iPod Touch - What's the best deal?

Joli

The $229 iPod with $50 GC is also offered at Toys R Us.  Beware this is a lesser version of the original 5G iPod as it is missing the back camera and the wrist-strap (not important)  If your son was expecting a color other than gray, or the camera, this will not be what you are looking for.

Target has a 10% off iPods coupon on their website. I wasn't able to see the details on it since I don't have the Catalina coupon software on my computer at the moment, but check it out. It's possible that you can use it with the BF deal. I know they've had similar coupons in the past.

I saw it on page 14 of their coupons. Third row.

http://coupons.target.com/?page=14

Edited by ShoppingChick13

I tried to use that coupon on a Shuffle just last night and the system kept giving the error message that "not enough quantity entered".   The associate was unable to override it so we decided that perhaps the coupon was only good for multiple iPods being purchased?  Either that or the Shuffles were not eligible.  Makes no sense because neither of these limitations were listed on the coupon itself. 

I would have fought harder but the shuffle is very inexpensive compared to the other models, and at least my REDcard discount paid for the taxes.

Target has a 10% off iPods coupon on their website. I wasn't able to see the details on it since I don't have the Catalina coupon software on my computer at the moment, but check it out. It's possible that you can use it with the BF deal. I know they've had similar coupons in the past.

I saw it on page 14 of their coupons. Third row.

http://coupons.target.com/?page=14

This coupon expires on Wednesday, 11/27. So it can't be used with the BF deal.

I went to the Apple.com store and got a refurbished one for my son for Christmas! They come with the same warranty as a new one.  I paid $299 ( $319 with tax)  for a 5th generation 64GB Black one. It is the one with the back camera and strap.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD724LL/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-64gb-black-slate-5th-generation

They do have the 32GB for $219, they also have the 16GB but I do not remember how much they were as I was looking at the others.

Edited by amickeyfan
  • Like 2

I've bought refurbs from Apple before and have had NO issues at all with any of the devices! Just seconding this suggestion!

I went to the Apple.com store and got a refurbished one for my son for Christmas! They come with the same warranty as a new one.  I paid $299 ( $319 with tax)  for a 5th generation 64GB Black one. It is the one with the back camera and strap.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD724LL/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-64gb-black-slate-5th-generation

They do have the 32GB for $219, they also have the 16GB but I do not remember how much they were as I was looking at the others.

• Like 2

I've bought refurbs from Apple before and have had NO issues at all with any of the devices! Just seconding this suggestion!

This was actually my second time getting one from there. I had gone there once before to purchase one when my daughter lost her first one!  Back then they even engraved the refurbished. Now they do not do that anymore.  We have that one somewhere in the house, but where I do not know.  

My son is 27 and fell on hard times so we put him on our phone plan with only "talk". I would have to upgrade my plan to add text and data for him (I have it on one phone but not 2nd and to add to 3rd, they will make me change my plan :()  So I figured this was a cheap way out :yay: :yay:   He can use the I-pod for text and facetime talk when around WiFi, not to mention he can browse the web!  Cheaper than an I-phone!!!  When he gets back on his feet, he can get his own phone plan :gd_dollar

Edited by amickeyfan

OH YES, PLEASE HELP ME - Where on there site. I have been looking all morning and can not find a refurbished one or a tab for that either. A 16gb would be great for my daughters and at a discounted price even better. I will even take an older generation if they have them. I need 2 :bigcry:

OH YES, PLEASE HELP ME - Where on there site. I have been looking all morning and can not find a refurbished one or a tab for that either. A 16gb would be great for my daughters and at a discounted price even better. I will even take an older generation if they have them. I need 2 :bigcry:

From what i see right now they only have the 32gb for $229 & the 64 gb for $299 both refrubished.Id rather have Targets new one for $229 w/$25 g.c.

My son wants a new iPod for Christmas. Is the 16gb for $229 + a $50 gift card at Target the best deal?

Its the best one ive seen and the one ill be getting also.lol

The 16gb in the refurb store is for the nano; here's the iPod touch

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD720LL/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-32gb-white-silver-5th-generation

The 16gb in the refurb store is for the nano; here's the iPod touch

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD720LL/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-32gb-white-silver-5th-generation

There is a refrubished ipod touch in the store.I just looked it up.Its $219 for the 32 gb & the 64gb is $299. But beware these dont have cameras on the bk on front.FYI.

Edited by Deal Grabber

Im glad i saw this thread today as it just made up my mind.I was debating on getting my daughter a new Ipod touch or a Ipad.Her 4th gen ipod doesnt hold a charge that well but i just realized the new ipod doesnt have a back camera on it.She wont want that.Blahhh.Guess shes getting a Ipad and will have to wait for next year to get a new Ipod.oh well.

There is a refrubished ipod touch in the store.I just looked it up.Its $219 for the 32 gb & the 64gb is $299. But beware these dont have cameras on the bk on front.FYI.

Yes, the link I posted is for the refurbished touch; I was pointing out that the 16gb was not for a touch. I was just giving OP the link since they said they were having trouble finding it...