Bopeep

Wow. Now to figure out how ti work this. I need the following

Xbox One -wristband

Vizio 60" TV - wristband & one hour guarantee

32" tv - one hour guarantee need 2

Ipad mini one hour guarantee need 2

Blue ray player ??

There will be 3 of us shopping

Do you think it could work or should I bring a 4th person. Going is my 15year-old me n DH. Thinking may have to bring my almost 18year old.

Cookeville TN-24 hr SuperCenter Wal-Mart

Down low from a CSR today

Arm Bands will be handed out beginning at 4pm & you have one hour from the time of the sale to come back and get the item. (6pm sale items, you must pick up by 7pm)

Not all the guaranteed in stock items will have/need an armband.

My CSR said she was going to be on a arm band hand out queue-she said she thought it was a cell phone.

She said that they have TONS of the toys in stock this year and the stock room is full of the sale merchandise. She said she saw most people getting their items, if they show up at 4-5pm. She said that they had a meeting just this morning and they have gotten some rumors that some "kids" are going to try to start fights so they can post them on YouTube.

That is the only problem I see on the earlier start times, we never  used to see teenagers/early twenty-somethings and now they are everywhere! and not shopping but just getting in the way and filming everything on their phones!!!!

Is this for just the 6 pm DB items, or is this for the 8 pm as well?  My kids' game TV just went yesterday, so I'm looking for a cheap TV to replace it, and the 40' one for $178 looks like the winner, but I don't want to have to miss out on shopping other stores prior to 8, because I need a wristband to ensure that I get one...

Xbox One -wristband

Blue ray player ??

Do you think it could work or should I bring a 4th person. Going is my 15year-old me n DH. Thinking may have to bring my almost 18year old.

I think your big problem is the xbox one.  I would be at the store hours early for that since there are none available anywhere this will be one of those items that people will be dying to get and find it worth camping out in the store over.

The one hour guarantees I would not wait in line for unless you wanted to take it home with you that night.  For those items I would have the required number of people (1 or 2) in your case go to each line and maybe get the item and maybe get the guarantee card.  Either way you will have it for Christmas.  The xbox one is the thing that I would concentrate on that night.

• Like 1

I think your big problem is the xbox one.  I would be at the store hours early for that since there are none available anywhere this will be one of those items that people will be dying to get and find it worth camping out in the store over.

The one hour guarantees I would not wait in line for unless you wanted to take it home with you that night.  For those items I would have the required number of people (1 or 2) in your case go to each line and maybe get the item and maybe get the guarantee card.  Either way you will have it for Christmas.  The xbox one is the thing that I would concentrate on that night.

That is what I am planning on.  We will be there EARLY!!!

Is this for just the 6 pm DB items, or is this for the 8 pm as well?  My kids' game TV just went yesterday, so I'm looking for a cheap TV to replace it, and the 40' one for $178 looks like the winner, but I don't want to have to miss out on shopping other stores prior to 8, because I need a wristband to ensure that I get one...

I am assuming it was for both--but the arm bands for the 8 pm won't be available until after the 6pm sale (so approximately at 630? when the crowd clears a little) but this is just an assumption, I only specifically asked her for the 6pm sale.

I am assuming it was for both--but the arm bands for the 8 pm won't be available until after the 6pm sale (so approximately at 630? when the crowd clears a little) but this is just an assumption, I only specifically asked her for the 6pm sale.

Thank you!  I may call them for clarification, since I've never had to buy anything on BF where they were handing out wristbands, so I'm totally clueless...and if that's the case, that they'll start handing them out after the first doorbusters are over, then I have to hope I can get right in and right out at TRU...

Xbox One -wristband

Blue ray player ??

The only thing I would be careful of is how busy your WM tends to be. Some are not, so it's not an issue - but ours is. We were in line for a one hour guarantee item during the one hour sale time, but were in line waiting for them to get us through until 7:15. We would not have had time to go to a line for a second one hour item. Your store might not be a problem, but if you're concerned I'd have the 18 yr old on stand by.

Racerfan, if you're looking at the wifi blu ray for $48, Best Buy has one for a dollar more in yesterday's ad.  I ordered online yesterday and free shipping to my home so that is one less thing I have to worry about Thursday.  Can now set the kiddos in line for the TVs and I can cruise the store picking up other items.  Might want to check to see if this one will do and if they still have them.  I do know that the 32" in BB ad for $98 was sold out online right away.

• Like 1

Racerfan, if you're looking at the wifi blu ray for $48, Best Buy has one for a dollar more in yesterday's ad.  I ordered online yesterday and free shipping to my home so that is one less thing I have to worry about Thursday.  Can now set the kiddos in line for the TVs and I can cruise the store picking up other items.  Might want to check to see if this one will do and if they still have them.  I do know that the 32" in BB ad for $98 was sold out online right away.

