Walmart Announces they will match competitors BF prices a week before BF

nikkilugi

Hi, I've been a frequent reader of the forums, but first time posting. I'm in a small Kansas town, so I visited our Walmart today to ask about the week-ahead (Nov. 22) price matching. We don't have competitors (ie. Target, TRU, Best Buy) nearby, so usually our local store doesn't price match. I spoke to the markdown gal in the toys section. Here's what she told me: she said there are 248 markdowns in toys and electronics beginning at 8 a.m. Friday. She said she is coming in and manually marking down items, beginning at 8. So, if I want something that isn't marked down yet, find her and ask her to check the price. I've been looking online for a full list of planned markdowns, but can't find one -- aside from the items Walmart listed in its press release. 248 items was waaaay more than I was expecting.

was there a physical ad in the paper for this?  If so, what day?  I'm going to try online (I'm west coast) then head to the store and then try to price match at Target.  Swapforce is my last biggie item and we are going to be out of town on BF :(

Online in which timezone?

someone mentioned Central Time.

I really need to get Skylanders Swap Force...  I am wondering which would be my best bet... ordering online with in-store pickup or having it shipped from Walmart.com?  I can't make it to the store until 10am that day, and things would likely be sold out by then.... wonder if Amazon will be matching their price, or if I could price match at Target?  Hmmmmm....

I went in today and placed it on layaway because I am afraid they will sell out quick due to the price.  Layaway department will be open tomorrow just not Black Friday and they will price adjust it when I pick it up.  That policy is stated right on the receipt.  After I get the kids off to school I am going to pay it off and bring it home.

I work at Walmart in the Electronics Department and today we were notified that the pre-Black Friday sale that was supposed to start tomorrow at 8am would be activated today at 2:30pm.  I had to make sure all of the signing was up before I left work.  The sale prices are active now in the stores!

So I want to buy a LeapPad2 and I just looked online and it says there are not any available in-store at any of the Walmarts in my area, I know there's no way that's possible.  Could that have something to do with them getting ready for the sale tomorrow?  I had planned on going online at 8:00am to buy it, I'm  just worried that somehow this is going to mess things up.  Anyone know?

Just scored Disney Infinity and Skylanders for $37 each tonight in Walmart! Now I don't have to go there early tomorrow! They were not marked down on the tag and they were in their normal place. I just decided to scan one and it was $37! Guess they marked down early.

also scored skylanders swapforce for the sale price in-store today!  I went in to ask if I could just buy now and do a price adjustment tomorrow-- went straight to electronics dept.  She had no idea and brought over a manager.  She said all prices should be at sales price already as they wanted to make it as easy as possible to deal with crowds.  They also have Xbox One at 12:01 tonight.  Happy MamaBear!!