Walmart's November 22nd Sale - Only In-Store? [Update: Prices changing in-store!]

LMC502

This is my last year trying to shop BF events at Walmart.  Last year's midnight events were a nightmare.  This event sounded good, but has been so clumsily carried out.  The website was not ready to start the sale at the advertised time.  Stores put things on sale last night without notice.  Items were advertised as available on-line and in-store...with some items only available in-store.  My local store had several items on sale at 6am Friday morning...and probably were on sale last night as well...even while the in-store TVs were advertising the sale started at 8am Friday.

And of course, Target had their website up and running with matching prices and free delivery, in-store pickup options, and Amazon was close behind.  Walmart has nothing left to offer that I can't find somewhere else at a place that I find less objectionable.

• Like 1

This is my last year trying to shop BF events at Walmart.  Last year's midnight events were a nightmare.  This event sounded good, but has been so clumsily carried out.  The website was not ready to start the sale at the advertised time.  Stores put things on sale last night without notice.  Items were advertised as available on-line and in-store...with some items only available in-store.  My local store had several items on sale at 6am Friday morning...and probably were on sale last night as well...even while the in-store TVs were advertising the sale started at 8am Friday.

And of course, Target had their website up and running with matching prices and free delivery, in-store pickup options, and Amazon was close behind.  Walmart has nothing left to offer that I can't find somewhere else at a place that I find less objectionable.

I looked on Target and all the infinity and swap force are in store only.

At the store at 7:30am, quiet as a mouse there.  Able to get everything on the list.   I truly think this was one of those times it paid off to actually go there. 

The level of poor planning was reflected when we commented to the cashier we couldn't believe how quiet it was and she said "she only found out about the sale at the start of her shift that day"

• Like 1

This is my last year trying to shop BF events at Walmart.  Last year's midnight events were a nightmare.  This event sounded good, but has been so clumsily carried out.  The website was not ready to start the sale at the advertised time.  Stores put things on sale last night without notice.  Items were advertised as available on-line and in-store...with some items only available in-store.  

I think I'm with you kingbobb!

I ordered the nerf crossbow this morning for instore pickup.  Order went through, but got a text a couple of hours later telling me my order had been cancelled.  I was not a happy camper.  Why let the order go through if your just going to cancel the darn thing.  

I was able to get swapforce for the PS3 from my closest Walmart about 945 after getting my daughter on the bus, but they were out of disney infinity...ran to another Walmart after my daughters funrun fundraiser and grabbed the last disney infinity for the xbox360... Would have preferred PS3 since the kids are more familiar with the controller but oh well. My son has been asking for it for months and daddy keeps saying no...half price makes it a go :)

I ordered the leap pad on amazon about 7:30 this morning and then got to Wal-mart about 8:30 and bought the last 3 for nieces and nephew.  Got the skylanders for xbox 360 and used my $10 coupon and got some of the hot wheels cars.  Also bought the nerf crossbow. 

I went this morning to 3 stores looking for the Bop It and they didn't have any.  Then I went around 2:00pm with my daughter, she was getting the Swapforce and they still have a whole bunch of them and the Infinity for all the systems.

Then we went to Toys R Us and I priced match the Bop it, I had a $5.00 rewards from TRU that I forgot that I have it, so I pay only

.35 cents.  It was good that I didn't find it at Walmart because I got it for free (almost free) at TRU.

At the store at 7:30am, quiet as a mouse there.  Able to get everything on the list.   I truly think this was one of those times it paid off to actually go there. 

The level of poor planning was reflected when we commented to the cashier we couldn't believe how quiet it was and she said "she only found out about the sale at the start of her shift that day"

Same at my store. The associates were not aware of the sale until they arrived. I got the items I needed and put on layaway. I can store it there until the 13th and then pick up when my son is at school.

My Walmart had both the Infinity and Skylanders for all systems.  Last night, the shelves were clear, so I'm assuming they waited until today to put them out.  I didn't see any of the PS4 or XB1 games on sale.  They had a lot of board games for $5.  There was hardly anyone there - it seems to have been a very quiet pre-BF sale!

Just got back from my local walmart...plenty of skylanders and disney infinity...no leapsters and no cheap board games...my advice

is to call your local walmart and see if it is in stock. I'm in Canton,Ohio.  Yippee!!! one more thing off the list.

I went to my local walmart on my lunch break and got 3 Disney infinities for $37!!! I got the last one for the 3DS and they only had 2 left for the xbox and 1 for the Wii. I looked for the leap pad but they were sold out. I'll probably break down and buy the nextbook on sale online for $59. It's for a 6 yr old so I think it'll be ok for him. Going back tomorrow to see what else they have left. Didn't have time to stay as long as I wanted to today.