiteAid, but we were too tired to get up, and figured we missed it, oh well. Went to RiteAid around 4pm and they still had them, so got those.

Oh, and at some point on Fri I got on Amazon and picked up Despicable Me really cheap, along with a couple SD cards.

And that was it! Combined with all the things I'd found on Amazon earlier in the week, this made such a nice low-key shopping experience. We didn't go out on Thanksgiving at all, and we got plenty of sleep. I love shopping online!

Didn't have much funds for stuff but grateful to already have what I need. Did buy some stuff I needed:

Wednesday:

Jcp - pair of jeans and shirt. Items were not included in BF sale but used coupon.

Children's place - fleece pj at Bf price

Gymboree - sale didn't go live online until 4 am. Gave up waiting at 1am and put in order at 7 am Thursday.

Thursday

Ordered mooshka doll on amazon (cheaper than target bf ad) plus free shipping

Friday

Target - a shirt and connect 4 game

Crazy8 - dress that I refuse to pay shipping for online. Plus at shirt.

SAMs - monsters university DVD Blue ray 8.98

Cvs - BOGO toys

I had a list of DVD but these were not included in any of the ads

We do the annual trip for shopping like many on this forum... It's always such a great time for my family as we are scattered across the state of PA. It's one time of year that we get together and shop and just act like teenagers again...

What we noticed was that due to the online sales starting early, we were able to order our most important stuff and get that out of the way... Then wait until we were ready to shop after dinner (we decided to hold off until midnight) then just go and shop... no hustle to try to get there first, no panic to try and get one particular thing that they only have 5 of... just shop and laugh and have fun....

I think that after doing this for over 10 years now, this was one of the best and most memorable shopping trips that we have had... We saw no police lines, no violent or loud grumbling people.... just other shoppers getting good deals... We shopped from midnight until 2 pm that day... while we were tired, I think we could have went for another few hours if we'd have had the bank account, and a trailer to haul everything!

Just the time spent with family that day was awesome, and then to top it off with many deals and some great service (lets not forget those staff that have to work) it was the best shopping trip so far! Kudos's to the folks that decided to take off the pressure by stretching the deals out! 

Have a great holiday season everyone!

I did most of my shopping online. I was a little disappointed in Walgreens because the changed the wrapping paper sale to their store brand verses the Hallmark it was in prvious years. Also raised the price by about $0.30 a roll. I bought it anyway since I did not feel like treking over to RiteAid.

CVS - free batteries and bogo M&Ms (also had a coupon)

Online - hit Amazon, Best Buy, and Toys R Us for various items. Of significance was the $99 Kindle Fire, $31 Lego storage unit, $99 32" TV from Amazon

Best Buy (in store) - Went in about 615AM and there were no crowds, just tired workers. Was only after a blu ray and the LG 32" TV for $149 that was a Midnight doorbuster. I asked in store and the had 2 in the back just not on the floor. It took about 20 minutes but they produced the TV. This was for my Mom who was thrilled.

Kohls - A little more people, but nothing really interested in. I had a $10 off $10 coupon and 15% off. Ended up with towels and a pair of boys pants.

Petsmart - was in the area and needed dog food. They gave out a free stocking with dog and cat treats plus coupons. Will only use the treats...coupons were not that great

Walmart - Decided to venture there about 530PM on Friday. Was surprised that most doorbusters were still in stock. They had plenty of movies, sheets, TVs (not the $98 one), jeans, PJs, etc. I was really shocked. They had Skylanders but no Disney Infinity sets left. The only thing I did not see were the $5 pillows but honestly I did not look hard for them either. This means that people did a lot of shopping online or people just did not spend as much.

All and All a successful Black Friday without having to battle big crowds and getting the deals I'm after. Planning is key. Thanks gottadeal.