Thank you I think the tv at BB had a DVD player unless I am thinking of another one.  DH told me if we get the smart tv dont need a smart blu ray, we have a regular blu ray that we can use.  So that is one item off my list.  The Xbox one is the only one that concerns me.  DS had it n pre order then cancelled it because he is swamped with school work, now swimming, his Eagle Project with BOy Scouts and today he is at the Navy recruiters going to Meps to enlist to join the Navy after graduation.  I wants to do Nuclear Engineering.  I thought we would get it and surprise him for his 18th birthday so he can enjoy it for a bit in whatever little spare time he has  :)

I don't get the giving out wristbands if the items are the one hour guarantee. Will the wristbands end when the amount of physical items in the store runs out? So then the ones NOT getting the item will still have to wait in line. I don't get it.

Im soooo confused. Hopefully someone can help!!

I am looking to get the hp laptop that is scheduled for the 8pm start time. Can someone tell me if I need to get a wristband or just wait in a line? I have ready so many different things I am confused. Thanks in advance!!

Wrist bands are for items that do not have a hour guarantee. One hour guarantee you get in line for that product by 7 and get the deal. Others will have a wrist band for the amount of items they have. If they have 50 tv's the first 50 people get wrist bands. One hour everyone gets the item that day or a voucher for the item. Last year the hour lines moved quickly and I was able to pick up the items I wanted.

Wrist bands are for items that do not have a hour guarantee. One hour guarantee you get in line for that product by 7 and get the deal. Others will have a wrist band for the amount of items they have. If they have 50 tv's the first 50 people get wrist bands. One hour everyone gets the item that day or a voucher for the item. Last year the hour lines moved quickly and I was able to pick up the items I wanted.

some items show they have wristbands and 1 hour guarantee

• Like 1

Wristbands worked really well.

We got there at 4. We were about 20th in line. They have out wristbands around 4:20. We leisurely checked out all the other deals and at 6 got everything we wanted.

They had two lines by the ipad minis at 6. One for wristbands and one for people getting the card. We were out of the store by 7.

Because we were out of the way, people were free to literally walk up and get a card for the mini

Walmart was FANTASTIC this year!

Wristbands, one hour guarantees, sheets/towels had a limit so one person didn't grab every single one, organized line for video games and movies.  Best BF ever at Walmart.  Coupled with the fact that it wasn't packed.  I'm probably in the minority but I vote Thanksgiving opening every year.

Almost everyone I talked to had done quite a lot of their shopping online after midnight last night too.

I hope wristbands are here to stay, they do need to do better advertising for it though.  I read it and understood it, but we watched person after person walk up (after wristbands were gone) and get pissed off at the employee because they couldn't get a wristband.  Most of them didn't know 1 hour guarantee meant "raincheck", they just kept saying "how can you run out, it says guaranteed for one hour!"

I got the touchscreen laptop for my stepmom without the wristband. They had them in Sporting Goods went to that department there was one person in line ahead of me. We were in and out in 20 minutes! They had a pallet of the laptops in sporting goods. The next one up at 8:00 was the one for $178 and they were in electronics but we did not want to wait for them but that was a good price for the specs listed.

I really liked the wristband thing.  I can't agree with the store not being packed though, lol.  The Walmart we always go to is kind of out of the way and never too crowded. Tonight, people were parking across the street!  We booked it to a small town 30 minutes south. It was very crowded as well, but we could at least get in the door.  We got there about 6:30, got our wristband for the laptop, then shopped for a couple hours until we could go pick it up.  We got there too late for just a couple things, but all in all I'd call it a success.

We were running late yesterday and got to Wal-Mart around 5.  The sales associates for the 32 inch TV line said he had given out his wristbands by 3.  He started handing out 1 hour guarantee cards at that point.  We were able to get a card (at 5) and went to get in line for the iPad mini.  Those wristbands were also long gone (no surprise) but the sales associate told us he wasn't allowed to give out the guarantee cards until 6.  

I guess the bright side about people going to get the wristbands so early was people had time to go home and think about if they really wanted it or not.    Around 7 I went over and they still had about 9 left.  They told me that they had to give them until 8 to show up and claim them, but I was welcome to wait in line.  Sure enough, none of those people showed up and I was able to get one!  

They did have 1 iPad left, but there were really weird circumstances surrounding it.  A guy was in line for it, but the store wouldn't sell it to him. They said a lady called the store and said there should be an iPad for her.  She had bought stuff, paid for the iPad, but didn't take it with her.  She was going to take her stuff home and then come back for it.  It sounds really weird and sketchy, but the manager said they had to let the lady come back for it.  The story didn't make sense though.  Why would you check out with something (and how could you even ring it up?) without having the actual item?  And then why would leave with everything but that?

All in all, I liked the wristbands.  It made everything very fair.

Posted Today, 11:11 am

I was able to get the 50 inch TV.  I loved the wrist band system.  I arrived about 6:10 and  we were number 27 and 28 of the 29 50 inch  TV's they had.   As soon as you got to the location they were giving them out.  They said you had to be back in line between 8 and 10pm  which allowed you time to shop for the 6:00 AND 8 O'clock stuff.  They had everything out, but you just could pay for the 8'oclock stuff until 8, but you could put it in your cart. We shopped around and paid for all our other stuff and loaded into the car and then came back in for the TV.  All in all one of the easilest times I had getting a door buster item. There were some people who showed up around 10 mins to 8 expecting to get an item that clearly said limited quanity? As past years go the crowd was not nealy as big as it past. Usually the check out lines would go way back into the clothes section, but not this year.