Amazon.com Black Friday Sale

Brad

Amazon.com will begin their week-long Black Friday Deals Week sale on Sunday November 24th. Expect Amazon.com to have thousands of their popular Lightning Deals and other limited time offers. Also expect them to match other retailer's Black Friday prices on the most popular deals from their competitors' actual sale ads.

Last year's Amazon.com thread: http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/173322-amazoncom-black-friday-sale-sale-started/

They're going to have the PS4 and Xbox One games today too, as well as Disney Infinity at the $37 WM price. And there was a 5-pack of Hot Wheels for $3 that I grabbed, so keep an eye out for some price-matching Lightning Deals today.  I swear every time I refresh it they've added more deals throughout the day. I love this time of year on Amazon! 

Looks like there's an HDTV coming up later too now. 

They're going to have the PS4 and Xbox One games today too, as well as Disney Infinity at the $37 WM price. And there was a 5-pack of Hot Wheels for $3 that I grabbed, so keep an eye out for some price-matching Lightning Deals today. I swear every time I refresh it they've added more deals throughout the day. I love this time of year on Amazon!

Looks like there's an HDTV coming up later too now.

I just ordered COD: Ghosts for Xbox One for $49 :)

• Like 1

Disney Infinity Starter Kit for $37 just went live. Only 28% claimed right now so I got one with no problem. Earlier I bought the Skylanders Swap Force starter kit for $37 well after the deal had started. They don't seem to be moving too quickly... which surprises me. Maybe people aren't expecting the deals to be there this early?

I've gotten 2 lightning deals already today - one i was on a wait list for and it said I had a "Poor Chance" at getting it (due to the number of people ahead of me...) Either a lot of people changed their mind, or didn't check out in time and lost it - because I got it... very happy so far! The deals are getting warmer - can't wait till they get HOT! :gd_devild

Today they began having some VERY good deals compariable to some of the ads. They also last night started showing 24 hours of lightning deals throughout the day so as one ran out you get to see another for tommorow. I rather prefer that than getting to midnight and having to wait an hour to see what will be on lightning deal for that day. Im hoping for a tough sturdy case for my kindle hd (something similar to the otterbox but not as pricey and a good deal on a 1TB external hard drive (right now they would have to beat the 49.99 one at dell.com on the 27th

Today they began having some VERY good deals compariable to some of the ads. They also last night started showing 24 hours of lightning deals throughout the day so as one ran out you get to see another for tommorow. I rather prefer that than getting to midnight and having to wait an hour to see what will be on lightning deal for that day. Im hoping for a tough sturdy case for my kindle hd (something similar to the otterbox but not as pricey and a good deal on a 1TB external hard drive (right now they would have to beat the 49.99 one at dell.com on the 27th

ive been looking a good deal on an external HD, the best i have seen is the 3 TB at Office Depot for 84.99

Edited by riven3d

Yeah a little out of my price range honestly. Most I want to spend is $49. Would prefer lower and would consider up to $60 only if the discount was large. I just need it to backup my desktop nightly with which is using 515gb of hard drive space right now so using the rule of doubling it 1TB will do perfect. Thats the size I had before till It died on me a couple months back

Just wanted to post a small PSA and make sure everyone is aware of how amazon does their discount on the lightning deals so you can avoid being overcharged and having an agrevating shopping experience like I had today.

When you check out when you are on the payment screen there is a line item with a radio button that says "Use your $XX.XX gift card or promotional balance". Make sure you leave this box checked! If you uncheck it the discount goes away and you will be charged more. I inadvertently thought it was trying to charge part of my order to a saved gift card and unchecked it.

I was charged more, but in my haste to complete the transaction went ahead with it figuring I could get customer service to fix it. Big mistake since it was a nightmare to get fixed. Customer service did eventually refund the difference in price to me, but not until I pretty much told the phone rep that either he helps me or get a supervisor. I had a screen print of the time purchase was done, how much the deal was, how much time was left and the percentage still available. I think because I had that and was able to provide enough detail to confirm I was eligible for the deal is truly the only reason I was finally refunded the difference.

I have looked everywhere on the site. Does anyone know where to find this this on Amazon? I'd like to have angry birds Star Wars 2

"Save up to 90% on select titles in the Amazon Appstore

Throughout the holiday season, the Amazon Appstore will have hundreds of titles that are either free, as part of the Amazon Free App of the Day program, or available between 50% - 90% off. The deals will include popular titles like Super Why!, Where’s My Mickey, Monopoly, Angry Birds Star Wars II, NBA2K14, Wheel of Fortune and OfficeSuite Pro, among others. Starting on Black Friday and running through Cyber Monday, the Amazon Appstore will feature discounts on OfficeSuite Pro from $14.99 to $.99 and Wheel of Fortune from $2.99 to $.99 including a holiday update that is only available to Android customers via the Amazon Appstore for a limited time. Customers can find all the latest deals in the Amazon Appstore by visiting www.amazon.com/appstore."

I have looked everywhere on the site. Does anyone know where to find this this on Amazon? I'd like to have angry birds Star Wars 2

"Save up to 90% on select titles in the Amazon Appstore

Throughout the holiday season, the Amazon Appstore will have hundreds of titles that are either free, as part of the Amazon Free App of the Day program, or available between 50% - 90% off. The deals will include popular titles like Super Why!, Where’s My Mickey, Monopoly, Angry Birds Star Wars II, NBA2K14, Wheel of Fortune and OfficeSuite Pro, among others. Starting on Black Friday and running through Cyber Monday, the Amazon Appstore will feature discounts on OfficeSuite Pro from $14.99 to $.99 and Wheel of Fortune from $2.99 to $.99 including a holiday update that is only available to Android customers via the Amazon Appstore for a limited time. Customers can find all the latest deals in the Amazon Appstore by visiting www.amazon.com/appstore."

If you go to the App Store (www.amazon.com/appstore) and click on Deals, it will list the day's deals and you can scroll through.  I'm guessing you should just check every day to see what is on sale for that day.

I'm kind of bummed I missed the Disney Infinity, since it's on my son's list. They didn't go fast so I wonder if they'll offer the deal again?

Likely. That's a pretty hot item and I did notice it went slow. SO MANY items have been on 2,3,4 times in the last week or so.

Looking like Amazons going to have that Toshiba external hard drive that Staples and Office Depot are gonnna have for $49.99 around 8:30 eastern tonight. I'm going to be all over that if its a price match to Staples and Office Depot or less. A lot easier to deal with Amazon than any other online store on Black Friday when you can pull it off. Edited by Tigger97498