Amazon.com Black Friday Sale

Brad

I know this is a dumb question, but even though you have to wait until Amazon puts this deal out there, is there any way to be notified as to when they do? I mean who has the time to sit around all day and wait for this bargain.

No, there isn't, thats why its a lightning deal. You have to be there and click immediately on the lnk. There are way too many to be notifying people o fhtem. They hve new ones every 10 minutes. I keep my screen up all day and night and know what time to be there for a certain item. I also bought a smartphone yesterday so on bf I don't have to call my husband and talk him through purchases. 

forgot to say this earlier

if you get on a wait list for an item, DO NOT leave the site, if your number comes up on the wait list, you get a pop up that informs you that you can purchase the item.. if your not on the site you dont get the message and this can occur at any time until the item sale time has ended. never give up till then as you might miss out on it.

I tried emailing and chatting to a rep yesterday and voicing my dislike for new format and asking when lists would be available and both directed me to amazons black friday page. I think amazon is just changing everything for the sake of change and is going to realize when the numbers come in and don't compare to previous years sales

I'm sorry, tinkrbel, but that is the dictionary definition of solipsism. Assuming that your own displeasure with how Amazon is rolling deals out this year somehow translates to a trend in decreased sales is completely without merit. I, for one (and I don't purport to speak for anyone else), will do as I've always done: be on the lookout, and if a deal comes along that I want, I'll try to buy it.

All these deals should appear when you go to the blackfriday page and scroll through the upcoming deals right?  The only thing I'm interested in is the 32" TV just so I don't have to go to Walmart on Thanksgiving day to get the one from there.

correct

This is probably a stupid question, but just adding the item to your cart claims it for you, right? Do I have to quickly go through the entire buy process, or just quickly add it to my cart and make sure I finish my purchase before the 15 minutes is up? I'd hate to think I had claimed a deal only to have it tell me "Sorry, this item just sold out" by the time I get through the checkout process.

• Like 1

This is probably a stupid question, but just adding the item to your cart claims it for you, right? Do I have to quickly go through the entire buy process, or just quickly add it to my cart and make sure I finish my purchase before the 15 minutes is up? I'd hate to think I had claimed a deal only to have it tell me "Sorry, this item just sold out" by the time I get through the checkout process.

adding it to your cart gives you 15 minutes to check out, if you dont then it become available to the next person on the wait list.

in others words buy it then or you dont get it.

15 minutes is more than enough time to complete the check out process

Once it's in your cart you get the full 15 minutes to make your final decision before you check out.  If you don't check out in that 15 minutes then it will go away and someone else can get it.  But no, you don't have to rush through the whole buying process when you click add to cart. Gives you a little time to breathe, read the reviews, and make sure you're ready buy. :)

I can't find a link that works for the DVD list and times. Can someone please post. I'm only looking for 3 movies and haven't seen them in any ads. Fast & Furious 6, Iron Man 3 and White House Down. Would love to get them on Amazon and not fight the crowds.

I do not think there is a working link yet available but I will tell you that; White House Down on Blu-ray is currently on sale for $15 on Amazon.com. May not be the price you want but still good nonetheless. With Iron Man 3, good luck finding a deal on that one unfortunately. As for Fast & Furious 6 that movie isn't even out yet. It will be out early next month with every store offering their own exclusive version of the movie.

• Like 1

If you need multiple kindles instead of the 1 they allow, then just create a new account using a gmail address. My oldest son told me to grab him one, and I told him it was 1 per account. I opened a best buuy account in his name, using my address and billing. Then I just backed up my pages until I was at the early access page. I was still signed in under him and was able to get a 2nd kindle. 

How close to the actual "go" time on a lightening   deal do you need to refresh the page

Nevermind, I got it! Nintendo 3DS XL. Clicked on both the solid black one and the black and red one. Solid black one was the only one that added to my cart which is fine. I just needed one. Happy, happy, happy  :gd_purple

• Like 1