Best Buy Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

The E2742V appears to be a TN, there's also a E2742V-BN, but that's TN too.  The local BB has a LG 27" IPS monitor on display, I'll check it out, maybe that's the model...

I kinda figured out that's the reason.  

Ohhh look at Dell's ad, the Dell UltraSharp 23" U2312HM is IPS.

If I may, you are right the E2742V is TN and I initially chose that one as a comparison because they both LOOKED the same AND COST the same, but clearly they are not the same. This next model costs more but is an IPS panel just like the one that will be on sale on Black Friday, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/27-ips-led-hd-monitor/7979086.p?id=1218863183326&skuId=7979086&st=lg%2027%22%20monitor&cp=1&lp=2

Also, you mention the Dell U2312HM and the fact that it is IPS. You are right, it is an IPS panel BUT for $20 more why wouldn't you just go for the LG 27" monitor at Best Buy? Unless, of course, you know all about DPI and that sort of thing actually matters to you then by all means go for the Dell instead.

No problem, just looking for all my options.  I currently have a 23" asus and an aoc.  The AOC cannot be color calibrated successfully.  It fails at 97% of the dispcalgui profile verification tests.

I do like the 27" especially for the price, perhaps give me an excuse to upgrade both to 27" LOL

Ok I am going after the Kindle HD online. I have a backup plan of ordering for $109 from the amazonwarehouse on Amazon for $109 if my BB order gets cancelled. Of course if it goes lightening deal on Amazon that will all change. Im not so certain it will be a lightening deal though for the previous version (the new one sure) because right now amazon isnt even selling the previous version just AmazonWarehouse and various 3rd party sellers.

I am interested in that smartwatch. dh wants one so bad but it is the same price now, Iguess incentive is the gc? Anyone know if it is any good?

The galaxy smartwatch only works with the Galaxy Note 3.  If you don't have that phone, stay away from the samsung smartwatch.

The Pebble works with other phones.  Reviews say that it is OK.  It does use an eink screen, so no color.

If you are in line, don't forget to grab those 24 (2011's offering on a 24 inch was an LCD for the same price!)and 39 inch LED Insignia TVs! people do not talk them up, yet they sell out in minutes! The 39 inch may be ticketed this year. It is not getting a lot of love for a couple of reasons. First, it is not what many consider a brand name. Secondly, compared to last years offering, at first glance it seems like a downgrade. Last year, we had the $179 Toshiba LCD. This years offering, although an inch smaller, is an LED. Both are 60hz. If the LED panel turns out to be an LG, this could be a great little TV for the price.

Update: LG is the manufacturer of Insignia branded TVs. All of the internals are last year's production run. There are different manufacturers of panels, so you may get whatever compilable panel they can put in the set to finish the order for Best Buy. Overall, the success of the brand is largely due to LG reliability.

Here's a little love for the Insignia 39".  We bought one last year and its been a great tv with a very nice picture.  Name brand wasnt important to us as it's used in a bedroom, but it is a great TV for the price. Would purchase again if I had the need for another one.

• 2 weeks later...

4.6 out of 5

94% of reviewers would recommend this product to a friend

(46 out of 49)

LOL rushed there at 6:30 (I'm not THAT crazy) in case they might be running out.  Got there and not a one had sold HA! Well waited in line to get it.  Went back to BB a few hours to just look around and still had a tone of them left.  I could have waited for the crowds to let up LOL

Anyways... what I've seen so far (I've only worked on it for a couple hours now):  It's big compared to the 24", but that is kinda-of a downside too, 1920 is a bit too low for 27".  A resolution bump up would have helped it.  Also it's BRIGHT, I'll have to let it burn in before calibrating it. I do know it'll need to be toned down a lot.